IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

11 hours ago, crenca said:

I doubt things are as they appear.  The losses, which may or may not be an accounting maneuver, must be serving a function (tax?) to the parent company.

It occurred to me that maybe they did not want it known that there was an infusion of money into the scheme.  If a major investor is putting money into the scheme at this point it is because they expect a major cash stream in the future.  The only way for that to happen at this point is for the MQA players to force MQA down the throats of the music industry.  Do the MQA backers and their allied labels have the clout?  Do they risk the backlash?  Sony received major backlash for the root kit fiasco.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

Wow, that income is amazingly poor. Heck, I knew headphone amp makers that were making over $1m/year. Heck, years back, one guy who was making portable headphone amps was raking in so much he bought a Lambo. And if you want talk about tiny markets, headphones amps are a poster child.

3 hours ago, lucretius said:

MQA stock is really beginning to look like it was a pump and dump stock. I'm wondering how much of the share ownership was via private placements? Were the record labels who invested duped? Was Reinet duped?

The business plan projected MQA as being the standard used in the music industry.  As such it would have had a lock on the entire music chain, collecting royalties at each step.  They were expecting it to be a cash cow.  All at the expense of the music consumer.

As I said,  the window of opportunity for MQA was ten or fifteen years ago.  As time goes by MQA is seen as being more and more useless and as being simply a tax on the music consumer.  Collectively, the music consuming public needs to drive a stake through the heart of MQA.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Bob’s first step in getting the olympics broadcast with MQA. 

https://www.mqa.co.uk/news/post/mqa-wowow-collaboration

Grasping at straws?  Kind of like a Presidential candidate going to a local grease pig contest looking for votes.

Is there any theoretical value to using MQA to broadcast an athletic event?

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Bob’s first step in getting the olympics broadcast with MQA. 

https://www.mqa.co.uk/news/post/mqa-wowow-collaboration

Does this mean that MQA wants to put a decoder on every cable set top box and Apple TV/Roku/Amazon Fire TV in the world?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If only we knew his real name, then the article would be truthful :~)

If there is anything more truth than 'truth is subjective' in audiophiledom, I don't know what it is.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!