IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

2 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

I found this quote from Mr. Lee.

"I had an interesting conversation this afternoon with David Chesky. Much of it was off the record but one thing I can talk about stood out to me.

David has devised a test of his own 24/192k recordings (using reference ADCs and DACs from MSB). He can play both the master file non-MQA at 24/192 and then stream on HDMusicStreaming (his upcoming all-MQA streaming service) the same file unfolded at 24/192. Being super connected in the music biz, he then has invited experienced engineers, even those who don't like it. He says even the anti-MQA engineers cannot tell a difference between the master file and the MQA streamed 24/192 file.

If it's so close that experienced sound engineers cannot hear it, a lot of this discussion seems a bit academic."

I don't claim to be the sharpest Kosher knife in the drawer, but if they cannot hear a difference, what is the point of paying fees to MQA, buying MQA hardware, and adding another layer of processing> It seems to me Mr. Lee personifies the Dunning-Kruger effect. 😅

So if the engineers cannot tell a difference, then how is MQA not audibly lossless?

7 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

So first it was simply lossless, as evidenced by a corporate logo having been created to that effect, and various journalists being fed that line of BS, but now it is just audibly lossless?

Seems that they fed David Chesky a few "porkies" too !

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

45 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

I answered your questions, as you asked.

You had promised to answer your relation to MQA and it's monetary streams.  But you haven't.

So, ...

Let us be a little more precise then. There are about 6.9 million engineers and scientists in the U.S. Which one exactly are you? As in what is your real name?

Which I am sure, is exactly what you understood I asked. Especially so as you are a scientist and supposedly, well trained in logical and critical thinking.

I have no problem answering this question again - publicly -  none at all. But I do not believe you have the right to demand an answer. 

As I said before, I will be glad to answer it again, but only in public trade for the information I asked from you. 

Anyone else wishes to know, they can PM or provide the same information here in public. 

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

2 minutes ago, Paul R said:

Anyone else wishes to know

Don't flatter yourself, no one actually cares.

You do not have any right to demand someone publicly identify themself to you, and to what end? So that you can then be the arbiter of how much they know, or what their credentials suggest to you as the value of their posts on this forum.

Should he also submit his high school and college transcripts to you for review/vetting?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

10 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Would be nice to get an official comment from ProStudioMasters. 

And I just noticed this: https://www.prostudiomasters.com/?utm_source=prostudiomasters&utm_campaign=db2b15ffed-20190322-us_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3c6a0cab26-db2b15ffed-71939157&mc_cid=db2b15ffed&mc_eid=5e69fe14d3#x

Tracks 1-24 – contains material which has been processed by a perceptual audio coding algorithm

What the **** does that mean? It doesn't list MQA as a format.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)