IGNORED

MQA The Truth lies Somewhere in the Middle

43 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

That's what the owner tells me.

Too little too late from the quite delayed Chesky streaming service. Is Norman really a better visionary than Jay-Z's team?

Are their pockets deep enough to burn through £15,000 per day or similar? Or is 7Digital footing that bill?

I'll be sure not to buy anymore downloads from them should this actually come to fruition, nor subscribe to this streaming service, and I encourage others to follow suit.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

15 hours ago, TeflonScoundrel said:

I've been following this thread for a while and decided to post my thoughts, for whatever they're worth.

I then played the files for my audiophile brother without him knowing which song was which format and his results matched mine.  Based on that, all this talk of correcting issues with the original files, don't make any sense to me.  I don't think there are any problems to "correct" in normal CD quality or better files.

I've never been able to work that one out either.  If there are issues with ADCs that 'need to be corrected' for superior playback sound, then isn't there a far bigger issue if the recording was originally analog?  What is the point in correcting a likely inaudible issue with say an early ADC when even modern tape recorders (let alone vintage machines which recorded much older stuff) have wow/flutter, azimuth alignment imperfections and so on which are by order of magnitude far more significant (though still probably inaudible)? There are even some masters that were recorded from archived vinyl...

5 hours ago, h.rav said:

@Lee Scoggins Is MQA Ltd. one of Accenture's customers? Are you consulting for them?
Your posts are mostly related to MQA. 

On a personal note, clearly, MQA is all about DRM. There is nothing more to argue about this.

Maybe Lee met Jbara at Accenture? 

Mike Jbara joined MQA from Warner Music Group where he held roles as head of studios, President of ADA Worldwide, President of WEA Corp., and most recently Corp EVP, Technology. Before joining Warner, Mike was part of the New York-based Media and Entertainment Practice at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture).

http://www.mqa.co.uk/professional/meet-the-team

4 hours ago, Indydan said:

Maybe Lee met Jbara at Accenture? 

Mike Jbara joined MQA from Warner Music Group where he held roles as head of studios, President of ADA Worldwide, President of WEA Corp., and most recently Corp EVP, Technology. Before joining Warner, Mike was part of the New York-based Media and Entertainment Practice at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture).

http://www.mqa.co.uk/professional/meet-the-team

Just Met Mike for the first time at RMAF.  Anderson Consulting went away many years ago.

5 hours ago, Lee Scoggins said:

Just Met Mike for the first time at RMAF.  Anderson Consulting went away many years ago.

Perhaps that's why it says "Andersen Consulting (now Accenture)"

Really Lee, even by your standards that's a bit weak.

Although, given the reasons Andersen Consulting "went away"........

6 hours ago, the_bat said:

Perhaps that's why it says "Andersen Consulting (now Accenture)"

Really Lee, even by your standards that's a bit weak.

Although, given the reasons Andersen Consulting "went away"........

You miss my point.  Andersen Consulting was a very different firm 20+ years ago when the parent was an accounting firm.  Consulting did a lot of "strat services" back then.  Now we are making most of our revenue in digital and analytics and the firm was spun off when Andersen died from Enron.  Mike has mostly been working in the music business most of the time since.  I met Mike for the first time at RMAF and it was then that he mentioned he was part of the "old Andersen."  

1 hour ago, Lee Scoggins said:

You miss my point.  Andersen Consulting was a very different firm 20+ years ago when the parent was an accounting firm.  Consulting did a lot of "strat services" back then.  Now we are making most of our revenue in digital and analytics and the firm was spun off when Andersen died from Enron.  Mike has mostly been working in the music business most of the time since.  I met Mike for the first time at RMAF and it was then that he mentioned he was part of the "old Andersen."  

And why have you been "defending" MQA so vehemently?

And I do actually mean "defend" not "enlighten" because obviously you are, I'm sorry to say, not qualified / knowledgeable enough to do so.

What's in it for you?

Have you "defendeded" any audio equipment, manufacturer or technology before? Why?

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

40 minutes ago, semente said:

And why have you been "defending" MQA so vehemently?

And I do actually mean "defend" not "enlighten" because obviously you are, I'm sorry to say, not qualified / knowledgeable enough to do so.

What's in it for you?

Have you "defendeded" any audio equipment, manufacturer or technology before? Why?

There is nothing in it for me except for some articles to write on the subject.

I've been pro-MQA simply based on what I am hearing in demos.  I believe most here are not giving MQA a fair chance in terms of what it is capable of in the areas of sound improvement, offering more hirez access, and potentially providing a way to give artists more money from streaming their content.

9 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

There is nothing in it for me except for some articles to write on the subject.

I've been pro-MQA simply based on what I am hearing in demos.  I believe most here are not giving MQA a fair chance in terms of what it is capable of in the areas of sound improvement, offering more hirez access, and potentially providing a way to give artists more money from streaming their content.

Hi,

I do not understand this.

Please correct me if i am wrong, but do artists make any significant money from streaming ? if they don't from normal streaming such as MP3, or other, then how is high resolution going to help them ?

From comments i have seen, streaming business is of little benefit to many artists.

Regards,

Shadders.