IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

So MQA says that agreements between the labels and music services are largely beyond their control.  Unless the services adopt MQA, all these MQA-enabled devices are just potential.

So the question is how aggressively are the labels going after the services about getting on board with MQA?  I suppose the labels could just jam it down their throats if they wanted to do that.  I wonder what the services are telling the labels about the value of MQA?  It sure hasn't done much for TIDAL.

If the labels lose confidence in MQA, the company is toast.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Whatever the accounting manoeuvres, the turnover figure says a lot. Is less than the highest salary.

Turnover may have more than doubled since last year, but is still very low. If they are expecting a hockey stick, it feels like it needs to happen soon for the whole thing to be viable. It also looks like the delay in posting the accounts may have been while they secured the funding they need to stay afloat. Hence the reference to "by November". Growth will need to be very non linear to pay back the sunk costs. Very. 

I wonder when DRM will get switched on? That could be the magic bullet the labels need and the reason to keep backing it. I hope not, I really do. Whenever the question of whose problem does MQA solve comes up, it isn't the listener or any decent hardware company that needs it. CEO from Warner Bros...

3 minutes ago, rickca said:

So MQA says that agreements between the labels and music services are largely beyond their control.  Unless the services adopt MQA, all these MQA-enabled devices are just potential.

So the question is how aggressively are the labels going after the services about getting on board with MQA?  I suppose the labels could just jam it down their throats if they wanted to do that.  I wonder what the services are telling the labels about the value of MQA?  It sure hasn't done much for TIDAL.

MQA is a major win for the labels.  It gives them DRM and allows them to sell a crippled recording.  This opens the door for another re-issue in the future.  The labels are going to push MQA.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

8 minutes ago, rickca said:

I wonder what the services are telling the labels about the value of MQA?  It sure hasn't done much for TIDAL.

Yes, this is where I agree with you and @Rt66indierock.  MQA is a "Hi Res" play, and since the market (the 99%) wants <256Kbs compression, MQA/Hi Res/Flac compressed 16/44 or greater is all a fail.

The labels are powerful, but they are not that powerful...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!