IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

I have been enjoying Qobuz through my Bluesound Node 2 and separate DAC.  The sound has been outstanding.  However, I have noticed some problems with my list of artists when using the Bluesound app.  Artists are sometimes listed alphabetically by the first name and others by the last name.  For example, Pink Floyd is listed under "P".  However, Pearl Jam is listed under "J".  I have dozens of favorites that are listed incorrectly and I can't see any pattern.  Is there a way to address this?

11 hours ago, David Craff said:

This will arrive soon. Here come a screenshot

image.thumb.png.ab42e9ee173d5a9965eada9c1f803685.png

I'm assuming it's just a test that has a "Symphony No. 0."

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I went to bed last night, I had 1410 albums in my ROON library... I just turned ROON back on and now I have 1385 albums...  I am confident I did not lose 25 albums from my local library so that leaves Qobuz...  I have been suspecting this has been happening but this is the first time I have absolute proof.

No electron left behind.

15 hours ago, David Craff said:

This will arrive soon. Here come a screenshot

Looking good! Thanks.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

3 hours ago, RichardSF said:

What happens when you try to install Qobuz from the Google Play Store (assuming you've installed Google Play Store)?

Thanks for the question. Yes, I've tried that trick a few times with various releases. Unfortunately, the size parameters don't match a TV screen size and you can't login or navigate. I've tried on several releases. I have Qobuz running on Kodi and that works well. I'd imagine a native app would work and sound better on my big tube rig.

Are the track listings for Qobuz USA fully populated yet?  I have trials of Qobuz and Tidal and so far in testing availability, It is close but Tidal has more available.  I do prefer the search capability of Qobuz though seems a better implementation at least when it comes to classical.

I was going to ask about catelog again too. I see a lot of people choosing to stick with Tidal because not willing to wait for catelog to complete. We were also told conflicting information that once beta was done full catelog would be there. Then catelog had nothing to do with beta status. 

I’m going to stick with it just because sound quality is a jump up and I do have hope Qobuz catelog will fill in. Only real improvement I’ve noticed with Beggar’s group of labels showing up. This was a big one for me but still finding artists like Elliott Smith mostly missing and my playlists missing over 25% of their tracks compared to Tidal. Also find some MQA are either not in hires or that MQA has it as 192k and Qobuz only at 96k. Not that big of deal because thing 96k hires still better than 192k MQA. 

The other factor not getting catelog loaded in time is Tidal now has MQA on iPhones and android phones. So people might stick with that as well. 

Hoping we can get a clear timeline of when the full catelog will be available otherwise some will just think Qobuz sticks with only mainstream artists. 

14 minutes ago, iamoneagain said:

I was going to ask about catelog again too. I see a lot of people choosing to stick with Tidal because not willing to wait for catelog to complete. We were also told conflicting information that once beta was done full catelog would be there. Then catelog had nothing to do with beta status. 

I’m going to stick with it just because sound quality is a jump up and I do have hope Qobuz catelog will fill in. Only real improvement I’ve noticed with Beggar’s group of labels showing up. This was a big one for me but still finding artists like Elliott Smith mostly missing and my playlists missing over 25% of their tracks compared to Tidal. Also find some MQA are either not in hires or that MQA has it as 192k and Qobuz only at 96k. Not that big of deal because thing 96k hires still better than 192k MQA. 

The other factor not getting catelog loaded in time is Tidal now has MQA on iPhones and android phones. So people might stick with that as well. 

Hoping we can get a clear timeline of when the full catelog will be available otherwise some will just think Qobuz sticks with only mainstream artists. 

It’s still in Beta; just now it’s a public Beta.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Qobuz-MQA-Toneff.png.9882d150dd944f18e772fa1dd4ec89f2.png

I'm experiencing dropouts, clicks, static, and stuttering while trying to play this album from Qobuz app to an MQA DAC, with both ASIO and WASAPI Exclusive. I can play it OK with a non-MQA DAC, but with an MQA-capable DAC I can find no way around the problem. It works better playing through the Qobuz plugin for LMS.

