IGNORED

Forum Rules Suggestion

6 hours ago, Paul R said:

Funniest damn thing - the internet must be getting really smart because I didn't google CICOIL (I already know who they were.) 

But I just hit the MacWorld home page and... 

590725352_ScreenShot2019-04-07at1_22_42AM.thumb.png.54a45c2d4c5e29b40a0fe7486148b29d.png

Just goes to show how invasive that user tracking can be with ad tools.  Don't worry; I'm confident that while they use a unique ID, each user remains anonymous.  Oh, wait, that might be a position you are supposed to champion.  Didn't mean to step on your toes. 😜  

7 hours ago, Paul R said:

Funniest damn thing - the internet must be getting really smart because I didn't google CICOIL (I already know who they were.) 

But I just hit the MacWorld home page and... 

590725352_ScreenShot2019-04-07at1_22_42AM.thumb.png.54a45c2d4c5e29b40a0fe7486148b29d.png

I'm guessing that you clicked on the link in STC's post which allowed CICOIL to pixel you for remarketing through the Google Display Network.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

3 hours ago, lmitche said:

This started as a well-intentioned thread that has now been twisted into a discussion leading to the rationalization and justification of the disgusting and uncivilized behavior of the "objectivist" tribe. There is no value here.

Ouch!

mQa is dead!

2 hours ago, Paul R said:

Moreover, the thread developed a nasty tempered group of cronies / bully boys whose sole intent is simply to bully people into toeing their line. Not convince people, just plain bullying like a bunch of young teenagers. One must be part of the “in crowd”  to avoid their stupidly applied persuasions. It is both funny to watch, and yet disgusting too. Like a political campaign rally these days. I suppose it is inevitable that people think if Trump can do it and get away with it, then they can too. Rude surprise coming when it backfires on them. 

What he said.

4 hours ago, lmitche said:

This started as a well-intentioned thread that has now been twisted into a discussion leading to the rationalization and justification of the disgusting and uncivilized behavior of the "objectivist" tribe. There is no value here.

“In the United States Audiophile Style.com today, we have more than our share of the nattering nabobs of negativism. They have formed their own 4-H Club — the ‘hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history.'"