IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

All y’all gotta get on the bandwagon at some point.....

“Hideo Irimajiri, senior expert, engineering division and project lead at WOWOW, added, “We’ve been conducting these trials with a view to integrating MQA into our services in the future, including on-demand and live broadcasting.  It makes no sense that audio quality still lags behind, while video is achieving higher definition with 4k and 8k resolution display.“

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/world-first-demo-of-hi-res-audio-meets-hd-video-in-japan/

47 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

All y’all gotta get on the bandwagon at some point.....

“Hideo Irimajiri, senior expert, engineering division and project lead at WOWOW, added, “We’ve been conducting these trials with a view to integrating MQA into our services in the future, including on-demand and live broadcasting.  It makes no sense that audio quality still lags behind, while video is achieving higher definition with 4k and 8k resolution display.“

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/world-first-demo-of-hi-res-audio-meets-hd-video-in-japan/

We can already do 96/24 ATMOS without MQA. I mwan you can get 4K with ATMOS off of Amazon Prime, for example 'Man in the High Castle'. Why would we want a lossy compression system? Just to please Mr. Stuart? Sorry, no, MQA is dead. You are doing the below.

Image result for flogging a dead horse animated gif

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

5 minutes ago, botrytis said:

We can already do 96/24 ATMOS without MQA. I mwan you can get 4K with ATMOS off of Amazon Prime, for example 'Man in the High Castle'. Why would we want a lossy compression system? Just to please Mr. Stuart? Sorry, no, MQA is dead. You are doing the below.

Image result for flogging a dead horse animated gif

I’m sorry, that was my fault. Ever since I got out of grade school I keep forgetting to use cute little emojis. I’ll try again, here you go...

All y’all gotta get on the bandwagon at some point..... 😂😂😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

I’m sorry, that was my fault. Ever since I got out of grade school I keep forgetting to use cute little emojis. I’ll try again, here you go...

All y’all gotta get on the bandwagon at some point..... 😂😂😂😂😂

Image result for bandwagon meme into a wall

Here ya go...... Unfortunately, MQA is more like this.....

Image result for tain into a wall meme

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Oh come on - don't give shit a bad name.....

We all have to do it once in a while.....

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

3 hours ago, KeenObserver said:

This just in:

MQA Ltd has announced that it has signed up Mrs. Smith's first grade morning PA program to be broadcast in MQA. The East Podunk Grammar School will be the premier school broadcasting in MQA.  Bob Stuart made a presentation to the first graders where he showed a chart that had an arrow pointing up for MQA and an arrow pointing down for regular PA announcements.  Little Johnny said "Cool, can I go to the boy's room".  An MQA spokesperson said: " MQA continues to expand into far reaching markets".

TAS stated that this represents a paradigm shift in how grammar schools broadcast PA announcements.

Better yet -- South Park audio in MQA -- seems appropriate content, and seems to be somehow intellectually consistent - you know, content being laughable along with the transport.  I'd get belly laughs from MQA if the damage to audio in general and sheer stupidity wasn't so sad and possibly worrisome.   The simulated cut-out cartoon and MQA -- kind of self-consistent? :-).  Mr Hinkey comes to mind....

John

I was hoping that when the financials came out this year it would offer a light at the end of the tunnel concerning this MQA scheme.

However, the directors indicate that they are looking for an infusion of more cash.

I suppose this finances their trips to all the trade shows to give their "presentations".

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

6 hours ago, KeenObserver said:

I was hoping that when the financials came out this year it would offer a light at the end of the tunnel concerning this MQA scheme.

However, the directors indicate that they are looking for an infusion of more cash.

I suppose this finances their trips to all the trade shows to give their "presentations".

We are seeing what happens to a startup when it prematurely scales before they get the product/market fit. 

8 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

We are seeing what happens to a startup prematurely scales before they get the product/market fit. 

Well, actual marketing research and an understanding of the market as it is, not as it was.

I worked for a company that built an amazing cell counter/sorter but they didn't actually research anything in the market, they just built it and were surprised that the market wouldn't pay 10X more for their instrument. This is the same thing MQA did.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

37 minutes ago, botrytis said:

I worked for a company that built an amazing cell counter/sorter but they didn't actually research anything in the market, they just built it and were surprised that the market wouldn't pay 10X more for their instrument. This is the same thing MQA did.

A Field of Dreams approach to business is often a recipe for disaster.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

2 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

A Field of Dreams approach to business is often a recipe for disaster.

It is more arrogance than anything else. Sad really.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

1 hour ago, FredericV said:

His comments confirm what we already knew: MQA and their partners work with hired guns.

After just hearing an interview on a local radio station how influencing works using a large existing social network, I am more and more convinced our famous now banned shill who founded the secret group, is a "key opinion maker".

This term was described in former MQA financial statements.

Agree.

The words in the Lucey article that struck a note with me:

"44.1 can be great.  96K can be bad".

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook