IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

On 7/12/2019 at 8:56 AM, Bazinga said:

long story but yes I did , ended up buy the Bel Canto Black ASC2 system and then also buying the Allnic system along with some new speakers . 

So you have Bel Canto Black *and* Allnic? Could you elaborate a little on which component is doing what in your system? Where is the ASC2 in your photo by the way?

1 minute ago, StreamFidelity said:

That is my modest contribution.

Acoustic Solid Classic Wood MPX Midi / T+A PA 3000 HV / ARMATUR Asterion - Holo Spring DAC / Control PC + Audio PC

Sonus Faber Amati Futura

Nothing modest about those Futuras!!!  I have the Guarneri Evolutions paired with 2 REL subs.  I love the SF sound!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, cjf said:

New Listening Room almost same equipment. + 2 New Subs (Rythmik E15HP2's) + Audiolense Room Correction.

Ignore the wires on the floor, was still setting up new subs when pics were taken 😮

Great setup, love the floor.  Do you have some close up pics of your rack and platforms and some details as to what they are? 

My rig

WOW - I feel inadequate with my equipment now. It is also a very small room. Wharfedale Linton Heritage plus stands, fed by 2 Kenwood monoblocks and the rest is on the right side of the picture (out of view).

20190528_174254[1].jpg

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

On 7/26/2019 at 11:56 AM, Ralf11 said:

cjf, what are those listening chairs?

Hello, The chairs are made by Stressless and the model is called "Wing".

Very comfortable and allows for hours of sitting without even thinking about the chair itself. I find that when a chair is not comfortable besides the obvious pain/discomfort itself that you feel, it also tends to distract you from whatever you are doing while sitting in them. With these chairs that doesn't happen and I love them. Not cheap but most things worth having never are, unfortunately

4 hours ago, cjf said:

Thanks for the compliments. The wooden equipment rack is one that I built from Maple Butcher Block. At the very bottom of the rack are 4 Stillpoint Ultra SS feet which support the first layer of wood. Sandwiched between the two wood platforms are one layer of Cork Yoga Blocks and sitting on top of those is a slab of Granite. On top of the Granite slab sits 4 Solid Tech Disks of Silence isolation devices that are spring loaded as to allow the whole top platform to float/jiggle separately from the lower platform.

For the Amps I used 2 Slabs of Pennsylvania Blue stone which are about 75lbs each and very dense. They are supported by 4 Herbie Spikes inverted with points facing up so I can level the stones without harming the wood floors.

Thanks for the info!  A couple yrs ago? there was someone (maybe here) describing this same rack config - maple platform, cork blocks, granite etc..  Maybe it was you, can't remember. Anyway thanks.

I do however want to get Pennsylvania Blue stone for my mono's - suggestions on where to look/source?

My rig

14 hours ago, Foggie said:

Thanks for the info!  A couple yrs ago? there was someone (maybe here) describing this same rack config - maple platform, cork blocks, granite etc..  Maybe it was you, can't remember. Anyway thanks.

I do however want to get Pennsylvania Blue stone for my mono's - suggestions on where to look/source?

Hello,

Yes a couple of years back I did a whole write up on the rack in question along with vibration measurements..etc. Unfortunately that post was lost/butchered during one of the site migrations/upgrades and I lost motivation to piece it back together.

I got the Bluestone Slabs from a local (at the time) Landscape Supply Co when I lived back East in PA. Its my understanding that the stone is only found in a few places in and around PA. If you live on the East Coast the stone is fairly easy to find in the PA TriState Area. If you live elsewhere you can probably find it on some Landscape Supply Co website from that area and have them ship it to you. Due to its density/weight I expect there will be a heavy penalty on shipping costs but its certainly doable.

Mine range in thickness between 2.75-3.0" depending on where you take the measurement from. They are 18"x18" and weigh about 75lb each to give you an idea on possible shipping costs.

• 6 months later...

Wondering what happened to this thread. Nobody's posted for awhile. Shame. I really enjoy it. 

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5