IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

3 hours ago, David Craff said:

Only 3 devices and only one simultaneously

Regards

So this brings a question to mind...

Roon allows many devices/endpoints and the ability to play from more than one endpoint at the same time with different material.

Given that Qobuz can be accessed via a Roon account how does that work?

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

When is Qobuz going to get the DNLA working for Mojave?. The Windows 10 version is able to stream to my Lumin D2 just fine. Mojave does not work at all. Please, get this working.

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

15 hours ago, greyscale said:

When is Qobuz going to get the DNLA working for Mojave?. The Windows 10 version is able to stream to my Lumin D2 just fine. Mojave does not work at all. Please, get this working.

Hi,

As I said before, we can't do it before we have secure our audio stream.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Hi everyone

I am new to Qobuz and new in this forum, and I have a few questions:

1) Shuffle and playlists: Is there a limit of how many tracks you can have in a playlist before shuffle stops working correctly? 50 tracks? 100?

2) Qobus app for android (apk 5.1.7): With some albums the app change track order (shuffle deactivated).

My over all opinion is that I love Qobuz! Sound quality is excellent, and the jazz - and classical catalogs are impressive!

Regards

On 3/20/2019 at 9:17 AM, mourip said:

So this brings a question to mind...

Roon allows many devices/endpoints and the ability to play from more than one endpoint at the same time with different material.

Given that Qobuz can be accessed via a Roon account how does that work?

I believe that, as with LMS, Qobuz sees only one client on your end: your server, or what is known in the Rooniverse as the core.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

On 3/19/2019 at 8:18 AM, AudioDoctor said:

I have a suggestion for Qobuz...

Rather than removing albums with no warning, how about letting us know which albums you plan on removing from the catalog BEFORE you remove them. I'd be really shocked to learn that you have no warning at all before you remove albums.

I fully agree. Especially when you have like me some longer playlists and suddenly the playlist stops because a title is no longer available. 

The Qobuz Windows desktop and Android apps hang consistently.  When it doesn't hang it's slow to navigate often pausing.

The quality of the high res music is very good, but the presentation isn't there yet.  When only used through Roon it's acceptable because you're not using their interface, but I'm often listening to music at work or on the go, and Roon hasn't allowed streaming outside of the local network yet.

@The Computer Audiophile: album is on both TIDAL and Qobuz within A+3 both play well and with 3 white LED's on ME2)16/44 FLAC the DAC is 24/192.

On TIDAL desktop app the album IS available only in HiFi and plays only one white LED on ME2.

On Qobuz desktop the album is available and is totally corrupted through ME2(almost thought I ruined my speakers) BUT plays fine through Schiit Gungnir!? But is only 16/44.Any idea why that is?

On ROON which takes forever to load and play the album will NOT play at all from Qobuz version no matter how many times you hit 'play now' it plays the TIDAL version but again with only one white LED from ME2.

I am totally confused by the inherent complexity of ROON since integration with Qobuz ie it's ever so slooow loading of it's main page ever so slow in loading albums/playlists and it not playing some albums AT ALL like above.

I just stick with A+3 which virtually never fails to play regardless if you choose TIDAL or Qobuz it decodes MQA with either a blue/green LED and nearly all other material is with 3 white LED's and upsampled from 16/44 or 24/96 to 24/192 and sometimes it even implies that Qobuz is playing an MQA album because I get a blue/green LED when playing from Qobuz( or is that on ROON?)!!??. I hope ver 3.5 will be the same.

I don't think the content though is quite same as found on the TIDAL or Qobuz desktops but it is satisfying for me.

On 3/22/2019 at 1:28 AM, David Craff said:

Hi,

As I said before, we can't do it before we have secure our audio stream.

Regards

When is Qobuz going to work with the Jesus, aka @vortecjr, at Sonore to solve a “simple” problem: making it possible to use Qobuz Connect feature of the excellent iOS Qobuz app to communicate directly and in full hirez capability with Sonore’s sonicorbiter software. The natives are getting restless.

I want to dump Kazoo (Lumin, too), Roon is a waste of cash, since I have no large library to handle, and the Qobuz app rocks.  So why can’t it become compatible with Sonore Rendu products and make for more happy customers of both companies?

That’s not a rhetorical question.  Is there a technical or legal barrier prohibiting such obvious cooperation? Please explain, @David Craff

Thx.

7 hours ago, sockpit said:

When is Qobuz going to work with the Jesus, aka @vortecjr, at Sonore to solve a “simple” problem: making it possible to use Qobuz Connect feature of the excellent iOS Qobuz app to communicate directly and in full hirez capability with Sonore’s sonicorbiter software. The natives are getting restless.

I want to dump Kazoo (Lumin, too), Roon is a waste of cash, since I have no large library to handle, and the Qobuz app rocks.  So why can’t it become compatible with Sonore Rendu products and make for more happy customers of both companies?

That’s not a rhetorical question.  Is there a technical or legal barrier prohibiting such obvious cooperation? Please explain, @David Craff

Thx.

