IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

2 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

The reality is that the folks that you all consider the most disruptive are also the ones with the most technical skills and knowledge.

Once Chris has driven these folks off he technical core of this place will be gone and what will be left?

A bunch of guys sitting around sharing stories about which ethernet cable sounds the best.

In other words, a shell of what this place was and could still be.

It appears that the high water mark of this place will be the MQA vaporware thread. 

I ask others to reflect on what happened in that thread.

Was the real value that that thread provided created through making this is a "fun place" or by breaking a few (dozen) eggs and pissing more than a few people off?

baby and bath water

46 minutes ago, esldude said:

The bs and the money won.  Chris won. Makers of make believe won. Hard to be genuinely helpful in such an environment. Easy to spin the fanciful tale.

Facts matter. It’s now even easier to help because you don’t have to fight off make believe while educating.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I suspect that, as Jud suggested, Chris has to some degree "had it," and now has to be definitive.  I also believe that a lot of "soul searching" has gone on behind the scenes and he hasn't made decisions about this, the source of his livelihood and a labor of love, casually.

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

4 minutes ago, austinpop said:

To lighten the mood, here's one way to bridge the subjective-objective divide. :) 

http://www.moviequotedb.com/movies/my-cousin-vinny/quote_15938.html

My favorite part:

Vinny: How can you be sure you used 16 foot pounds of torque?
Mona Lisa: Because I used a Craftsman model 1019 Laboratory edition, signature series torque wrench. The kind used by Cal Tech High Energy physicists, and NASA engineers.
Vinny: In that case, how can you be sure THAT'S accurate?
Mona Lisa: Because a split second before the torque wrench was applied to the faucet handle, it had been calibrated by top members of the state and federal Departments of Weights and Measures, to be dead-on balls accurate. Here's the certificate of validation!
Vinny: "Dead-on balls accurate"?
Mona Lisa: It's an industry term.

That entire movie is great.

Now back to your previously scheduled posting...

No electron left behind.