IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

Maybe their Accountant couldn't do the financials (Bernie Madoff).

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

1 hour ago, Rt66indierock said:

I'm pretty sure BDO can do the financials but are there disputes? BDO has to know people are looking at MQA Ltd's financial statements.

Maybe they are using Trump's accountants :D

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

On 10/7/2019 at 10:26 AM, mansr said:

A modified CD format with 24-bit samples could of course be created, but it would need new players. To fake the authentication, you need the secret signing key, and you'll have to pry that out of Bob's cold, dead hands.

Hi,

Is it possible to copy the MQA code from file to file ?

If the code takes at most 2 bits, looks like noise, but includes the authenticating codes, then a blatant copy will succeed ?

If MQA is adding high frequency from the 2bits, and no one can hear it, then why would anyone hear the difference between a correct MQA file and forged MQA file ?

As long as people see the blue light, they will be convinced it is MQA.

Regards,

Shadders.

14 hours ago, KeenObserver said:

The blue light did not come on at Companies House.  The financials could not be authenticated.

Or maybe a blue light illuminated on the top of the car that was chasing the accountant as he tried to escape?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

6 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

This is very confusing. It is a partnership with Meridian and Onkyo? Or MQA and Onkyo?

Remember, Meridian, and it's shills angrily continued to claim that Meridian and MQA are totally separate entities. 

I don't see it confusing at all. This has zero to do with MQA other than the press release touting it. It has as much to do with MQA as it does MLP.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

23 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I don't see it confusing at all.

It is in the sense that both Meridian, and MQA are at least part owned or even majority owned by Reinet and so are somewhat joined at the hip in that regard.

However the actual announcement looks to just be a distribution deal for the Meridian brand in Japan. That too is a bit odd given Meridian hardware does compete on some level with Onkyo owned brands in Japan, and there is a high-end Onkyo line that is not imported to the U.S. that is directly competitive with Meridian in terms of price point.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

On 10/9/2019 at 8:41 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

There is nothing in that block about MQA other than to say Meridian invented it in 2014.

I'd call the statement ambiguous - it might be that the Japanese market is viable for MQA. Onkyo did adopt MQA both in hardware and content distribution. It's a special market and big enough to generate revenue. Let' see what comes from this.

14 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

Maybe they're following Tidal. Don't file until you have no option.

Not bothered about the automatic late filing penalties, or even risking the company being striken off, then!

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/late-filing-penalties/late-filing-penalties

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox