IGNORED

MQA The Truth lies Somewhere in the Middle

7 minutes ago, Sonic77 said:

Eventually the MQA guys will realize that the consumer doesn't want or need a new audio format, hopefully that will be after millions of dollars are poured down the rat hole.

Absolutely!

PCM 24/96 is already a perfectly good format for the foreseeable future. SACD wasn’t necessary and neither is DSD. Give us better mix/masters - ones that aren’t overly compressed to the extent it really ruins audio quality. (I am not against tasteful compression in pop/rock but we are far beyond that in most cases)

11 minutes ago, Sonic77 said:

Eventually the MQA guys will realize that the consumer doesn't want or need a new audio format, hopefully that will be after millions of dollars are poured down the rat hole.

The latter has already occurred, not too sure about the former but I'm hopeful the MQA/DRM partners will come to that realization in the near term.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

4 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

I'm inclined to agree with the 24/96 comment based on the marginal SQ increase of SACDs over Redbook.

BTW, Stereopile has an article out now on how well MQA does over a 3G network (!!)  - maybe they have not heard of 5G?

They must be slumming, like when that guy wrote about using the Sony PS1 as an audiophile CD player.  Surely no one who can afford the equipment they tout would be using 3G still.  I think even TracFone uses 4G.  lol

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

I will not pay a premium for Master Quality Adulterated files.  So how is everyone in the ecosystem going to make money?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

7 hours ago, jabbr said:

Can you imagine two Webs launched in 1993 — one is the web as we know it based on the open HTML/HTTP protocols, TCP/IP etc and the other a closed proprietary protocol which required use of a special Sony screen but guaranteed that the type would be sharper? The second would be more dystopian than Handmaid’s Tale. 

Does anyone remember the (original) Microsoft Network (MSN)?