6 hours ago, manisandher said:

That's great. Thanks Paul.

So, it seems I didn't do too bad a job at aligning the files manually:

Deltawave_Mani.thumb.jpg.4cf3cf2516d9113f8594d41d959ea8de.jpg

The Delta Phase plot looks interesting:

385769890_DeltaPhase.JPG.344f9a6114d0e4e2d0dd2e6f5bb63a7f.JPG

Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Mani.

Been through some kind of minimum phase filter?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, mcgillroy said:

Not sure if this was discussed here already but a new patent application by Peter Craven and Bob Stuart was published late February:

DIGITAL ENCAPSULATION OF AUDIO SIGNALS - http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2019/0057709.html

See also here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=13859201&postcount=541

From a brief look, that looks like a description of the "rendering" filters used in MQA.

4 hours ago, Lee Scoggins said:

No.  That would be difficult to get evidence for since it is a change in behavior in the future.  But the label people I have spoken to recognize that paying the artists more is required for the system to be healthy.

Thank God I left my hip boots on!

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

6 hours ago, Lee Scoggins said:

But the label people I have spoken to recognize that paying the artists more is required for the system to be healthy.

Healthy being less profitable than unhealthy it's a reasonable assumption they're content to stick with the latter.

7 hours ago, Miska said:

Been through some kind of minimum phase filter?

OK, if so, nothing that we couldn't do ourselves during playback.

Whatever's causing what's seen on the delta-phase plot, its affect seems to be audible - to my ears, the MQA sounds different to the hires. Actually, everyone who took the blind test reported hearing differences, and the descriptions were pretty consistent.

I think those who consider MQA a simple compression scheme are mistaken. It seems to be doing more...

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Was thinking of something similar myself. A thread people can digest if they just want to see MQA for what it is. 

If by "what it is" you mean a technical explanation along the lines of the two posts above (and Jud's - Jud's actually uses more understandable layman language) I think that would be helpful - the 4 posts could serve as the OP.  A non "debating" thread where only technical explanations by qualified individuals are posted, perhaps actual tech questions allowed by non astroturfers.  

I was actually thinking of something more, a thread where we discuss "what now"  - what, if anything, can consumers do now given the technical stuff is at a mature point.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

5 minutes ago, Paul R said:

Just saying that we don't need all the personal attacks and abrasiveness, calling people ignorant

Not only has that always been the case via the site's rules, but I'm at a loss to identify this supposed preponderance of attacks and the like. Who was called ignorant and when?

I must have missed something.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 hour ago, crenca said:

At this point, anybody who maintains that there is a technical justification for any of MQA's aspects is either ignorant or a confidence man.  

2 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

Not only has that always been the case via the site's rules, but I'm at a loss to identify this supposed preponderance of attacks and the like. Who was called ignorant and when?

I must have missed something.

You certainly did. 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein