IGNORED

Forum Rules Suggestion

5 hours ago, lasker98 said:

“In the United States Audiophile Style.com today, we have more than our share of the nattering nabobs of negativism. They have formed their own 4-H Club — the ‘hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history.'"

I see you are almost quoting Spiro Agnew , the New Yorker July 2006

" Nixon could not fail to be impressed. And so he dispatched Agnew to map out a cultural description of another enemy, the op-ed unfriendlies and the network mandarins of what was beginning to be called the media. The views of “this little group of men” who “live and work in the geographical and intellectual confines of Washington, D.C., or New York City, Agnew noted darkly, “do not represent the views of America.” He inscribed himself in history, and in famous-quotation anthologies, forever, when he said, “In the United States today, we have more than our share of nattering nabobs of negativism. They have formed their own 4-H club—the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history.”

The Truth Is Out There

Just now, Shadders said:

Hi,

Everyone has the option not to read posts of others. Even if you do, and object to the post, there is no need to respond, or let it make you angry etc.

I like to hear everyone's opinion and approach - i see no need to suppress anyone's view. I can agree/disagree, or respond or not respond. At least with an open forum and free speech, we have the options.

Luckily, in the west, we have governments that allow access to the internet without blocking searches, or even turning it off.

Regards,

Shadders.

You are absolutely right, which is why I never suggested anyone read or not read any specific posts, nor that anyone object to any, or even chose a side, in that post. I simply stated my, and I suspect many others, agreement with Chris...

No electron left behind.

40 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Luckily, in the west, we have governments that allow access to the internet without blocking searches, or even turning it off.

I still wonder how many search links to current Prime Ministers and Presidents have been quietly removed .

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

42 minutes ago, rickca said:

Can anyone recommend a forum where people talk about audio rather than criticize other people?  This is neither interesting nor fun anymore.

Well I've been enjoying Todd Snider most of the day. Final song will be "The Rose City Blues" and a good day will be almost over.

8 hours ago, kumakuma said:

Sigh - if you think I am rude then just say so. I am not projecting anything here, and you don't have to walk on eggs around me. You have been here more than long enough to know I will listen to you, at least when I think you are making sense. 

I am not being rude, but have been dealing with unbelievable rudeness handed to me hand over fist by a bunch of rather nasty people acting like they are in middle school. 

That is NOT an insult, or a rudeness - it is an observation. If you don't realize they way these kiddos operate, it is to pick on someone, right up to the edge of getting kicked off the system. Usually they "win" because the person being picked on will simply tell them to 'eff off a die, or something similar. That clearly puts the victim over the line. 

Or they go around marking "Disagree!" with every post, in the inane belief that is accumulating "evidence" to get the person kicked off the system. Or a half dozen other fairly evil but really unimaginative tactics, all designed to play the system and get people banned .Just like middle school politics. Eight graders. (*sigh*) 

This rude group of monkeys are doing their best to drive away anyone who is respected in the industry but doesn't happen to agree with their agenda. Or even, presents a threat to their imaginary "authority" on a subject.  That's pretty obvious isn't it? How people like JA and others tolerate their insane rudeness is one of the great mysteries of the universe. 

I won't tolerate it, and thus they try  the ridicule tactic, and the snarky comment tactics, and the "he's not one of us" tactic, and all the other brainless and unimaginative behaviors they seem to believe will get them their way. 

And I will again re-iterate, they are acting up this way because they are anonymous IDs on the internet. The worst offenders will not put their names to their commentary. You know why they won't as well as I do - if they had the unmitigated gall to walk up to someone and say some of the things they do face to face, there would be a physical altercation. And they cowardly avoid that. Or claim they have special connections in the industry but of course, none of that is provable. Or this and that. 

Bah, humbug. 

And lest you think that I am pulling a holier than thou, all of us have done things like that at one time or another. Me included.  Cut downs, counting coup, winning points, whining points, etc. Thankfully, most people seem to grow out of it.  

It isn't something to back someone up to the wall about, unless the behavior is consistent, persistent, and so on. Like for example, theirs. Not mine. I backed some of the rudest ones up and demanded an apology. The result, the content of the thread was removed. Probably the best thing that could have happened, because I really don't like to back down to bullies. It doesn't do anything but encourage the monkeys to more bad behavior. 

So yeah, lay down clear and unbendable rules on what is and what is not acceptable. Personally, I would setup a topic called "blazes" and send any combative thread there. Worked on Bix when we had this kind of problem. People threatening to choke each other in the Mac forums for heavens sake. At the rates Telenet charged for access... 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

6 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I have an idea...

AS meetup at my house.  Galen can being his Iconoclast cables, I'll provide zipcord from Home Depot, Monoprice Cables, and Blue Jeans Cables.

Whatever the outcome, no more arguing about it on the forum, that will be the final cable word.

Whoo hoo - I'm in. l): 

Robert A. Heinlein

26 minutes ago, wdw said:

this thread is a total shitshow of disfunction....but let's just keep it going for another twenty pages.  Bicker, bicker, bicker.

Naw, I'm out, except for joshing posts.  I have a website to build and tons of albums to do vinyl rips on. 

-Paul

Robert A. Heinlein