IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

2 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

So you disagree?  Noise floor isn't a factor here?

I vote for a new thread on car audio.  I do disagree overall, but agree that while noise floor is a factor, it does not overcome the synesthesia of driving while hearing some great music.

on another tangent here, I enjoy seeing more yiddish on this site as I now live in an ethnic deficit area of the US, not to mention Slapowitz's wit..

7 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

My grandmother used to say, "you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar".  But Grandma never saw how insidious both the technology and the marketing of MQA are.  And those who suggest that Grandma's method should be used with MQA never, ever acknowledge the hostility (in the form of disingenuous and misleading claims) of MQA.

The hostility expressed as passive-aggressive behavior? That's exactly what I am grousing about.

I really despise passive-aggressive attacks, probably because I am just not built to deal well with them. I learned how of course, but I don't like it and probably never will accept it as a reasonable form of controlling a conversation, topic, marketing, etc.  :)

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

34 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

The aim is the liquidation of MQA Ltd.

Then you should go promote that aim on your own system somewhere, and not involve this system. Who knows what you open up any innocent participant here to with such a goal? 

And it might break the CA rules by bringing commercial interest into the system, and or unwittingly  enlisting people to aid in a commercial goal when the topic is not clearly identified as commercial. 

Robert A. Heinlein

1 minute ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I disagree.  Scoggins no longer shills (whatever his motivation) here for MQA.  That's a win.

I see your point, but with respect, disagree. 

Also, better the enemy you know than the one who remains unseen. :)

Robert A. Heinlein

Just now, Jud said:

My friend, without any hostility at all, I have to say I flatly disagree, to the point that I think the idea is outlandish.

(grin) Well, I don't mind honest disagreement at all. Perhaps I will reconsider and change my mind after I think on it a bit. ;)

But as of now, I seriously find it incredulous to believe there is not some coordinated/planned/designed purpose behind the flurry of such activity.

Robert A. Heinlein

3 minutes ago, Paul R said:

Then you should go promote that aim on your own system somewhere, and not involve this system. Who knows what you open up any innocent participant here to with such a goal? 

And it might break the CA rules by bringing commercial interest into the system, and or unwittingly  enlisting people to aid in a commercial goal when the topic is not clearly identified as commercial. 

I disagree and if I was breaking the rules here wouldn't Chris have mentioned it last year at RMAF when we were sitting next to each other? Or the year before at RMAF?

13 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

And all it's doing is giving MQA free publicity, own goal...

Waiting for suggested solutions. Got any?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Just now, Paul R said:

(grin) Well, I don't mind honest disagreement at all. Perhaps I will reconsider and change my mind after I think on it a bit. ;)

But as of now, I seriously find it incredulous to believe there is not some coordinated/planned/designed purpose behind the flurry of such activity.

I submit that what you're characterizing as a concerted effort is more like strong disdain for Scoggins' shenanigans.  And that disdain is felt by several forum members here, including myself.

1 minute ago, Rt66indierock said:

I disagree and if I was breaking the rules here wouldn't Chris have mentioned it last year at RMAF when we were sitting next to each other? Or the year before at RMAF?

I don't know, but this a whole different thing than sitting in a session together at RMAF.

If you want to equate this topic  to a free "pub" atmosphere, then driving a commercial interest in it is simply wrong. If you are paying for the privilege of driving a commercial interest, then you should make that crystal clear so that people know you may use information or commentary provided in your commercial interest. 

Robert A. Heinlein

9 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I submit that what you're characterizing as a concerted effort is more like strong disdain for Scoggins' shenanigans.  And that disdain is felt by several forum members here, including myself.

If it was just Scoggins, I would agree with you. But a whole list of people have been treated this way, and *that* just screams out there is some kind of - something. I don't know what wording to use other than "planned effort."  Even if, I will grant you, that "planning" may have been informal. (Informal would equal gang thinking to me.) 

Robert A. Heinlein