IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

2 hours ago, KeenObserver said:

Influencers, astroturfers, shills.  It is what the world is coming to now.  There are huge firms out there now who's job it is to "influence" and sell a product.  With AI now they can roam the internet posting "reviews" of products.  One computer can generate millions of "reviews".

Just think of it. A million artificial "Lee Scoggins" out there!

We need another bot to neutralize the artificial influencers. And while they're at it, they can also take on the Lee Scoggins on the world.

mQa is dead!

3 hours ago, KeenObserver said:

Influencers, astroturfers, shills.  It is what the world is coming to now.  There are huge firms out there now who's job it is to "influence" and sell a product.  With AI now they can roam the internet posting "reviews" of products.  One computer can generate millions of "reviews".

Just think of it. A million artificial "Lee Scoggins" out there!

Lee probably can create a chat bot so to make you feel better I posted this on Audio Science Review yesterday.

Amirm, I view what I’ve done with MQA to be education. So, I looked at site visit numbers from September using your site as comparison. Audio Science Review has more visits than all the download sites on MQA’s website combined. ASR also had more visits than HDTracks. Add a few DSD sites, ProStudio Masters and Acoustic Sounds and you get a bit over 4 times the visits to ASR in September for 10 high resolution sites. These numbers seem to indicate a lack of interest high-resolution downloads.

The last good numbers I have on Tidal are from 2017. They show the HiFi tier to have about 171k users. Qobuz has about 200k users in all tiers. Deezer I estimate to have a little over a million users in the CD quality tier. I don’t see any significant interest in CD quality and above streaming either.

So, the question is can Amazon add significant subscribers with a CD and higher quality tier? My idea of significant for their HD tier is 6 million subscribers by June 2020. And even if they get 6 million subscribers in the HD tier you would have to wonder how many came for the actual high-resolution tracks.  If Amazon HD gets 6 million subscribers, CD quality and above would have about 2% of the streaming market. Still far short of what the high-resolution market research projects the market to be.

Getting back to MQA I’m pleased artists, studio engineers, mastering engineers have listened and rejected MQA forcing the labels and MQA Ltd to process MQA files after they are created. One MQA ADC is still one too many but there is no end to end recording chain. MQA is just additional processing, something I prefer to do without. And finally, Amirm high-end DAC manufactures didn’t get us to go after MQA they joined me. For a simple reason the audio press can’t get at me I’m independent. I gave everybody a chance to walk away from MQA at the end of RMAF 2017 and most did. There a couple of YouTube videos of what happens when I want to make people look foolish of the final seminar of RMAF 2018. At RMAF this year there was supposed to be an MQA demonstration Saturday. It didn’t happen, I was in the audience. No war no battle just a process of educating people.

17 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

And finally, Amirm high-end DAC manufactures didn’t get us to go after MQA they joined me. For a simple reason the audio press can’t get at me I’m independent. I gave everybody a chance to walk away from MQA at the end of RMAF 2017 and most did.

I assume some people on this site know who you are but I don’t. You apparently have something to do with accounting but reading the above I also get the feeling you’re some omnipotent Overlord of the music industry as well. Any chance you’d reveal who you are in real life?

8 hours ago, daverich4 said:

I assume some people on this site know who you are but I don’t. You apparently have something to do with accounting but reading the above I also get the feeling you’re some omnipotent Overlord of the music industry as well. Any chance you’d reveal who you are in real life?

Trudat...you do have swagger but the question stands and your bravado demands that this be substantiated.  

How can you state "I gave everybody a chance to walk away from MQA at the end of RMAF 2017 and most did" with a straight face unless you are truly our Overlord.

I'm still hoping some of those Synergistic Research Quantum products can entangle my audio system with quantum particles as they existed prior to the invention of MQA.  Then I'll listen as if it never existed in the fullness of time. 

That or I need to make cables that are AQM.  Authenticated Quantum-entangled Masters.  You know you have the sound of the time and place the master was created because your subjective experience will be the same as having been there.  The software interface will allow you to select time, and place (with a handy list of studios used for every single recording ever made).  Now this might seem far fetched to you, but all I've really need to do is see to it the cables have the same electrical signals as those which flowed in another time and place.  It is only in the specially prepared internals of those cables which entangle with particles of the past.  A further benefit is the signal for everyone who uses the cables means everyone's signals are authenticated as the same ensuring everyone at every place and time hears definitively the same sound.  I won't need blue lights as you'll simply feel the rightness of it in your mind when it is working. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Dont know if this is on subject, but saw a TV ad just now that gave me an idea about MQA strategy...   Noticed a Jaguar commercial where they mentioned "Meridian" sound?   I wonder if they (MQA) has a strategy towards automotive sound?   I don't know if this is a rhetorical question or not.  (I am offline for a few days, but wanted to bring this up for discussion before disappearing again.)

One meaningless MQA data point:  My nephew never went to college but is one those who mastered the computer thing in his bedroom. He has worked for a few companies and was recruited by Apple and now works there on digital audio stuff. He just started recently so I don't know what he is working on.

But when he was hired I did ask him what his take on MQA was.  His answer - "Never heard of it"

10 hours ago, John Dyson said:

I wonder if they (MQA) has a strategy towards automotive sound?

https://www.mqa.co.uk/news/post/qnx-ces-2019

https://www.mqa.co.uk/news/post/jvckenwood-announcement

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

6 hours ago, crenca said:

ROFL!  Does he die too in the end? 😋  is it too morbid to ask?  😆

Well, we all die in the end... The question is whether one dies as a hero. 😎

As for the quote about Denney = Iron Man. It came from here:

https://www.synergisticresearch.com/isolation/accessories/ect/

See Raymond's review at the bottom!

Archimago's Musings: A "more objective" take for the Rational Audiophile.

Beyond mere fidelity, into immersion and realism.

:nomqa: R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:42 AM, daverich4 said:

Sorry busy growing new audio journalists.

6AE004A0-3CFA-440A-BC01-18A11D1B8E14.jpeg

4 hours ago, FredericV said:

How would that even be compatible with MQA?

Ask the guys who bought into the story.  I just posted the relevant press releases because you asked whether MQA had an automotive strategy.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's