The Tidal app plays same album fine, with my DAC displaying 192k and a blue dot. The Qobuz app gives me 176k and a green dot, plus constant glitches. The Qobuz plugin for LMS played through Squeezelite-X gives me 176k and a green dot, but no dropouts or other glitches. My Pro-Ject S2D is perhaps more sensitive than most DACs to imperfections in an MQA stream, but Qobuz should not be hosting MQA albums if they're not going to play, as MQA-capable DACs will try to decode these every time. Tidal offers an optimized bit-perfect pass through option, but I have no idea why LMS is working.

This is not a complaint about whether or not MQA albums should on Qobuz, nor about the upsampling of that particular album which was originally recorded at 16/50.35. There is another thread here for that [link]. But if it's done, it should be done right.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

11 minutes ago, left channel said:

I'm experiencing dropouts, clicks, static, and stuttering while trying to play this album from the Windows Qobuz app to an MQA DAC, with both ASIO and WASAPI Exclusive. I can play it OK with a non-MQA DAC, but with an MQA-capable DAC I can find no way around the problem.

The Tidal app plays same album fine, with my DAC displaying 192k and a blue dot. The Qobuz app gives me 176k and a green dot, plus constant glitches. My Pro-Ject S2D is perhaps more sensitive than most DACs to imperfections in an MQA stream, but Qobuz should not be hosting MQA albums without an optimized bit-perfect pass through option, as MQA-capable DACs will try to decode these every time.

Can you capture a minute or so of that track? Then we can check it for MQA errors.

15 minutes ago, mansr said:

Can you capture a minute or so of that track? Then we can check it for MQA errors.

What should I use to capture it? Not sure it's worth the trouble though, as there clearly are errors and they're worse in the official Qobuz app. I've edited my previous post to note that the Qobuz plugin for LMS also gives me 176k and a green dot, but no dropouts or other glitches. Interesting.

@left channel I get the same blue dot/LED&2 white dots and same blue dot/LED& 2 white dots on my ME2 DAC from TIDAL desktop app and A+3 respectively the Qobuz version on A+3 only gives three white dots at 15/44 but album says MQA and the DAC says 24/192- on ROON the Qobuz version doesn't play at all or takes too long for me to wait(but the album says it is MQA??) but the TIDAL version plays immediately but at only at 176 and with green dot and 2 white LED's and it says  flac 44 16 2ch MQA 172.6 on an 'Enhanced Pathway' yet the album says FLAC 48 24 MQA 192.The Qobuz desktop only has 16/44 but also says it is an MQA album and give only one white dot.

I get no dropouts crackles pops or hisses on any of above. Neither do I on my Schiit Gungnir DAC.

They all sound wonderful with TIDAL desktop sounding maybe 'brighter' and 'louder'- makes me wonder what all the fuss is about ie 16/44 24/16-88-96-176 or 192 all sound great and about the same but never 'as good' as actual disc played from my CD/DVD-A/SACD/DVD changer.

21 hours ago, left channel said:

Qobuz-MQA-Toneff.png.9882d150dd944f18e772fa1dd4ec89f2.png

I'm experiencing dropouts, clicks, static, and stuttering while trying to play this album from Qobuz app to an MQA DAC, with both ASIO and WASAPI Exclusive. I can play it OK with a non-MQA DAC, but with an MQA-capable DAC I can find no way around the problem. It works better playing through the Qobuz plugin for LMS.

The Tidal app plays same album fine, with my DAC displaying 192k and a blue dot. The Qobuz app gives me 176k and a green dot, plus constant glitches. The Qobuz plugin for LMS played through Squeezelite-X gives me 176k and a green dot, but no dropouts or other glitches. My Pro-Ject S2D is perhaps more sensitive than most DACs to imperfections in an MQA stream, but Qobuz should not be hosting MQA albums if they're not going to play, as MQA-capable DACs will try to decode these every time. Tidal offers an optimized bit-perfect pass through option, but I have no idea why LMS is working.

