IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

On 3/25/2020 at 4:47 AM, Jud said:

Edit: It's interesting, because they're something like the turntable now. Sound is beautiful, but every station I can pick up here and many, many more in all corners of the country and the world are available streaming over the Web or my phone through the microRendu using Shairport, "no static at all," as Steely Dan would say.

Wow, this is interesting Jud.  I was not previously aware of Shairport.  Am I understanding correctly, that can use Shairport to stream any online content (YouTube, web radio, etc.) through your MicroRendu?  What mode are you using for this on your MicroRendu?

EDIT: sorry, this is off topic, Jud, ignore or send me a pm.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

On 3/26/2020 at 11:23 AM, Blake said:

Wow, this is interesting Jud.  I was not previously aware of Shairport.  Am I understanding correctly, that can use Shairport to stream any online content (YouTube, web radio, etc.) through your MicroRendu?  What mode are you using for this on your MicroRendu?

EDIT: sorry, this is off topic, Jud, ignore or send me a pm.

I figured one more OT might be forgiven. If you can stream it over Airplay/Airplay2 (maybe others, though I don't know), just go into Apps on a microRendu and choose Shairport. The mRendu will show up as a selection for your Airplay streaming. I assume it works the same with other Rendus.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here are some terrible Android Pad pics :D

PC > TEAC DAC > ARC SP-16 > Kenwood L-07M's > ELAC Unifi UB5 speakers on 30" stands that are sand filled with 40 lbs sand each.

IMG_20200809_173606.jpg

IMG_20200809_173401.jpg

IMG_20200809_173336.jpg

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

14 minutes ago, Oystein said:

I had the opportunity to hide the equipment ( WAF requirement 😅

Do I understand correctly - she doesn't know where the gear is or even if it's still there.? ;)

Are you cheating on your wife (in an audiophile sense).? x-D

2 hours ago, Oystein said:

My "hidden" stereo ...

Since a renovation of our house last year and a new platform for our wood burner I had the opportunity to hide the equipment 
( WAF requirement 😅

But I am happy with the result too 😇

To be able to control the pre-amp I extended the IR sensor with a 3,5 mm plug in the rear panel of the NAD and a DIY extension cable with IR sensor to be "visible" in the living room using the Logitech remote.

Music storage: x86 based NAS (XPEnology)
Player: BeagleBone Black with MPD
DAC: ES9023 DIY module from Sellarz ( Soekris dam1121 will be installed soon)
Pre Amp: NAD C162
Power amp: Odyssey Khartago with upgrades
Speakers: Boenicke W5
Cables: DH Labs interlink / speaker and servo drive cable for in wall power supply and power cords.
The servo drive cable is tightly wound and has PTFE low inductrance isolation.
Have screened and unscreened versions.

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

Lovely!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, Oystein said:

Haha ... she knows it is there but upgrading was never as easy as now ... she will never notice if something has changed as long as I do not change the speakers 😉

P.S. we have a shared bank account so I can not go ballistic without getting noticed 😬

I still don't know what a woman not accepting my hobby or spendings means but if I were you I would patent the idea!

Hi,

I’m looking for suggestions or solutions for a rack to hold all the little boxes we accumulate. Some examples are Rendus, LPS 1.2s, EtherREGENs, JS2s, other linear power supplies and assorted other “stuff”. 

I’ve seen iFi’s solution the little “irack” and that looks ideal but it’s not quite large enough. 

I’m thinking of something like that, with stackable shelves, and not as wide as a normal rack. So it could be positioned maybe behind the rack with the backs of the equipment facing the back of the main equipment or beside it so that connections to the DAC, clock, PCs, etc could easily be made. 

It needs to be heavy enough it won’t turn over of course. 

I’m hoping to hear and see what some of your creative solutions are. 

Any one else frustrated with all the mess?

thanks,

Steven

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

1 hour ago, Oystein said:

My cast are not interested in the speakers ...

They start sniffing at the concrete base ... then the metal rod upwards and by the time they reach the speaker they already have lost interest.

They do like the higher ground to have a good overview into the garden 😂

1k0.jpg

Best!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

It is really surprising how good these ELAC Unifi UB5 speakers are, especially for the price. They are definitely more dynamic than my Linn Tukans (which are very polite even with their ceramic tweeter). The Kenwood amps can really push the ELAC's well, so this will be the setup until we end up moving (which will be by the end of the year).

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects