IGNORED

MQA The Truth lies Somewhere in the Middle

7 hours ago, firedog said:

And you are a business consultant in your day job? 

Gross income. And how much of that depends on MQA? Possibly very little. Lots people signed up for tidal hi-fi tier before it included MQA. It isn't clear how many customers are there solely because of MQA.
I imagine most of those users are there for the CD quality stream, and not the MQA. That's the real uptick in SQ for most people (as opposed to the mp3 available from the big boys).

The number of MQA DACs in the wild is vanishingly small in the big picture. Only inside the bubble of audiophile forums and press is it even an idea/issue. 

MQA revenue won't be $48 million of course, they get a percentage of that.  The key for MQA is to get a revenue stream from most of the participants in the ecosystem.

7 hours ago, firedog said:

Notice how Lee totally changes his pro MQA arguments over time? He used to talk a lot about the SQ superiority and the technical superiority. Now that those arguments have been shown to be bunk, he mostly talks about how MQA is "good for the industry" (my paraphrase). 

He's moving very close the the Jim Austin argument, which boils down to "whatever is good for the big record labels is good for consumers" - even if it clearly isn't good for consumers. 

I'm not saying that to claim either are paid shills. It's just an industry-centric outlook on life. 

That's not an accurate read of my views.

1.  There are sound quality improvements from MQA as demonstrated last weekend on my Wilson speakers.

2.  I work on two different AI ecosystems at work and I am applying my learning from that to what MQA is doing with a music provider ecosystem.  I believe there will be some good for the industry.

Point #2 above won't work as well without the benefits of Point #1.  They work hand in hand.

1 hour ago, Lee Scoggins said:

2.  I work on two different AI ecosystems at work and I am applying my learning from that to what MQA is doing with a music provider ecosystem.  I believe there will be some good for the industry.

Can you please elaborate how AI ecosystems yield relevance to MQA?

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Because every time we prove you incorrect you move on to a different way to say the same thing and never address anything we say. 

Don’t you find it amazing that not a single third party expert has come out in support of MQA?

You can’t count the press as third party experts. 

Don’t companies like Berkeley and Aurender count? Or are you saying they don’t because they’ve bought into MQA? What’s a third party in this context?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

5 hours ago, Lee Scoggins said:

I notice that you keep making snide remarks but you don't actually present any arguments to my quotes.

Hi Lee! 

Well, Chris presented a pretty nifty power point, but I think I can answer all of your questions quite simply.

At first, MQA promised to be like this:

Remember those days? Ah, the first blush of a Next Big Thing! Pretty cool.

Then, as things proceeded, the message seemed to get more and more cryptic in some ways,  almost as if it came from another paradigm or an alien source:

1149902096_AOPTS1862U_Milky_UFO_Donuts_Mockup(2).thumb.jpg.9731705f863600367ad2cb0e0f52fb0b.jpg

But then began the Close Encounters:

We were getting milked!

And so, as a result, "Bovine Vendetta"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zums9sk1g5o&list=PL2D1AD01DD686A3F5

Hope that helps.  ?

5 hours ago, Lee Scoggins said:

I notice that you keep making snide remarks but you don't actually present any arguments to my quotes.

You've just described yourself perfectly Lee, maybe your powers of observation and self reflection are greater than we believed.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group