IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

34 minutes ago, GrahamH said:

I’ve noticed recently that classical releases often do not carry the name of the composition in the Title field, only the tempo markings. I had thought this was something new, but I’ve found instances of it happening in the past. Still, I do think this is increasingly the case. Recent examples include the new Nelsons Shostakovich disc and the Haitink Bruckner and Mahler boxes, but there are many more.

This is happening in the Qobuz desktop app (Mac in my case), as well as the mobile apps, and so also in Audirvana. Tidal, Spotify and Deezer all have full information, so I’m skeptical about this being a problem with metadata supplied by the labels. 

I contacted Qobuz customer support a week ago but as yet haven’t had a response.  I’ve been a very satisfied Qobuz subscriber for many years, but if this is growing trend I will have to think about moving to Tidal.

I’m wondering if anybody else has noticed this and, if so, whether they find it problematic.

Hi, this will be fix asap. We have update API answer. Goal is to get sale display as our online shop.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

4 hours ago, GrahamH said:

I’ve noticed recently that classical releases often do not carry the name of the composition in the Title field, only the tempo markings. I had thought this was something new, but I’ve found instances of it happening in the past. Still, I do think this is increasingly the case. Recent examples include the new Nelsons Shostakovich disc and the Haitink Bruckner and Mahler boxes, but there are many more.

This is happening in the Qobuz desktop app (Mac in my case), as well as the mobile apps, and so also in Audirvana. Tidal, Spotify and Deezer all have full information, so I’m skeptical about this being a problem with metadata supplied by the labels. 

I contacted Qobuz customer support a week ago but as yet haven’t had a response.  I’ve been a very satisfied Qobuz subscriber for many years, but if this is growing trend I will have to think about moving to Tidal.

I’m wondering if anybody else has noticed this and, if so, whether they find it problematic.

I'm having the same problem. It's even worse than you state, as not even the name of the work is shown and there is no way to tell which symphony is playing. I hope they are able to fix this soon:

Clipboard01.jpg

4 hours ago, David Craff said:

Email is used as login and you cannot create more than one account with the same login.

Regards

Thank you for your reply. Later on if I decide I'd rather have a U.S. account can I migrate my French one?

10 hours ago, Polyglot said:

Thank you for your reply. Later on if I decide I'd rather have a U.S. account can I migrate my French one?

Hi, you can migrate your French account if you have no active plan on it. Contact our support for that.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Is this normal - listening to Qobuz on iPhone - choose 24/96 tracks but didn’t have Audioquest Dragonfly plugged in - should this default back to 16/44.1 instead of showing Hires 24/96 playback?

2012 (Late) Mac Mini, Oyen 1TB HDD (ALAC files), DH Labs Silversonic Toslink Optical w/3.5mm Audioquest adapter, Rega DAC, Audioquest Columbia IC, Rega Brio-R, DH Labs T-14 Cables, PSB Imagine B

27 minutes ago, ttate90303 said:

Is this normal - listening to Qobuz on iPhone - choose 24/96 tracks but didn’t have Audioquest Dragonfly plugged in - should this default back to 16/44.1 instead of showing Hires 24/96 playback?

Is it normal for iOS to provide a music playing app with feedback of the capabilties of the DAC currently being used by the iPhone/iPad?

Otherwise, how can you expect the Qobuz iOS app to do anything other than play the audio file tracks with the resolution that the user has chosen?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Some here have complained of the Qobuz Windows application being slow and resource-hungry. It may help you simply to minimise the Qobuz window...

I noticed the Windows application behaving strangely in that it was consuming a lot of GPU resource - over 50%. This was causing my PC to run hot and for the fan to run loudly. The GPU resource (plus considerable CPU resource as well) is consumed even when the screen is static - no movement on screen at all. It happens whether I am listening to hi-res or not. It even happens if Qobuz is a background window, with a foreground window over the top of Qobuz Player. 

BUT it does NOT happen if the Qobuz window is minimised. And CPU resource is also reduced if the window is minimised.

So, a temporary workaround for others may be to minimise the application's window, rather than leaving it hidden, but not minimised, behind other windows.

My Intel NUC uses a recent and fast laptop processor -  i7-6770HQ @ 2.6GHz, and the GPU is integrated Iris Pro Graphics 580. (According to Windows's "Task Manager" the GPU resource is "3D".) Can anyone suggest what might cause this unexpected behaviour?

