IGNORED

So long, and thanks for all the fish

mansr

13 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

That isn't why people are leaving.

Intended or not, that is certainly the impression created by the content of their posts in the State of the Union thread.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

5 hours ago, mansr said:

This will be my final post here. The development over the last few months, culminating in yesterday's announcement, make it clear that my participation is no longer welcome.

Congratulations Alex, you finally got what you wanted.

@The Computer Audiophile, please delete all my posts. I do not wish to be associated in any way with what this place has become.

If anyone wants to get in touch, I'll be hanging out with my new best friend Amir.

You,among the very few others, always willing to explain your point and point out my errors. I learned a few things from you. I am suppose to get back to you about one point you pointed out long ago but now  probably too late. 

50 minutes ago, esldude said:

That would require some special interpretation on your part.  What actually indicates is you don't understand the reasons some don't like the new forum or that you disagree with them. 

Once an objectivist, always an objectivist. No special interpretation is required. Don't you understand that the impression created, whether intended or not, is the subjective one in the mind of the reader? :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Just now, Allan F said:

Once an objectivist, always an objectivist. No special interpretation required. Don't you understand that the impression created is the subjective one in the mind of the reader. :)

Yes, which is why I think your subjective impression is not the one intended because you misunderstand or don't understand the reasons of the other posters.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

2 hours ago, kumakuma said:

Thanks for the kind words, George. I'm still here although probably one bad post away from being banned.

Mans and Bill left on their own. Ralf and Marce were banned. Others have been "encouraged" to leave.

Sorry to see you go, unlike Ralf & Marce, yours and Mans posts were often quite funny. 

18 minutes ago, Allan F said:

Nor should others have to suffer mansr badly.

Perhaps Chris needs to show those folks how to use the handy dandy ignore feature of this forum.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull