IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Organized, no way.

Folks gleefully "piling on," yep.

But it seems to me provocation works both ways.  I think most of us noted how Lee kept making the very same claims repeatedly, after he'd been provided understandable technical explanations as to why those claims couldn't be correct, and even where those claims obviously contradicted each other.  I don't wonder that many people felt called upon to make sure those repetitions didn't go uncorrected, and even to question the motivations behind such continual repetition of what was essentially MQA marketing material.

Yes.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

58 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

If you are going to lie, be disingenuous, "intellectually dishonest" as one poster put it a few pages back, obfuscate, and take

an anti-consumer position, you had better bring a Kotex for your tuchus. We all learned this the first year the internet was widely available. Unless you are a tone deaf shlemiel.😄

Does everyone know Yiddish these days?  Just wondering. If so, that's new to me.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

20 minutes ago, firedog said:

So much better that it's impossible to listen to it and not be a convert.

Well I get that, but over egging it doesn't seem necessary and the hobbyists (well certainly some of them) do take on the appearance of vigilantes. It just makes for polarisation.

And out of curiosity, what is the aim of this counterargument? To convince others? The hostile attitude won't do that. To change the business model of MQA?

1 minute ago, Tintinabulum said:

And out of curiosity, what is the aim of this counterargument? To convince others? The hostile attitude won't do that. To change the business model of MQA?

What you're calling "hostile attitude" has indeed changed some minds about MQA.  Just look at the open hostility by the MQA executives at Chris' RMAF presentation last year.  Fighting fire with fire?

2 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

The aim is the liquidation of MQA Ltd.

Shame, quietly fading away might be more achievable . (for another conversation but I don't get how it's going to catch on, why would people buy it, there's no prospect of a monopoly, isn't it doomed anyway? but for another conversation)

1 minute ago, Tintinabulum said:

Shame, quietly fading away might be more achievable . (for another conversation but I don't get how it's going to catch on, why would people buy it, there's no prospect of a monopoly, isn't it doomed anyway? but for another conversation)

You aren't reading their financial statements.

11 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

Maybe a less hostile attitude could have changed more and avoided polarisation

My grandmother used to say, "you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar".  But Grandma never saw how insidious both the technology and the marketing of MQA are.  And those who suggest that Grandma's method should be used with MQA never, ever acknowledge the hostility (in the form of disingenuous and misleading claims) of MQA.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

In fact it is organized *in advance*, and I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean.

I'm not trying to be difficult, really I'm not.  🙂 "Orchestrated" means someone is doing the orchestrating, that is, controlling the reactions of others, and I don't think that's accurate either (and perhaps again, maybe not what you really meant).

Would you settle for simply agreeing the environment in this thread allowed people to "gang up" on Lee with hostile, personally critical posts?

Well, I will certainly agree with that statement. I do think there is some level of design behind those actions, the same as there was from MQA at Chris RMAF session. Stuff like this can happen once, maybe even twice as a coincidence, but four or five times?  With absolutely predictable reactions?  

I don't go for conspiracy theories, but clearly, the actions of getting X number of people banned are not coincidental, and that implies at least some sort of planning. 

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein