IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

1 hour ago, Paul R said:

Had to think about that. I would not want to discuss it here either, were I them. 

Have them post it on their own forum, publish a white paper, present at the next RMAF, or ask Chris for a moderated forum. They have plenty of options, but they do not have plenty of time. 

They usually release white papers at AES meetings.

2 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

So you have no evidence that anyone plans to give the artists more money?

Hi,

Given the falsehoods marketed by MQA Ltd., and the buy in from the major labels, i would expect them to say anything and everything to further the take up of MQA.

Their problem is - MQA offers pseudo-high resolution, and 99% of the customers streaming are happy with MP3. Unless they add the degradation option (patented) to the MQA files for the lower tiers, then MQA is not really a viable option.

Regards,

Shadders.

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Of course not. If this were the case, it would likely be in the public company's quarterly statements. Increasing payments of any size to anyone would be news for a quarterly statement.

And MQA would be mentioning it on their page touting the benefits to artists:

https://www.mqa.co.uk/professional/artists

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

16 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

So you have no evidence that anyone plans to give the artists more money?

No.  That would be difficult to get evidence for since it is a change in behavior in the future.  But the label people I have spoken to recognize that paying the artists more is required for the system to be healthy.

10 hours ago, Thuaveta said:

There seem to be multiple parts to the tactics we're seeing (with MQA and also elsewhere, eh). The way it seems to work is you've got a group of people either spouting inflammatory crap or straight-on gaslighting, getting called out on it, then going out and playing victim when they get called out.

Because gaslighting implies a weaponisation of common courtesy, as well as extreme contempt for the person in front of you, there's a point where I feel like you're wrong, and it's something you touch on: if your premise is that the person you're talking to isn't going to budge is correct, and they're trying to make use of the Brandolini's law, then they deserve all the tarring and feathering you can muster.

well put

2 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

Shadders,
shame on you,

you have  embezzled white tennis socks and sandals, this is archetypally for Germans, you may sound like someone, who has never visited a Germans invaded beachside in Mallorca ?

😂 Cheers, Tom

Hi,

He he - that is the point of stereotypes - they never reflect the true nature of what they are depicting. 😀

Luckily, the site is not PC, so we can have some fun without people being truly offended. 😋

Regards,

Shadders.

1 minute ago, Shadders said:

Luckily, the site is not PC, so we can have some fun without people being truly offended. 😋

Luckily, the site is not PC, so we can have some fun on ourselves without have other people being truly offended. 😋
Being German by nature, I still love citing that cliché´... because it has so much validation in real life ...

42 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

They usually release white papers at AES meetings.

Let me know when MQA issues some pink slips.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

40 minutes ago, mcgillroy said:

Not sure if this was discussed here already but a new patent application by Peter Craven and Bob Stuart was published late February:

DIGITAL ENCAPSULATION OF AUDIO SIGNALS - http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2019/0057709.html

See also here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=13859201&postcount=541

Oh my - just read a bit of it, but it sounds like they are trying patent the whole idea of digital audio, though even the few pages I read are full of mistakes. For example, the sampling theory is stated incorrectly. (*sigh*)  

I bet bet they run into interference. 🤪

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein