IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

3 minutes ago, SJK said:

I give up.  I struggled through pages and pages of sophomoric ramblings about subjective and objective foolishness that I completely failed to discover how and why mansr was so egregiously hurt that he had no other option than to move on. 

I could use a reddit tl/dr over here. Throw a brother a bone, people. Please don’t tell me this is all about USB cables......

Here you go. A good description, although it doesn't cover all the prequel details to this latest episode. Such as being treated as second-tier citizens, forced to post to a sub-forum or your posts will be moved there, being attacked constantly by the subjectivist majority in order to make you shut up,  the tacit agreement that AS is now a subjectivists-run forum and your opinion doesn't count, and much more that's not visible from the surface:

10 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Here you go. A good description, although it doesn't cover all the prequel details to this latest episode. Such as being treated as second-tier citizens, forced to post to a sub-forum or your posts will be moved there, being attacked constantly by the subjectivist majority in order to make you shut up,  the tacit agreement that AS is now a subjectivists-run forum and your opinion doesn't count, and much more that's not visible from the surface:

Thanks, dude. Wasn’t exactly the tl/dr I was looking for but I appreciate the response. 

3 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

You are really on a roll, Chris. Pretty soon you will not need the Objectify forum with nobody left to post there. Problem solved, I guess.

We shouldn't have needed it in the first place.

I hope that if it doesn't pan out as hoped, that Chris rolls it back to what it was previously, but appoints a few moderators to 

help  enforce what shouldn't need to be enforced.

Forums are supposed to be about the exchange of information, and a place to make new friends with similar interests.

Quite often, on line friends can become real life friends, sharing similar interests when then they live in the same general area.

I would like to see more members state the city they live in to enable this to happen.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Just now, jabbr said:

I use my own criteria! People who actually produce music love music not just electronics 😉 I also think it really cool that a certain USB expert makes tube guitar amps 😉

Yeah if someone threatens to leave they can come back at will. Banned: not so much. Did the punishment fit the crime?

I don't judge people by what they like. It matters not if someone like music, like gear, both, or neither, or creates music. They are all human and I don't want them using my likes and dislikes as criteria with which to judge me. Live and let live. 

He didn't threaten to leave. He left on his own accord. I trust people when they show me who they are. He left, I don't call that punishment.

I get that you like the guy, but he couldn't abide by the rules. I won't make exceptions for this and let the tail wag the dog. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

34 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

Chris, I appreciate your reply and your kind words. I would respectfully suggest - and it appears from some prior comments I am not alone in this perception - that it might be your current (understandable) state of mind rather than the tone of my commentary that is different at this moment.

To repeat, I am not associating myself with - in fact, will explicitly disassociate myself from - claims that you are doing this for "money" or purely for business reasons. I am not questioning your motives, nor do I feel I am attributing secret reasons to your move or "reading between the lines." I chose to quote that specific comment of yours not because it fits my view, but rather because it most clearly shows the circle you can't square. You believe - by your own words clear as day - that subjectivism is the majority perspective and experience of hi-if. You believe - in your own words - that you are giving the objectivist minority "their own space." You believe - by your own words in many other comments in this thread, not just that one - that having their own space is something objectivists should welcome, and that if they object to it then they are not actually interested in good-faith objectivist discussion but rather only in it for the fighting and arguing.

My point is that you are fully within your rights to do this, and neither I nor anyone else has to like it - we are free to go elsewhere if we don't. I accept that fully. But if you do this and also at the same time claim that this is not what you are actually saying and doing, then I am going to point that out and object to it unless or until I am informed that I am violating forum behavioral rules.

Respectfully, the only thing that's different about my commentary this time is that I don't agree with your argument in support of your action here (even though I fully respect your prerogative to take that action).

I’m pretty worn out today, in bed now just about to shut down for the night. I want to respond to every sentence but don’t have the brain power right now. 

Fine if you don’t agree with my argument, but you’re picking and choosing the argument with which to disagree. I guess I’m not sure how you have me simultaneously saying two things, when everything I’ve said is here for all of us to see. 

You use an example of me saying I’ve given objectivists a space. Yes, that’s right I have. Now where’s the counter example of a circle I can’t square or where I claim this isn’t happening? Everything I said in the original article and comments is true. 

Please help me find what you believe is wrong with it. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png