IGNORED

Forum Rules Suggestion

6 minutes ago, mansr said:

I didn't say that. Please make sure your quotes have correct attribution.

Correction.

You quoted esldude who said that : " The Iconoclast cables aren't costing that much to produce vs other cable. "

I doubt that you disagree with Dennis though, as you quoted him but did NOT disagree with him !

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

17 minutes ago, esldude said:

I know for a fact some cables in some situations are capable of making a difference.  I can measure it and prove it.  But those aren't what is commonly being referenced in audiostyle cable musings. 

Esldude, you gotta a life about this stuff. Best WDW

1 hour ago, Paul R said:

after spending time with it and dissecting a couple expensive USB cables

I slowly start to learn what those biology lessons ever back were actually for.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

9 hours ago, Allan F said:

In fact, there are many members who have shown an interest in discussing their experiences with various cables, e.g. USB Cable Comparisons Sadly, these threads have invariably been the target of objectivist nay-sayers despite both the OP's and Chris' polite requests for them to cease and desist.

Agreed. I think creating an area to discuss cables here, with the suggested constraints, is a great idea. 

JC

5 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Nice, in one short sentence you were able to lob 3 insults.

You seem to be quite sensitive to spotting insults but do see some where they’re not. Also you seem to have missed the insults your troll friend was making. Or is this yet another show of selective and hypocritical indignation?

—no need to answer, retorical question. I’m out of here, of to the parts of this forum still worth visiting.

11 minutes ago, Dutch said:

You seem to be quite sensitive to spotting insults but do see some where they’re not. Also you seem to have missed the insults your troll friend was making. Or is this yet another show of selective and hypocritical indignation?

—no need to answer, retorical question. I’m out of here, of to the parts of this forum still worth visiting.

because there weren't any...

Why bother with this "struggling forum" at all?

No electron left behind.

17 minutes ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

What, may i ask, do you expect to gain by referring to people as brainless?  I hope you were not referring to myself, because all i was having was having an adult discussion about a post someone made.  I've worked professionally as an engineer since the 90's so I assure you I am not brainless.

In the thread you mentioned, Miska mentioned personal experiences designing a product, as did I.  Neither person was wrong, each were our own PERSONAL experiences, and not in any way fabricated by anyone.  Have you ever even been on an engineering design team professionally?  Don't pass judgement on those of us who have gone through the process countless times.

It's when people start yelling BS...or start calling each other trolls, or braindead....that these discussions get out of hand.  How about "I believe you are incorrect and here's why..."   Stop attacking people and attack statements instead and all this nonsense disappears.

You have to have devil's advocates to keep the con jobs in check.  Just because we point out flaws in arguments made or products sold does not mean we are attacking or insulting any person in any way.

Errrm, I did quote "the wanker in the video", please read, this still stands. If I had a differing opinion in the "Nagra Lithium Battery Power Pack" thread and especially your posts,  I would have commented accordingly. I haven't, so? Don't worry. The presenter in that video, does NOT appreciate the amount of development in the three PCBs to maintain charge and protection systems for that battery. After all, that battery pack provides power to a product that Nagra supports, and the recorder is not cheap either. If Nagra let loose and provided a just 12V power input jack (like RME), where's the reliability then? Any overvolts and the recorder is toast.

For the last 30 years, I work with decisions that engineering teams make on projects totalling some $billions, so yes I have worked on an engineering team here and there. Civility went out the window at CA, AS a few years ago, just like a lossless audio file being converted to MP3, it's an irreversible process of no return to the good stuff.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

4 hours ago, esldude said:

I know for a fact some cables in some situations are capable of making a difference.  I can measure it and prove it.  But those aren't what is commonly being referenced in audiostyle cable musings. 

Those who know that would not even post about cables. This is about innocent audiophiles who truly perceived some difference for various reasons. I was one of them. :)