IGNORED

So long, and thanks for all the fish

mansr

34 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

That being said, it is too bad mansr felt the need to leave.

Agreed, probably by all involved except for the little ASR cheering leading crew.

I for one hope that mansr finds the grass not greener, in which case I bet he is welcome back wholeheartedly.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

54 minutes ago, firedog said:

I think this has nothing to do with Quint. You, for some reason are obsessed with him, and seem to think he has some imaginary powers. MQA? That's a total non-sequitur.

Quint demanded that the forum be more "civil" to people of his station.  His request was more than granted.  Do you seriously doubt he will be here congratulating Chris for making the "right choice"?

1 hour ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I thought Chris picked "Style" only because it rhymed with Audiophile 😄

That absolutely had something to do with my branding decision. 

People read way too much into the name though. Apple doesn't sell fruits, Shell doesn't sell the exoskeleton of invertebrates, and Alphabet has nothing to do with literacy. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

11 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Quint demanded that the forum be more "civil" to people of his station.  His request was more than granted.  Do you seriously doubt he will be here congratulating Chris for making the "right choice"?

I for one just cannot wait to meet anybody demanding civility *because of their station*.

edit: CC excepted, naturally

2 hours ago, Racerxnet said:

Every objectivist who may disagree seems to be the target. Calling out the subjective opinion and asking for solid science regarding the matter is not welcome. I get it. Kind of like a ostrich head in the sand. Don't look or say anything regarding subject. It may offend someone. I'll leave it be. 

MAK

Where the objectivists always, always, always miss the point is that with audio it's not about solid science - it's about solid engineering. If a system, in absolutely any field of human endeavour, is not well implemented then all sorts of "stupid things!" matter - one ends up using rubber bands around things, to get it to work better ... but people who supply those rubber bands in audio in myriad colours, and stretchiness disturb those who also want to bath in the contentment that they know everything that's important ... because they 'measure' it, 😉.

7 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Perception is reality!

Interesting take!

The "spiritual masters" and quantum physicists have told us that perception follows thought. To the degree that statement is true, it quite well explains the subjectivist/objectivist divide!

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

3 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

While I see your point, and I certainly agree that there is no excuse for incivility toward anyone, opposing views are what makes ballgames, and controversy is part and parcel to an interesting forum. I for one hate to see members like Mansr and KumaKuma leave even though I have disagreed with both of them on occasion. I have also, on occasion learned from both of them. I say hail and farewell to them.

Thanks for the kind words, George. I'm still here although probably one bad post away from being banned.

Mans and Bill left on their own. Ralf and Marce were banned. Others have been "encouraged" to leave.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull