IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

You are totally missing the point with this move Chris @The Computer Audiophile. The “objectivists” post in all audio forums with a purpose: to save the poor souls from the evil of snake oil and high end audio charlatans and scammers. They already have their own site somewhere else (we know where). But they cannot save anyone there, as they are all saints. So they need to go to other places to do the saving. Like good missionaries. If they all talk between themselves, it’s very boring, and serves no purpose.

Bottom line: this ain’t gone work. Look up the meaning of “missionary” in dictionary. They need to go places

On 2/17/2020 at 2:15 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

The difference now is that the interjections or fundamental disagreements now have their own sub-forum and there's a sub-forum for people to start objective conversations in a place free from, as some call them, anti-vaxxer style comments. 

We tried giving the OP the ability to police threads with limited success. We tried telling people to create their own threads if they disagreed with something their comments would be seen as a thread-crap. There's no silver bullet. Now, we can move comments and threads into a place where everyone knows they are allowed. 

If you're unclear where to post you have the option of asking me (probably time consuming for both of us), doing your best to select the right spot, or just giving up on the new rules and going elsewhere. Seems to me the risk / reward of the middle option isn't too terrible and will likely help us all get to a happy medium. That said, if the change is a bridge too far, I understand. 

Not at all. Perhaps you missed all my examples of SandyK's inappropriate posts and the fact that this now gives you a place free from his snark and anger. There are many threads with "objectivist" OPs who have mod rights to the thread. They wanted this just to remove his posts. 

If objective information and science is what you consider the kids table, it's a table I'd be happy to sit at. 

Plus, there is Mac n Cheese for all.

17 hours ago, thyname said:

You are totally missing the point with this move Chris @The Computer Audiophile. The “objectivists” post in all audio forums with a purpose: to save the poor souls from the evil of snake oil and high end audio charlatans and scammers. They already have their own site somewhere else (we know where). But they cannot save anyone there, as they are all saints. So they need to go to other places to do the saving. Like good missionaries. If they all talk between themselves, it’s very boring, and serves no purpose.

Bottom line: this ain’t gone work. Look up the meaning of “missionary” in dictionary. They need to go places

Please let me point out that there is, however, a thick grey area between missionaries and crusaders.
As a side note and my personal opinion: I usually sense a strong form of deliberate denigration of opponents when reading religious intentions attached to people or camps, who are per se rather agnostic (which in turn does not help against showing bad manners & attitudes in Audio forum discussions).  Just my 2cents.

1 hour ago, fas42 said:

with a desire to take offense at a subconscious mistake;

Frank, I decided to NOT bring that issue openly to discussion here in this threat. I have  sent you a pm instead, hoping you could as well refrain from discussing thyname's behaviour over at ASR, because I regard that discussion as unhelpful at Audiophile Style.

4 hours ago, fas42 said:

I looked this up, if this is the thread you're talking about, https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/uptone-audio-etherregen-switch-review.10232/ - and I am fully on the side of thyname here ... I see members of ASR frothing at the mouth with a desire to take offense at a subconscious mistake; and in spite of thyname trying to get it to settle down, the members refuse to be reasonable, and keep trying to escalate the vitriol ... hmmm.

I promised myself to refrain from engaging with these people. There, here, anywhere (it’s the same few names). Utterly toxic characters, and not worth my time. Let them be, in their miserable small world, and in their full time job campaign of spreading the gospel (read: venom), ironically in the name of science.

Chris, in my opinion the state of Audiophile Style is not good. I've been tracking visits to the site since late 2016 and it sadden me to see it with fewer visits than The Absolute Sound.

I expected this when the discussions turned to high resolution v CD quality but it is something we need to work through as a community together not separately.

As for the subjective / objective debate is has always been my opinion that you need both. I can dance to any tune  but my subjective comments start at how will it play Pet Sounds and only get harder as I go down my reference albums and recordings.

Back to regularly scheduled programing.

• 2 months later...