IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

In other words, if you haven't already got your favourite high res versions from HD Tracks etc. already, then it may be a good idea to purchase them before they disappear, to be replaced by the lossy MQA versions.

Let's hope that HDTracks etc. don't remove the genuine high res versions from their inventory due to pressure from the major Record Labels.

That's right, and maybe after seeing what happened as a (former) customer of PSM, I might not wait to send the note after the fact.

Instead I'll send HDtracks a note now, telling them they would keep me as a customer and perhaps carve a market niche in not supporting MQA, and I'll send the same note to SupeHiRez too. I'm a good customer of both, though my true favorite for downloads was the now long-gone Pono Music Store.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

2 minutes ago, rickca said:

On ProStudioMasters, The Doors 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

FLAC 24/96 costs $24.49

MQA 24/192 costs $32.89 (same price as FLAC 24/192)

Hilarious.  So uninformed people are going to pay a premium for MQA.  I'm pretty sure Jim Morrison didn't approve it.

A fool and their money are soon parted...😎

6 minutes ago, mansr said:

The Cheskys are already enthusiastic MQA supporters. Do not buy from them, even if they're not offering MQA downloads.

Were they not planning an MQA streaming service, sort of a Fox News for streaming, where there is an alternate reality?😎

What happened?  And if they were MQA supporters, why have they not opted to sell MQA downloads like PSM?

Lastly, why has no music, to the best of my knowledge, on the Chesky label, been MQA processed?

22 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

Were they not planning an MQA streaming service, sort of a Fox News for streaming, where there is an alternate reality?😎

What happened?  And if they were MQA supporters, why have they not opted to sell MQA downloads like PSM?

Lastly, why has no music, to the best of my knowledge, on the Chesky label, been MQA processed?

The HD Tracks Streaming service was called HDmusicStream, 7 Digital will “will handle app development, host the music catalogue on its platform and deliver tracks to consumers.”   But this was supposed to happen a year or so ago.

The Truth Is Out There

10 minutes ago, mav52 said:

The HD Tracks Streaming service was called HDmusicStream, 7 Digital will “will handle app development, host the music catalogue on its platform and deliver tracks to consumers.”   But this was supposed to happen a year or so ago.

7Digital itself sells hi res downloads, and MQA.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

I can't find a single MQA album on 7digital. Can you provide a link?

I was sure I saw several the other day when I was searching there, to my consternation.  But when I have a chance after I'm home, I'll double-check to be sure I haven't confused them with someone else.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

7 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

when Norm Chesky was asked if he plays an instrument, he replied, yes, the "Jewish piano"..the cash register...lol

Evidently he didn't like their cut of the spoils vis-à-vis MQA?

Might that be another example of Lee's new ecosystem and the supposed fairness/equity to all stakeholders in it being just a pipe dream?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group