IGNORED

MQA The Truth lies Somewhere in the Middle

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Bruno Mars and Beyoncé didn’t hear the added noise in the studio because it was added by the MQA process. 

my slides also point out why this isn’t correct. Jbara made a comment that the mastering engineers don’t own the content. That has zero to do with the sound of the studio and everything to do with changing the sound for financial gain. 

I am not completely following the point about Bruno Mars and Beyonce.  Are you saying the MQA process added noise?

Jbara's point is a business one.  To get MQA to a wider audience, the focus has been on building the ecosystem.  My day job has me partly responsible for building ecosystems for our firm and our clients which is why I am interested in how Jbara's strategy in gaining partner firms is working.  It's really hard to establish a new standard that has wide appeal.  A lot of companies have to align their incentives.  That is why MQA has been honest about wanting to make a return.  Everyone in that solar system has to make money for it to work.

1 minute ago, Lee Scoggins said:

I am not completely following the point about Bruno Mars and Beyonce.  Are you saying the MQA process added noise?

Jbara's point is a business one.  To get MQA to a wider audience, the focus has been on building the ecosystem.  My day has me partly responsible for building ecosystems for our firm and our clients which is why I am interested in how Jbara's strategy in gaining partner firms is working.  It's really hard to establish a new standard that has wide appeal.  A lot of companies have to align their incentives.  That is why MQA has been honest about wanting to make a return.  Everyone in that solar system has to make money for it to work.

Rubbish...total blather....

one poster was correct..you are a laughing stock...you would not know a good business model if it hit you on the head. 

Troll.

1 minute ago, Lee Scoggins said:

In my own studio experience, there is usually only 1 ADC per track and more commonly the same ADC per album.

Its been a while since I've been in a studio, though I did for a while work for a console company. I recall that external effects boxes are sometimes used, nowadays seems likely they're going to contain ADCs and DACs. Presumably those converters won't be on MQA's list of studio ADCs?

13 minutes ago, opus101 said:

Its been a while since I've been in a studio, though I did for a while work for a console company. I recall that external effects boxes are sometimes used, nowadays seems likely they're going to contain ADCs and DACs. Presumably those converters won't be on MQA's list of studio ADCs?

No presumably from what we've been told by Lee, as he runs bravely away, is sure almost any ADC is on the list.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

23 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

Says no one except you. Their showing was deplorable, and I see no one coming to their defense but you.

Actually he's changed his tune somewhat. Yesterday he and those two were 'generally civil' (like Leonard Cohen's 'generally faithful') but today the 'generally' has been dropped for the MQA guys alone. Now we know this isn't because he's been uncivil, all agree he's been polite (if evasive).