IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

10 hours ago, Paul R said:

I am pretty certain that is because of the awful confrontational attitude, which, thank God is dying down a bit.  Of I am sure the regular crew of cronies will be around to deride this note. But they are far more interested in tooting their own horns than in making any kind of impact on the MQA issues. (Which are valid for the most part.) 

well ok the new power generation GIF by Prince

I'm not holding my breath that team MQA will provide any real answers to the technical aspects of their proprietary, lossy format.  All of the responses I have seen are attacks on the messenger or the tone of the delivery, but never about the actual content of the message.  Is reverse psychology the new MQA game in play?  If anyone protests vehemently against MQA, they are protesting for MQA.  Got it. 

23 minutes ago, John Dyson said:

BY FAR, the limiting quality factor is the source material and how it is treated.  Once in a while, there is material good enough to benefit from super high quality.  The problem with MQA isn't really the inferior quality and inefficiency, but rather the proprietary and potential (likely) coercive aspects.

I am happier at being coerced if I very much enjoy the content/experience (e.g., iPhone for me personally, though I have no quarrel with anyone who doesn't want to feel restricted to their IMO very nice walled garden).

MQA does not spark joy (for me, at least).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I love language - "le fin beak"?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

The 'c' is voiced (like an 's') on 'grâce' in French, despite the constant mispronunciation in movies by English-speaking actors.  Perhaps people are confused by another word altogether, 'gras,' as in pâté de foie gras.  Honestly, I wish screenwriters would just avoid French phrases, as they end up making the actors look foolish rather than sophisticated or knowledgeable or whatever it is they're going for.

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

2 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

The 'c' is voiced (like an 's') on 'grâce' in French, despite the constant mispronunciation in movies by English-speaking actors.  Perhaps people are confused by another word altogether, 'gras,' as in pâté de foie gras.  Honestly, I wish screenwriters would just avoid French phrases, as they end up making the actors look foolish rather than sophisticated or knowledgeable or whatever it is they're going for.

My own use of French is foolish also -- it has been 30+yrs since I have had any significant exposure.  It has helped on a few business trips early in my career, but beyond that -- it is all a faded memory.  Brain is all filled up full of technical goo...

John

16 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

When I stop laughing I’ll respond. But I actually have relationships with the MQA Ltd people and John Atkinson. Gordon Rankin and I talked on several occasions. That will be the starting point. I will sleep well tonight, thank you.

As a great deal of money and potential income from MQA is involved here, you have a snow flake's chance in hell of delaying or stopping the widespread introduction of MQA.

You aren't Moses !:D

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

30 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

however if one of the only little things I can do is inform MQA partners I will no longer do business with them, and LOTS of others follow suit

The only hope could be if somebody started a large online petition, with the introduction by a group of well known Industry figures detailing it's deficiencies.

They will never take much notice of individuals

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

6 hours ago, John Dyson said:

My biggest motivation for the best possible quality is more related to the distraction from artifacts of poor quality.  A good example, is my project -- which is meant (and successfully does) remove some technical  distractions from material that is often mishandled in the distribution phase.

John's efforts in this regard have resulted in tracks that I find sound markedly better than those of the same title from the RBCD layer of Carpenters Singles 1969-1981, and presumably the SACD layer either .

The improvements aren't subtle either.;)

What I find VERY disturbing is that that hundreds of MQA albums have appeared out of no where on PSM.

Many of them are albums that have been previously remastered, and sold as 24 bit downloads. They CLEARLY have been run through the MQA sausage maker. And in fact are now LOSSSY. A good example is the 24/96 Doors Studio Album virtual box set, done by original engineer Bruce Botnick circa 2009. There are numerous others. 😴