The Computer Audiophile

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

Rate this topic

Please think about this... How can your forum make Computer Audio easier to understand for those who want it, but just don’t understand it and need help with getting it.

JD

2 minutes ago, JDoyle said:

Please think about this... How can your forum make Computer Audio easier to understand for those who want it, but just don’t understand it and need help with getting it.

JD

Hi JD, the same way it always has. Perhaps I don't follow your question?

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

1 hour ago, Iving said:

You are far too intelligent to avoid appreciating what I'm saying.

Unfortunately, intelligence and empathy are not necessarily related. Just look to Washington, DC, if you need any proof.  :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted"- William Bruce Cameron

16 minutes ago, Allan F said:

Unfortunately, intelligence and empathy are not necessarily related. Just look to Washington, DC, if you need any proof.  :)

Perhaps ... but they are positively and highly correlated in my case. And that's all I care about 🙃.

8 minutes ago, Iving said:

Perhaps ... but they are positively and highly correlated in my case.

I most certainly agree that, ideally, they should be. Moreover, without much effort, they can be.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted"- William Bruce Cameron

1 minute ago, firedog said:

People need to realize there's a difference between a thread (like the DLNA thread referenced above) where the OP asks for info/opinion and is clearly asking for all points of view, or a thread  where the OP says something like, "do you think USB cables can make a difference?", as opposed to a thread where the topic is "USB cable comparisons". In the latter, the OP clearly isn't asking to be told that there isn't a difference between cables and cables can't possibly make a difference.

In the first type of thread all points of view are welcome, in the second the objectivists clearly aren't welcome, especially if they want to be snarky. I don't really think this is rocket science.

+1000000000000000000

1 minute ago, firedog said:

People need to realize there's a difference between a thread (like the DLNA thread referenced above) where the OP asks for info/opinion and is clearly asking for all points of view, or a thread  where the OP says something like, "do you think USB cables can make a difference?", as opposed to a thread where the topic is "USB cable comparisons". In the latter, the OP clearly isn't asking to be told that there isn't a difference between cables and cables can't possibly make a difference.

In the first type of thread all points of view are welcome, in the second the objectivists clearly aren't welcome, especially if they want to be snarky. I don't really think this is rocket science.

I agree.

Perhaps there just needs to be a better way for those starting threads to indicate what kinds of opinions they welcome.

Everything matters... when brewing coffee.

3 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I agree.

Perhaps there just needs to be a better way for those starting threads to indicate what kinds of opinions they welcome.

Don't you think it's obvious in most cases? Serious question.