IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

9 minutes ago, cjf said:

A few updates to the system, namely the addition of a new Merging HAPI DA with Premium Card (no AD Card yet) but still use the Lynx Hilo for those duties (Room Measurememts).

I was on the fence for about a year before buying the HAPI because I was afraid of it not being able to do everything I needed it to do but it turns out that it can, and then some. I suspect this has everything to do with their new MAD ASIO driver that is now multi-client. It took a few days to figure out the basics and I still have much to experiment with but for now I have the basics up and running to allow for full operation of my 4ch setup with two mains and two subs with Audiolense/Roon Convolution and DSP volume control.

This unit has replaced a combo of a Lynx Hilo and Benchmark DAC3 and so far I am getting a sense that the HAPI offers more detail retrieval than the other DACs offer and I haven't even gotten around to trying the DSD256 capabilities of the HAPI yet. In my mind this is quite impressive considering the competition it replaced so no complaints there.

All I can say is that its real nice to be able to cut the cord of needing USB for everything. I've been wanting a divorce from USB for years.

Highly recommended DAC

50733952898_5cc6b90822_b.jpg

Fantastic. I have an Anubis with tons of capabilities. I’m using the VAD for macOS but will try the MAD ASIO on Windows soon. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, PavelDosko said:

More than a year of work ... 125x38x60 cm, weight 140 kg 1 piece, the body is made of aluminum sandwich 20mm, the outer part of the body is artificial stone 12 mm, a separate chamber for the switch (I attach the photo of the switch), a separate chamber for the tweeter (Aurum Cantus G1 ), two Seas passive speakers, a midrange and an Audax center speaker. Sensitivity 92dB, Furutech output terminals, grounding terminal. Inside, hand-drawn polished silver wiring for highs and mids, for OFC copper subwoofers. I'm satisfied.

vyhybky.JPG

That looks amazing. If they sound as good as they look, congrats!  This is well beyond my DIY capabilities :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/25/2020 at 10:39 AM, audiobomber said:

I fine-tuned my sub crossovers with REW DSP yesterday, my best and final attempt. Tweaks are finished, very good cables, three linear PSU's, two power conditioners. The IsoAcoustics stands tilt the speakers down to the listening seat. Upgrading the main components would cost more than I am willing to spend, so I guess I'm done.  

IMGP2599-2.jpg

The above is my main system. Like I said in the text, it is a done deal, no more tweaks or upgrades. I have now completed my secondary and desktop systems as well, I have no plans to change anything.

The Jordan single drivers for the desktop system are complemented by an 8" sub that fits snugly between the credenza and desk. The laptop is only used for internet music, via USB to the Modius. An RPi and Schiit Eitr are discretely located below the credenza, in a morass of cables, playing FLAC files from a NAS.

A small system is tucked into a curio cabinet in our large kitchen/lounge, smS-200 Neo, iFi iOne, Magni 3. A third updated vintage Meitner amp is hidden below the cabinet, driving ported single driver speakers. The linear power supply for the sMS is also hidden under the cabinet. 

Full details in my Profile.

Desktop.jpg

Small system.jpg

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

Office space - not pretty but it will do.

20210711_160822.thumb.jpg.f8c8c7af713f198212fd9fc5015567f2.jpg

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

7 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

E642690F-FFC0-4077-A1F5-5A2810DFDA30.jpeg

Now there is a fascinating mix of the classics of the past, and the technology of current day. Well done.

I was fortunate enough to recently pick up the incredibly rare (only 100 made) 90th anniversary Luxman MQ-88uSE in mint condition.

JC

36 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

E642690F-FFC0-4077-A1F5-5A2810DFDA30.jpeg

Are there speakers that go with these beauties, or are you content with just looking at them? :)

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.