IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

I must have just started seeing some of this attack last night at 1am.  Classic symptoms of attack underway or system too busy.  CD quality streams were working just fine, but if you went to higher bitrates, no go.  I finally crashed out at around 2am and was seeing this behaviour right up until then, the botnet was just starting to get rolling.

@David Craff forget it.  I uninstalled the Qobuz Windows Desktop app and reinstalled it and things seems to be working OK.  I have no idea why I started getting that JavaScript error.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

As of about 12noon or so EST all came back had to resign into Qobuz and TIDAL on A+3 Qobuz deskapp just ‘cameback’ TIDAL never really was affected on desktop app

ROON is still a distastor nothing plays ‘versions’ of albums do not play and if they do do not play at hires or master/mqa just 16/44 

@dylan at ROON support acknowledges there is a ‘problem’ that predates this DDoS attack suggests you ‘disable’ Qobuz and TIDAL but gives no EXPLINATION how to do this unlike A+3 which has a way to log off then reconnect

Also never got that java script that @rickca described just a pink box saying error 500 or something

1 hour ago, phosphorein said:

MacOS Qobuz app sometimes will not play complete tracks. I had this issue today with Fischer’s Mahler 7 Fourth and Fifth movements. I’ve tried restarting the app and clearing the cache to no avail. This with the 24/192 stream. No known internet problems locally.

Does it play each track for a few seconds? If so, it may be due to an album that is not permitted to be streamed but can only be purchased outright.

1 hour ago, phosphorein said:

MacOS Qobuz app sometimes will not play complete tracks. I had this issue today with Fischer’s Mahler 7 Fourth and Fifth movements. I’ve tried restarting the app and clearing the cache to no avail. This with the 24/192 stream. No known internet problems locally.

Adam or Ivan?

1 hour ago, Taz777 said:

Does it play each track for a few seconds? If so, it may be due to an album that is not permitted to be streamed but can only be purchased outright.

Track 4 played for about 16 minutes and track 5 about 5 minutes. It’s a streamable album.

@Goon525 Ivan and the Budapest Festival Orchestra on Channel Classics.

2 hours ago, phosphorein said:

Hi

Go to another track then click on "..." from the track with the issue and remove it from cache. Then play again.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

14 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi

Go to another track then click on "..." from the track with the issue and remove it from cache. Then play again.

Thanks, David. I’ll try that, but I did try clearing the entire cache. I appreciate your help and the  prompt attention you folks have given to us on AS.

4 hours ago, Just4fun said:

I can confirm that I ran into the exact same problem yesterday, while enjoying this eminent new version of Mahler´s 7. in gorgeous 24/192

Are US accounts able to stream the new Mahler 7 in 24/192? I find this (and all other Channel Classics albums) only stream 16/44.1.

I hope this is temporary! The 2 labels I tend to gravitate to the most are BIS and Channel Classics, and if those don't stream hi-res, then that takes the shine off Qobuz a bit.

23 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Are US accounts able to stream the new Mahler 7 in 24/192? I find this (and all other Channel Classics albums) only stream 16/44.1.

I hope this is temporary! The 2 labels I tend to gravitate to the most are BIS and Channel Classics, and if those don't stream hi-res, then that takes the shine off Qobuz a bit.

Audirvana+ and Mac indicate 24/192 stream. Unfortunately the Kii Three doesn’t report stream data.

The answer here is American and European sites will always speak to different customer bases and available to be contracted music libraries.  Parity is unlikely, size a negligible concern in the not too distant future.  

Personally, I'll be amazed if Europe develops an insatiable appetite for the products of a certain much younger nation.  Even more so if the reverse occurs.  That first bulging steamer trunk of foreign goods is always splendorous.  In the face of a steady stream, those goods become common property and they no longer have much worth. 

Location, location, locution

1 hour ago, Polyglot said:

I wonder which version will have the amplest catalogue in the end, France or the U.S.? I wish to keep the one with the most albums.

I think each will have some holes and not the same ones; so it will depend on which one more suits what you are looking for. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

@Polyglot I did this easily but switched my PayPal to AE-I had a 'French' account switched to STUDIO while still with the French address.

I had already transferred all my TIDAL playlists( that I had made myself) via Soundiiz in the event they would transfer(they did not so I just redid it once I had USA account).

I had great support from Qobuz USA(yes you should/need to use them I left their exact US email address somewhere on this thread in Jan- just as @left channel said) in form of an Eric Benoit-he transferred my account did change my user name and he gave me a new password(  and from @mdackta here and from @left channel here )AND if you have ROON everything transferred nicely.

If you also have Audirvana nothing changed at all in terms of what I had on Qobuz previously and all play nicely at 24/192 through my ME2 DAC and SQ is excellent on my Schiit Gungnir( you will need to check your 'pathway' on ROON for bit rate etc).

I’ve noticed recently that classical releases often do not carry the name of the composition in the Title field, only the tempo markings. I had thought this was something new, but I’ve found instances of it happening in the past. Still, I do think this is increasingly the case. Recent examples include the new Nelsons Shostakovich disc and the Haitink Bruckner and Mahler boxes, but there are many more.

This is happening in the Qobuz desktop app (Mac in my case), as well as the mobile apps, and so also in Audirvana. Tidal, Spotify and Deezer all have full information, so I’m skeptical about this being a problem with metadata supplied by the labels. 

I contacted Qobuz customer support a week ago but as yet haven’t had a response.  I’ve been a very satisfied Qobuz subscriber for many years, but if this is growing trend I will have to think about moving to Tidal.

I’m wondering if anybody else has noticed this and, if so, whether they find it problematic.

On 3/3/2019 at 2:16 PM, Just4fun said:

I can confirm that I ran into the exact same problem yesterday, while enjoying this eminent new version of Mahler´s 7. in gorgeous 24/192 through A+

Track 4 : no music after ca. 9 min. and the rest of the track.

Track 5 : no music after ca. 6 min. and the rest of the track.

The rest of the album went well.

Tried A+, Qobuz MacOS app on 2 different computers, IOS on iPhone Xs (16/44.1) all with the same outcome 😫

Wondering why both 24/192 and 16/44.1 seems to have the same problem.

Hope Qobuz can require at new set of files from Channel Classic so we can enjoy this fine music fully 😌

Sent to the department concerned.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.