IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style State of the Union

4 minutes ago, manueljenkin said:

I know my craft and don't think anything I've said is wrong, but if you believe so, you always have the freedom to (let me be the subjectivist pleb you feel I am). I don't even know who kunchur is (until now), the references are from other studies. Not posting it here and making a mess. Make a new thread and I'll post the relevant materials there.

Chris, I apologize for the post. Realized I made things worse than what it already was.

References from studies are always very welcome. I for one would be interested and happy to read them. As I noted above, it seems to me something like this would be perfect for the objective area of the forum, provided you are agreeable to abiding by the spirit and tone. Would you like to start a thread there?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi Jud, thanks for the offer. I sent you a pm with one of the links. I can send you the links later. I wouldn't want to create any thread, I lack the patience. I'd be happy if you could proofread them and create a thread if you find them interesting or worthy to look at.

I'm going to spend my time lurking around asking advice on I/o, software/protocol and other stuff which would help me in my personal project (audible or not, the learnings will help me in other domains). Hopefully I don't get a reply like - that's idiotic, you're doing overkill, it will not be audible.

And obviously upvoting cool looking gear and peer opinions on other gear.

I don't think it's revealing any confidences in saying that @manueljenkin tells me via PM he would like to eventually do a thread. Until then I may pass along references that seem interesting.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I would eventually like to make a thread but I really lack necessary equipment to measure things reliably. Everywhere else I've posted seeking help from peers to help measure things, I was scoffed and harassed but, eventually some of those have been measurably demonstrated already (thanks to a few open minded friends who took the effort to measure and try it out).

I just can't forget the episode at head fi. They had this place called sound science. I thought they encourage efforts and I posted my predictions (so it gives a context of the angle I'm looking it at) asking people how to go about measuring it. I got harassed heavily, on something that was later measurably demonstrated (look above). I am not taking the risk until I have faith in this place.

When I ask for advice on gear to measure things I get answers like "you're an idiot for not sticking to fr".

4 hours ago, manueljenkin said:

... I got harassed heavily, on something that was later measurably demonstrated (look above). I am not taking the risk until I have faith in this place. ...

Are you referring to Kunchur's measurements of aural time resolution, or the ability of 48 KHz sampling to accurately capture this resolution? If the latter, I've created a thread about it. ☺️

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

2 hours ago, Don Hills said:

Are you referring to Kunchur's measurements of aural time resolution, or the ability of 48 KHz sampling to accurately capture this resolution? If the latter, I've created a thread about it. ☺️

Do you lack basic context or reading skills. Or is it just another ploy. You guys seem to get some special kind of joy tweaking someone's post to a form where the full information is modified enough for you to showcase your pedantic skills at. It was another entirely different thing that psuedo-objectivists scoffed at (differences in sound between foobar2000 and winyl, in wasapi). I sent links to relevant people, you can ask them.

6 minutes ago, manueljenkin said:

Hi Chris, just a quick suggestion. Can we create a science thread - with exclusion of audibility and off topic bullying. Just the discussion of overall science, whether it's audible or not or how it translates to the audio link shall discussed in other places. Just to share and discuss only papers/publications on actual science (directly or indirectly related to audio). I would be able to contribute a significant chunk of links and some basic explanation of what each of that means to audio. I believe building such a repository would be beneficial for people to probably have an idea where their issues/experiences could stem from. I know that this looks like fragmentation, but think of this like a FAQ thread but more scientific.

For example, Lot of people don't know usb has a spec and for a specific reason. This touches the basics of characteristic impedance

Absolutely 100%. 

Please create the thread in the Objevtive-Fi sub forum. Title it whatever you deem appropriate and run with it. I love it. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

7 minutes ago, sandyk said:

That comment is unfair.

I believe that if a suitably qualified member offered to complement Chris's reviews with a raft of useful measurements , that Chris would more than likely jump at the chance, provided that logistics and the time frame of review equipment availability wasn't a problem.

Exactly. We publish measurements when we can. I purchased a DraginFly Cobalt so Mans could measure it and pull it apart. I can’t make that happen for every component. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png