@Mark Dirac Sorry for your problems- have never had an issue with Qobuz(or TIDAL) being ‘resources hungry’ have had Qobuz since 2013 with French address now USA studio account i also have Audirvana +3 and ROON and sometimes run all of them at once to do a/b/c/d comparisons-sometimes this works other times one or other says ‘device is being hogged by another device’ and i shut/quit something and all the while doing other things like my EMR.

IMHO instead of a temporary work around why not ditch the PC and find a used late 2012 Mac Mini i7 with 16GB ram running El Capitan or earlier and use that as a music server-my 2012 Mac  Mini is as quiet as a church mouse and i never hear the fan and it sits right next to me while i listen to music- it does get ‘warm’ but has never failed me all these years of use.

if what i suggested is unacceptable to you contact Qobuz support directly or maybe @dmackta or @David Craff here can help you

@Mark Dirac the behavior you describe could have more than one cause, but the Windows app is very resource-intensive. @David Craff has acknowledged that issue right here in this thread, and said the next major update may fix it.

@bobbmd the Mac app is a completely different animal, and I have not seen similar issues reported. But Macs have their own problems, caused by Apple not Qobuz. You use third-party apps to get around those, and to me that's not a great recommendation to switch to macOS. I could use those apps on Windows if I wanted them.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

1 hour ago, bobbmd said:

if what i suggested is unacceptable to you contact Qobuz support directly or maybe @dmackta or @David Craff here can help you

I did send a thorough report directly to Qobuz support, over a week ago. Other than a computer-generated receipt I received no reply, or thanks, or acknowledgement. (I am finding Qobuz support even worse than Tidal in terms of not reading problem reports carefully, and then replying with not-relevant responses.)

22 minutes ago, Fridolin said:

The resource problem exists on macOS, too.

If i use the beautiful playing now view, my MacBook Pro heats up very quickly and the vent is blowing loud. Nothing but the progress bar is moving in this window, so no reason for heavy graphic processing.

Currently playing Gens' Chausson in 24/96. When Qobuz window is primary, MacOS Activity monitor indicates that Qobuz and Qobuz Helper occupy ~60% of CPU activity. When secondary (for example, partially covered by Safari), the two Qobuz processes require about 28% of CPU activity. Perhaps graphics processing is not very efficiently handled here.

6 hours ago, ttate90303 said:

In order to play hires from an iPhone, or any iOS device, you will need the CCK. 

BTW, iPhone is a fantastic Roon endpoint. 

I Finally upgraded my Qobuz subscription to Sublime+. It was not easy. I use AMEX for most purchases. When attempting to upgrade to Sublime+ (many attempts) my card was refused. Long story short = the Qobuz payment page is asking for the security code on the signature strip at the backside of the card.  AMEX,(in the US) needs the security code on the FRONT of the card.

Hope this helps folks using AMEX in the US.

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

7 hours ago, R1200CL said:

In order to play hires from an iPhone, or any iOS device, you will need the CCK. 

BTW, iPhone is a fantastic Roon endpoint. 

Ok let me clarify a bit more. I do have the CCK to pair with my Dragonfly Red. The issue I’m pointing out is the app displays 24/96 but if all I have is a stock headphone connection (lightning connector on the iPhone X) I would expect the app to only display 16/44.1 instead. If I have the CCK/Audioquest DragonFly then I would expect the results to display and playback 24/96 because the Dragonfly DAC is connected. That wasn’t the case - the display still shows 24/96 with a stock headphone connection. 

2012 (Late) Mac Mini, Oyen 1TB HDD (ALAC files), DH Labs Silversonic Toslink Optical w/3.5mm Audioquest adapter, Rega DAC, Audioquest Columbia IC, Rega Brio-R, DH Labs T-14 Cables, PSB Imagine B

4 hours ago, ttate90303 said:

I would expect the app to only display 16/44.1 instead.

Not if the Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter has a DAC that actually supports those rates. I think it at least supports 24/48. 

Also you’re suggesting that the DAC can tell the app via lightning interface its capabilities, which may not be part of the lighting specifications. (But USB does). 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

What happened?

it  bombed after I filled out the registration page, said something equivalent to unable to register. Tried IE and Firefox, changed desired user name, checked to see if my email was already registered(it wasn't), so it appears something was awry. Tried again just now, this time success.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

2 minutes ago, davide256 said:

it  bombed after I filled out the registration page, said something equivalent to unable to register. Tried IE and Firefox, changed desired user name, checked to see if my email was already registered(it wasn't), so it appears something was awry. Tried again just now, this time success.

Excellent. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png