IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

5 hours ago, manisandher said:

I'm not seeing this.

Here are the hires and undecoded-MQA file sizes for the track I used in the 'apples-to-apples final' thread:

Hires:

573639211_HiresInfo.jpg.85d1eea6b764929fd2d5d3f76f18c926.jpg

MQA:

1868858684_MQAInfo.jpg.c9da98fb8365a2af9b63e58c9cbee280.jpg

So more like 55% than 25%.

Mani.

To make it apples to apples you need to strip bits and top end frequency from the high res. Otherwise your doing the equivalent of hirez is larger than mp3. Well of course it is, mp3 strips data just like MQA. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, Lee Scoggins said:

This really an accurate description of what happened

Yep pretty accurate of what happen.  The MQA presence at Chris's presentation looked like kids fighting over a ball.  Not very mature from a consumers view.

The Truth Is Out There

10 minutes ago, Paul R said:

This is how a child justifies a temper tantrum Lee, “You made me do it!”

Have they at least publicly apologized yet? 

This is is a terrible argument to make. No matter how they felt then, by now they should have realized how badly they behaved. That is totally without reference to any issue surrounding MQA, only looking at their behavior. 

Also you are assuming a lot from the slides, and a lot of those assumptions are at least questionable. You have no idea at all what Chris might have said, or how he would have opened up the floor to, questions or comments. If they had behaved like civilized people instead of barbarians at the gate, they might have been able to salvage far more respect and interest. 

Please reconsider your thinking on this one aspect. It is like making excuses for a spoiled child who misbehaved in public. 

The only "temper tantrum" Paul was Derek pounding on the desk and Chris getting flustered and leaving.  Mike and Ken were pretty civil and stuck around to answer questions after Chris left and also after the seminar ended with Steve.

You really shouldn't make assumptions about the event if you were not there.

38 minutes ago, Shadders said:

In the spectrum, i can see some spikes - i think later you stated they were artefacts from the processing and not in the file.

The only issue with the difference file might be lack of true alignment - it's a bugger to get right. I did the best job I could, but it may not be perfect. Maybe @pkane2001's software would do a better job?

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

5 minutes ago, manisandher said:

The only issue with the difference file might be lack of true alignment - it's a bugger to get right. I did the best job I could, but it may not be perfect. Maybe @pkane2001's software would do a better job?

Mani.

Hi,

Did you :

1. Subtract the audio files in the time domain, and compute the FFT of that ? or
  2. Compute the FFT of the audio files and then compute the difference ?

I think it is 1., but just need to confirm.

If it is 1., and you used the time domain difference, then the "supposed" deblurring effect is significantly below -100dB, which means - deblurring is a sham. It make NO difference.

Regards,

Shadders.

1 minute ago, charlesphoto said:

And I suppose it’s ’provable’ there’s thousands of audiophiles in these underserved internet speed areas just clambering for compressed 24/192 streaming? So many that it’s worth trying to monopolize on music delivery? Give us a break. Most people could care less about hi-rez (or even regular cd rez) as it is, and if their internet is so poor, I’m pretty sure they have bigger issues than audiofooldom (like streaming basic Netflix for one). Yes, there will always be outlier cases for anything, but this sounds like yet another straw man argument to try and and kidnap an entire industry. 

So well said Charles.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 minutes ago, beetlemania said:

I voted with my wallet and cancelled Tidal. Buh-bye POS MQA!

Qobuz is missing some albums I like but I'll just buy those.

Same here. And when I was with Tidal, most of the MQA I tried sounded ‘dead’ to me in comparison to the basic 16/44 they were meant to replace. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

9 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

And I suppose it’s ’provable’ there’s thousands of audiophiles in these underserved internet speed areas just clambering for compressed 24/192 streaming? So many that it’s worth trying to monopolize on music delivery? Give us a break. Most people could care less about hi-rez (or even regular cd rez) as it is, and if their internet is so poor, I’m pretty sure they have bigger issues than audiofooldom (like streaming basic Netflix for one). Yes, there will always be outlier cases for anything, but this sounds like yet another straw man argument to try and and kidnap an entire industry. 

Where's the sugar in this?

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

1 minute ago, pkane2001 said:

But of course :)

Hi,

Two questions :

1. Has anyone used this software to compute the difference of regular and MQA files in the time domain ?
  2. Are there any examples of the ringing/blurring as referred to by MQA Ltd that sullies every audio file ?

Regards,

Shadders.