IGNORED

Article: Meet The Audiophile Style Community | Volume 1

I have a tattoo of a 501C/M on my arm. Haven't owned one in years but shot a lot with one back in the '90's. Last Hasselblad I owned was an SWC which I stupidly sold a few years back (now they go for ridiculous prices). Great cameras but I just couldn't deal with the cost of film and processing anymore. The 50mm is definitely the best lens. I still have a couple of Mamiya 6's and a Rolleiflex 2.8F kicking around but should probably sell at some point to buy some other goodies I need. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Thanks for doing this.  I enjoyed it.  Congratulations on your journey, and success.  You've earned it.  

Love the photos and of course, the equipment.

Keep up the good work

be safe and stay healthy

Aurender N10--> DCS Bartok w Rossini Clock—>Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Vandersteen M5HPA—>Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers; AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre

3 hours ago, austinpop said:

Wow Chris, this is a side of you I did not know.

I come from a tea-snob family too, but for more direct reasons. I spent the first ten years of my life in Eastern India, and actually went to a boarding school in Darjeeling. My uncle managed tea estates (or as they were called then, tea gardens) and managed several all over that region over his career, in Jalpaiguri, Kalimpong, and a couple of gardens in Assam. I've only visited tea gardens as a child, but the experience is wonderful. 

Unsurprisingly, I'm a Darjeeling snob too!

Wow Rajiv! Now I’m really upset we couldn’t see each other at AXPONA this year. We have much more to discuss. But please, don’t tell me you’re a first flush guy :~)

I’m currently reading a book called “Darjeeling: The Colorful History and Precarious Fate of the World's Greatest Tea” and dreaming of the day I can visit the tea estates. 

2 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

I have a tattoo of a 501C/M on my arm. Haven't owned one in years but shot a lot with one back in the '90's. Last Hasselblad I owned was an SWC which I stupidly sold a few years back (now they go for ridiculous prices). Great cameras but I just couldn't deal with the cost of film and processing anymore. The 50mm is definitely the best lens. I still have a couple of Mamiya 6's and a Rolleiflex 2.8F kicking around but should probably sell at some point to buy some other goodies I need. 

Hi Charles, I certainly hear you. It costs about $25-$30 per roll (12 shots per roll for those unaware) when I figure in the cost of film, processing, scanning, and shipping. I’m looking at doing more myself, starting with the scanning. 

As someone who just does this for pure enjoyment, I can live with the expense and inconvenience (wait, that sounds like listening to vinyl). For you, a working professional, I completely understand the route you’ve taken. 

I thought about getting a Mamiya 6 because they are much more portable than the 503CW / 50mm CFi, but I’m so invested in the Hasselblad ecosystem it’s hard to justify. I have a 50mm CFi, 80mm CFE, 180mm CFE, extension tubes, backs, etc... The thought of getting into an additional system makes me cringe. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Interesting @ARQuint, my wife and I did residency at the University of MN as well after having met in medical school in TX.

3 winters were enough for me :)

Bill

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

Great introduction Chris, thank you for sharing! As a current networking nerd now in technical sales for a networking company, it is good to know we are well represented! 🤓

For the rest of us: don’t mess with Chris as he has a very particular set of skills. Skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like us... just sayin’

Chris,

Really great stuff, but how about a forum thread for introverts?  OK, well that will be a thread with no personal details, so perhaps not as interesting.  😃  

What, no Chinese tea drinkers?  I'm a snob for Cooked Pu-erh.  When someone at work asked to try some, I made sure they liked the taste of soil.  The stuff just makes me happy.  

Best concert?  Saw Pink Floyd, but was not in a state to remember where or when.  True story.

Best live music moment:  Sonny Rollins at the Monterey Jazz Festival.  His very first note threw me back in my seat!  After that, I knew I had to try harder at whatever I did.  Very humbling and truly educational in the broadest sense.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

10 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

What is covidian ?

As in Covid-19, but I have started to refer to it as "we live in Covidian times..." 

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

Thanks Chris,  looking back do you regret leaving the hair Salon industry...?

🤔

I've wanted to know more about the people on AS and what brought them here on lifes journey. (Not as in my wife on facebook, stalking people like CIA deep cover operative) 

Not even to give more credence or weight to thier posts and thoughts.

Just  to know about the nice helpful people here. If anything that people here are human being's first not a sound bite in a post. 

The Reviews have worked very well, setting a high bar.  This will be a nice addition.

5 hours ago, austinpop said:

I understood you, thanks to my fragmentary knowledge of French - "la vie covidienne," instead of "la vie quotidienne."

I like that better! Putting the french feminine spin on it makes it sound friendlier. 😉 

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)