This is not a complaint about whether or not MQA albums should on Qobuz, nor about the upsampling of that particular album which was originally recorded at 16/50.35. There is another thread here for that [link]. But if it's done, it should be done right.

Any particular track, I've played this selection from front tot back on my Lumin and no drop outs, clicks or stuttering

IMG_0611.JPG

The Truth Is Out There

35 minutes ago, mav52 said:

Any particular track, I've played this selection from front tot back on my Lumin and no drop outs, clicks or stuttering

Thanks for the report. I would hope most people will be able to play it. But is it unfolding to 192 kHz? If not, I suspect it still isn't unfolding correctly.

As I mentioned above, my DAC — which was advertised prominently right next to the Qobuz banner on this site for weeks — is quite sensitive to imperfections in MQA signals, which is what we have here. But even people without dropouts are reporting that it unfolds to the equivalent of green dot 176 kHz or worse, while on Tidal it unfolds to blue dot 192 kHz and to me sounds better there. Does your Lumin display sample rate and authentication information?

1 minute ago, left channel said:

I would hope most people will be able to play it. But is it unfolding to 192 kHz? If not, I suspect it still isn't unfolding correctly.

As I mentioned above, my DAC — which was advertised prominently right next to the Qobuz banner on this site for weeks — is quite sensitive to non-bit-perfect MQA signals, which is what we have here. But even those without dropouts are reporting that it unfolds to the equivalent of green dot 176 kHz or worse, while on Tidal it unfolds to blue dot 192 kHz to me sounds better. Does your Lumin display this information?

Tidal probably has the MQA-48/24 version while Qobuz has been given MQA-44/16.

2 minutes ago, mansr said:

That would be interesting. I think the bigger problem for my DAC is that the MQA signal is not bit-perfect pass-through (or software decoded, which would work too). 

For whatever reason, it may be un-listenable for a significant portion of Qobuz subscribers, and I think Qobuz management should be informed.

2 hours ago, left channel said:

Thanks for the report. I would hope most people will be able to play it. But is it unfolding to 192 kHz? If not, I suspect it still isn't unfolding correctly.

As I mentioned above, my DAC — which was advertised prominently right next to the Qobuz banner on this site for weeks — is quite sensitive to imperfections in MQA signals, which is what we have here. But even people without dropouts are reporting that it unfolds to the equivalent of green dot 176 kHz or worse, while on Tidal it unfolds to blue dot 192 kHz and to me sounds better there. Does your Lumin display sample rate and authentication information?

On Tidal for me, with my Lumin its MQA Studio 24/192

The Truth Is Out There

2 hours ago, mansr said:

If you have one, sure. If you can get a sample from both Qobuz and Tidal, even better.

Can you instruct me on the best way to do a digital capture of a music file, software to use etc... Windows machine 7-64 here.  Thanks in advance.

The Truth Is Out There

4 hours ago, mansr said:

1 hour ago, mav52 said:

On Tidal for me, with my Lumin its MQA Studio 24/192

Looking into this further I've found the Tidal plugin for LMS, which is not MQA-enabled in any way, gives me 176k and a green dot. Normally MQA albums play at 44.1 via that plug-in. This one is an odd duck. Also providing 176k and a green dot are the Qobuz plugin for LMS, and the Qobuz app for Windows (with glitches on my S2D DAC).

On my desktop only the Tidal App for Windows gives me 192k and a blue dot, as will apparently any MQA-licensed application. On my Android phone, UAPP which is MQA-licensed correctly detects the Tidal version as 192k but (since I don't have the MQA add-on) it plays at 44.1. The Tidal app itself decodes this as MQA. Yet UAPP sees and plays the Qobuz version only as 44.1, as does the official Qobuz app for Android (and with no glitches).

It's not at all clear to me that Tidal and Qobuz have different versions of the album, just different delivery methods. And for Qobuz, the Windows and Android apps are also different.