IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

6 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

Not only has that always been the case via the site's rules, but I'm at a loss to identify this supposed preponderance of attacks and the like. Who was called ignorant and when?

I must have missed something.

I believe he is referring to the person that posted this:

"Your actions certainly suggest you and a few others here definitely have an agenda.  I wish you well, but doing bad things like you are doing will inevitably lead to unpleasant consequences.  That isn't a threat by the way, just a prediction. 

Have a nice life. "

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

58 minutes ago, mansr said:

Has anyone actually read Moby Dick?

How could anyone get through high school without reading it?  It actually turned out to be enjoyable, and you pick up these references all over the place. :)

Like chasing the white whale perhaps. 

Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

43 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

Hmm..What did Bill Shakespeare say about lawyers?😄

He said a couple of things.  One was that in order to destroy the duly constituted govt. andseizee power, we should first kill all of the lawyers.

4 hours ago, mansr said:

Has anyone actually read Moby Dick?

Reminds me of this Steve Jobs rant:

“... the fact is that people don’t read anymore ... Forty percent of the people in the U.S. read one book or less last year. The whole conception is flawed at the top because people don’t read anymore.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

While it is not on the scale of evil empires, MQA proposes to place a substantial burden on the music consumer.

So I think, perhaps not on a grand scale, but the following applies, nevertheless:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

14 minutes ago, rwdvis said:

How long do you think it will be until the labels decide that Qobuz needs more MQA?  When presented with MQA content, how has Qobuz handled it so far?

That, and so much for the simplification of inventory argument, too.

How a regular consumer is supposed to navigate this clusterfuck, and how that's eventually going to achieve anything but possibly make MQA Ltd financially sustainable is beyond me.

On 3/14/2019 at 5:02 AM, Lee Scoggins said:

...   If you give the customer easier access to hirez, you may get more fans of it.  And in the process you provide a way for the studios and labels to offer hirez and get more dollars for the artist by offering a premium tier. 

Fail. If the only tracks available are MQA, how can they offer a premium tier? Same quality sound for both tiers... 

Even if "lorez" remains available, the vast majority of subscribers will still not pay more for MQA. No change from the current model. And what the services (Spotify etc) save on storage and bandwidth with MQA compared to full hirez, they will lose paying the MQA royalty. (Not directly, but the labels will increase the fee charged to the services to recoup the royalty.)

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

Just now, Don Hills said:

And what the services (Spotify etc) save on storage and bandwidth with MQA compared to full hirez

Once again, there are no such savings. Much of the MQA catalogue is made from 48 kHz masters where it actually increases the file size. For the rest, they could simply offer an honest 96 kHz version rather than fake higher numbers.