IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

54 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

And @Jud deserves a BIG shout out for putting that together! 👍

53 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Absolutely!

Thanks folks, but @mansr in particular and @Miska did all the heavy lifting.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

50 minutes ago, Paul R said:

You certainly did.

Indeed I did, however an isolated post here or there doesn't represent an endemic malady afflicting this thread on the whole.

51 minutes ago, Paul R said:

Not if you want a thread that may actually influence people to at least think about the facts and draw sane judgements. 

With respect, that's a bridge too far. The very thing you describe has certainly already been accomplished here, please don't try to diminish that in any way.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Seriously, would @Jud (and in my opinion @mansrand @Miskarecent summaries as well)be willing to have their posts copied into "MQA technically summarized" thread?  I believe @The Computer Audiophilewill have to enable the OP moderation as I can see astroturfers and speculators derailing things quickly.  I can do it, but I am (quite willingly) tainted with partisanship to a high degree.  That said the OP should be someone who knows the difference between a technical question and speculation, trolling, moral/civility objections, business/market arguments, etc. etc.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

2 hours ago, crenca said:

Seriously, would @Jud (and in my opinion @mansrand @Miskarecent summaries as well)be willing to have their posts copied into "MQA technically summarized" thread?  I believe @The Computer Audiophilewill have to enable the OP moderation as I can see astroturfers and speculators derailing things quickly.  I can do it, but I am (quite willingly) tainted with partisanship to a high degree.  That said the OP should be someone who knows the difference between a technical question and speculation, trolling, moral/civility objections, business/market arguments, etc. etc.

I realize this is off-topic but you frequently use the term “astroturfer”. Can you tell me who or what that means? I’d like to get on the same page but this is the only place I’ve ever run across that. 

1 minute ago, daverich4 said:

I realize this is off-topic but you frequently use the term “astroturfer”. Can you tell me who or what that means? I’d like to get on the same page but this is the only place I’ve ever run across that. 

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/astroturfing

"The deceptive practice of presenting an orchestrated marketing or public relations campaign in the guise of unsolicited comments from members of the public."

1 minute ago, daverich4 said:

Astroturfing

Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization (e.g., political, advertising, religious or public relations) to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by grassroots participants. It is a practice intended to give the statements or organizations credibility by withholding information about the source's financial connection. The term astroturfing is derived from AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to resemble natural grass, as a play on the word "grassroots". The implication behind the use of the term is that instead of a "true" or "natural" grassroots effort behind the activity in question, there is a "fake" or "artificial" appearance of support.

24 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

Thanks, makes sense why Crenca uses it so frequently. 

The Roon forums even more than this one clued us in to how much of this was (and still is, though the volume seems lower lately) going on.  When seemingly half of posters suddenly are "very excited" about a product or have uniform "birth of a new world" experiences, then it is all probably too good (for said product) to be true.  Contrast those alleged experiences with the known members here who, though a handful of which genuinely like the sound of MQA most of which report "meh" experiences, and it all become too obvious even before the full technical picture was known...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

24 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

Got a bit a chuckle out of this post I found on Twittering Machines:

"I didn’t die, the MQA police did not knock down the barn door and steal all of my non-MQA music, I didn’t have to pay anyone anything more than I was paying them before, and, this may be irrelevant to some people who spend a lot of time on hifi forums talking about MQA, the music I listened to sounded damn good. How good? Damn good. For those getting all uncomfortable with that fact, I’ll ease your mind by letting you know this was not a test."

https://twitteringmachines.com/news-tidal-mqa-iphone-24-96/

Hi,

I saw that the author of the article is known on this site. Something, something, mother.....

Anyway - is that your real name ??? or a pseudonym ?? or an anagram ???

Regards,

Shadders.