IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

9 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

As others have stated, this is the thread that keeps on giving. I can see the MQA supporters huddling now. 

“OK your turn.”

”Hell no, you first.”

”Alright send the new guy in to defend MQA.”

I see it exactly the other way (on fora in general), "they" take it in turns to bash MQA, send someone over to Roon, keep that thread alive (MQA hate). As much is said here "maybe the other fora need NEW members". To me, it's a conspiracy against MQA. Nothing new comes out but it's just re-hashed for the purpose of the Campaign. 

2 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

Why does what Lee say have to do with MQA being a scam? A bit of a leap there..

Hi,

No, since MQA has been shown to be a scam, Lee is aware of the proof that it is a scam. So by not answering simple questions, yet responding on this thread with more technical statements, then he is selectively ignoring those questions whose answers show he understands the proof that MQA is a scam.

Regards,

Shadders.

Sorry, what Lee says has nothing to do with MQA being a scam or not. There's no logic there. For me MQA isn't a "scam". I have a different understanding of the word. 

So if Lee said something different, MQA wouldn't be a scam? This sort of thing is the reason the debate has become what it has.

6 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

Sorry, what Lee says has nothing to do with MQA being a scam or not. There's no logic there. For me MQA isn't a "scam". I have a different understanding of the word. 

So if Lee said something different, MQA wouldn't be a scam? This sort of thing is the reason the debate has become what it has.

Hi,

I never stated Lee has anything to do with MQA.

Regards,

Shadders.

2 hours ago, John Dyson said:

Maybe a thread like 'audio imperfections and how we describe them'  what does it mean

Heck, I've been trying to get people to tell me what jitter (various types) sounds like for years. Not as a challenge,  but as a way to start training myself.

You described a process of training yourself to hear particular types of distortion; I think it would be quite valuable for consumers to be able to do that with a variety of different kinds of distortion.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Just now, Tintinabulum said:

Well that's where we started! I quoted you. Re-read this if you need to. 

Hi,

Understanding what MQA is, as per the proof in this thread, is not the same as Lee has something to do with MQA. He can be aware of what MQA is, and not answers questions which disprove his statements, yet still not be affiliated to MQA.

Regards,

Shadders.

13 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

There are many professionals who like MQA? Are you talking about the same ones that like anything that will get them a free piece of gear or some other fringe benefit?

If TAS wasn't such a monument to ethical and principled reviewing, I'd almost think you were referring to RH. 🧐

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables