IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

2 minutes ago, Jud said:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Although since the man continues to claim at one and the same time that the process is "audibly lossless" (i.e., identical) and also "better" (i.e., different), we are not dealing with any sort of logic, but simply rote repetitive (oh so repetitive) sloganeering.

Well, thankfully, that has all come to an end. 😍

36 minutes ago, rickca said:

He could have just called it a witch hunt by 13 angry audiophiles.

Now he knows how Donald Drumpf must feel ! 9_9

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have to agree. There’s no market for high resolution or MQA and now some say you need a highly revolving system to hear it. Wow, that puts about 0.000001% of the music consuming public in line to really get into MQA. Oh, subtract the thousands here who know what it really is so tack another zero after the decimal point. 

I've got one of the most highly resolving systems around and I can hear the differences - nothing good enough or consistent enough to make me want MQA. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

5 hours ago, wdw said:

please tell me that Slapowitz is Brinkmann 2.0

Not a chance. Totally different style and vocabulary.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

17 hours ago, ipeverywhere said:

But... as I browse other audio forums that are not this one...   I am seeing a pretty significant following for MQA. To the extreme that when someone says they "dislike" MQA or say it doesn't sound as good as some other format the respondents are all over the original poster on how to "fix" their system because "it's just not possible you didn't find MQA to be the best". 

What fora if I might ask? Perhaps THEY need some new members!

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

9 hours ago, Lee Scoggins said:

I think the MQA team has made a decision to trim off non-musical data and preserve the hjrez content in order to reach a smaller file size goal. 

I know Lee has now been banned, but it still gets me how someone can't see the contradictions in their own comments, i.e: The high-res part could be chopped off (rather than the bits within the audible range) and people probably wouldn't hear it either. Heck, given a lot of the "hires content" is supposedly ADC noise (according to Dan Lavry and others) it would make more sense. 

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

As others have stated, this is the thread that keeps on giving. I can see the MQA supporters huddling now. 

“OK your turn.”

”Hell no, you first.”

”Alright send the new guy in to defend MQA.”

Well, the thread has given quite a bit of web traffic to you. But you just screwed up. The thread was basically shut down until Lee showed up again. Now what we’re going to have is a couple of days of the White Knights on this forum patting themselves on the back for once again saving us from the terrible, awful blight on the earth that is MQA and then this thread is going back to sleep. 

1 hour ago, John Dyson said:

So PLEASE don't misunderstand about my kind observation -- when needed, I try to see both sides of issues, then I make my kind evaluation.

Thanks for the explanation John.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020