IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

Just now, daverich4 said:

Any chance that’s a typo and you meant to say...

A Mansr gotta do what a Mansr gotta do?

Mans is his name.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

33 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

At the end of the day, this was a business decision for Chris and nothing more.  "Subjectivists" buy more stuff and are way more influenced by hype and the Audiophile Press.  Chris is just going where the money is.

"it's not personal, it's business"

Yes, it is this and quite transparently so.  Chris cannot put enough lipstick on that pig to fool anyone.

Nothing personal just business.  Of course except for Chris and his advertisers it wasn't a business. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

1 minute ago, esldude said:

Yes, it is this and quite transparently so.  Chris can put enough lipstick on that pig to fool anyone.

Nothing personal just business.  Of course except for Chris and his advertisers it wasn't a business. 

Dream on Dennis. If you don't like it here, leave. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’m just tired of taking shit from people. I can only be nice and reasonable for so long. Some people don’t respond well to nice and reasonable. Then I just give them the blunt truth. Isn’t that what they do to others?

Funny as HELL.    That is exactly the feeling I've had many times just as a poster.  I and those of a similar approach to enjoying our audio have the same experience.  And now you are getting a bit of it and do not seem to be doing very well.  You aren't so cheerful and easy going.  Remember none of the rest of us were killing puppies either. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

5 minutes ago, Teresa said:

I thought most subjectivists also disliked MQA and are fearful of future music being contaminated by MQA. I don't believe this is an objectivist only position. That being the case how can it be a win for MQA.

While I think the whole "objectivist/subjectivist" trope is just intellectual laziness taken to extremes, the changes Chris has made are a win for MQA because their proxies (Atkinson, Quint, Austin, Scoggins, et. al.) will feel no restraint to push the MQA lies with full confidence that they will not be challenged here in any way.  After all, we have to be civil to the Elders, don't we?  This is what they have demanded (just look at Quint's last 10 posts), and Chris has granted it to them with no conditions.  The forum now has no place for dissent.  Chris has been unequivocal: if you don't like it, leave!

1 minute ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

While I think the whole "objectivist/subjectivist" trope is just intellectual laziness taken to extremes, the changes Chris has made are a win for MQA because their proxies (Atkinson, Quint, Austin, Scoggins, et. al.) will feel no restraint to push the MQA lies with full confidence that they will not be challenged here in any way.  After all, we have to be civil to the Elders, don't we?  This is what they have demanded (just look at Quint's last 10 posts), and Chris has granted it to them with no conditions.  The forum now has no place for dissent.  Chris has been unequivocal: if you don't like it, leave!

Stop making up stories Sam. If you can’t stop you will be forced to leave as well. Blunt truth. You should like that. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

4 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

The real danger probably isn't from a zombie MQA.  It is that something like it will come along in the future.  And Chris has arranged for the forum to have shall we say, no resistance to such a thing in the future. 

1 minute ago, esldude said:

The real danger probably isn't from a zombie MQA.  It is that something like it will come along in the future.  And Chris has arranged for the forum to have shall we say, no resistance to such a thing in the future. 

I can understand this - but it implicates AS as EITHER an effective "resistance" node OR a place where Audiophiles can be Audiophiles. If CC was effectively forced to choose then maybe that's what we're seeing.

[That said I think I have seen CC say that he considers no-one indispensable in the "resistance" business. I don't have a view about that since I am not here for that purpose primarily.]

Just now, esldude said:

I don't see it as an EITHER/OR choice.  I think you can have both.  You can also choose not to have both.  Looks like a choice has been made even if that choice was unintentional. 

You've missed the "take home" message of the day. (And the "Audiophiles can be Audiophiles" part of my post.)