IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

26 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Firedog, I'm not your 'strawman' objectivist, so stop painting me as one. I don't jump in to a thread to be arrogant or to say everyone else is wrong. When I join a USB cable comparisons thread, I actually contribute from my own experience. I've measured, built, and listened to many USB cables, using multiple DACs and multiple source formats, headphones, speakers. So you are telling me I should stop posting because this ruins the 'high' for others?  Because I approach the evaluation of these things methodically, and try to be rational in my approach?

Here are some examples of my contributions on USB cable related threads. I've stayed out of these more recently. There are others.

Sorry, shouldn't have made it sound like you were my typical example, I'm really talking about some of the posts over at the "USB cable comparisons" thread and others of the ilk. But your above examples aren't really relevant of the problem we are talking about: your own thread that's an open one, a bits is bits thread, and one responding to a review where the discussion was about measurements.

And so, no I'm not tellingyou you should stop posting. I specifically said you should post in the appropriate threads. You didn't see that?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, firedog said:

And so, no I'm not tellingyou you should stop posting. I specifically said you should post in the appropriate threads. You didn't see that?

'Appropriate threads' is the thing that Chris has yet to define, and I asked repeatedly. According to him, it's a 'gray area', so my posts are subject to removal from any thread (other than in Objective Fi, I assume), with no way for me to judge ahead of time if I'm going to be booted or tolerated, and what logic will be used to make this decision. That's what I have a problem with.

39 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Marce, you just don’t understand how things work.

7 minutes ago, marce said:

The funny thing is in all this, is that at the end of the day,

Designing electronics and speakers to replay music is

objective/engineering based, especially the digital side of things.

Anyone remember the old adage, hi-fi amplifier should be like a “bit of wire with gain”.

Nothing added/nothing subtracted for the signal in to the signal out.

@marce That's not (for present purposes) "how things work"!

Guest QAwdeermteyiouion
21 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Don't you think it's obvious in most cases? Serious question. 

Even if it is in most cases (more than 50%) or many of them, the remaining cases will still (potentially) contribute to the problem.

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

No hobbyist here is designing electronics or speakers. We listen to them to have fun. 

Please move on to whatever site wishes to host your crusade. 

Don't worry Chris I will be moving on, your recent attitude has been somewhat biased...

I do know what provoked this recent inquisition, I am sure you will all be happy with no opposing views or only technical input that supports the viewpoint...

4 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

You guys won. You've convinced Chris to drive out the undesirables in order to create your nice warm place where everyone is a friend, no opinions are challenged, and nothing of any lasting value to anyone is created.

Well - I wouldn't agree with the last bit.

Guest QAwdeermteyiouion
19 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Liking something is subjective.

But the question can you tell the difference between the sound of an instrument that is being recorded and the reproduction of the sound is an objective one. If you can hear the difference, your reaction to the difference is of course subjective.