Having it do DLNA makes it compatible with the Rendus and lots of other products besides, in a standards-compliant way.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

46 minutes ago, Jud said:

Having it do DLNA makes it compatible with the Rendus and lots of other products besides, in a standards-compliant way.

Fair enough and to their credit Qobuz have always acknowledged any issues with UPnP/DLNA and their intensions to resolve them.

However, it's been said before, Qobuz have in the past year or so, been oddly silent whenever progress updates are requested for their previously much touted Qobuz Connect feature.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

On 3/28/2019 at 4:52 AM, sockpit said:

That’s not a rhetorical question.  Is there a technical or legal barrier prohibiting such obvious cooperation? Please explain,

Hi,

Hello,

There are no technical barriers to implementing the DLNA protocol on our application. However, we are required to secure our audio flow to our applications and the DLNA protocol is not a secure protocol.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

Hi David,

I believe @sockpit was referring to your in-house  Qobuz Connect feature, not UPnP/DLNA. Qobuz Connect was announced as early as 2014 and was originally supported by a few devices, such as those based on the Microchip JukeBlox Platform:

https://www.sensorsmag.com/components/microchip-announces-qobuz-connect-support-jukeblox-platform

It was hoped other device manufacturers would work with Qobuz in a similar way, but there has been nothing mentioned by Qobuz on Qobuz Connect uptake for several years.

Has the Qobuz Connect feature been abandoned by Qobuz?

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

6 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Hi David,

I believe @sockpit was referring to your in-house  Qobuz Connect feature, not UPnP/DLNA. Qobuz Connect was announced as early as 2014 and was originally supported by a few devices, such as those based on the Microchip JukeBlox Platform:

https://www.sensorsmag.com/components/microchip-announces-qobuz-connect-support-jukeblox-platform

It was hoped other device manufacturers would work with Qobuz in a similar way, but there has been nothing mentioned by Qobuz on Qobuz Connect uptake for several years.

Has the Qobuz Connect feature been abandoned by Qobuz?

John

That was indeed the gist of my question. First, why Sonore has not been able to connect directly to the Qobuz app (beyond their 16/44 airplay simulator) via Qobuz Connect?  Second why the Qobuz app cannot work with the DNLA/MPD output of sonicorbiter.  Third, why I’m getting the sense, talking to the CEO of my DAC manufacturer, a company with a streamer in development and who would like to have Qobuz play nicely with them, that Qobuz is not easy to work with in terms of getting their Connect or DNLA capability to work.  

I’m a big fan of Qobuz, but it’s connectivity needs to rival Spotify’s soon if it wants to gain market share. I say this as someone with no technical chops and a strong desire to connect hirez directly from Qobuz app to my microRendu. How hard can it be fellas?  😈😉

Paging @vortecjr who is a man of few words, and wise as a fox as well as @David Craff.

1 hour ago, sockpit said:

That was indeed the gist of my question. First, why Sonore has not been able to connect directly to the Qobuz app (beyond their 16/44 airplay simulator) via Qobuz Connect?  Second why the Qobuz app cannot work with the DNLA/MPD output of sonicorbiter.  Third, why I’m getting the sense, talking to the CEO of my DAC manufacturer, a company with a streamer in development and who would like to have Qobuz play nicely with them, that Qobuz is not easy to work with in terms of getting their Connect or DNLA capability to work.  

I’m a big fan of Qobuz, but it’s connectivity needs to rival Spotify’s soon if it wants to gain market share. I say this as someone with no technical chops and a strong desire to connect hirez directly from Qobuz app to my microRendu. How hard can it be fellas?  😈😉

Paging @vortecjr who is a man of few words, and wise as a fox as well as @David Craff.

Same goes for the Yamaha Musicast enabled powered speakers I own.  They do Napster, Deezer, Spotify, Sirius, Tidal, and Pandora.  Why is Qobuz apparently so far behind this curve at this relatively late point in the evolution of these services?  Not simply complaining; genuinely seeking a  lay explanation.

In the meantime - let me recommend Audirvana+ for people who want Qobuz to work with UPnP/DLNA.  It may not be everyone's permanent solution, but it does have a free trial.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

29 minutes ago, Jud said:

In the meantime - let me recommend Audirvana+ for people who want Qobuz to work with UPnP/DLNA.  It may not be everyone's permanent solution, but it does have a free trial.

Thanks much.  I own it too.  Am bent on simplicity and just want things to work.  Sorry to sound so impatient.  First world problem, for sure.

@sockpit I would be impatient if it didn't work with my system too, but remember Qobuz is a very small company, with about 60 employees on LinkedIn vs. Tidal's 260 (and Apple's 200 thousand), and under the new ownership their growth costs seem be managed very conservatively unlike their competitors who are bleeding red ink.

Yamaha is actually listed on the Qobuz app partners page, though that may be for specific recent products. Also someone at Qobuz tested MusicCast on a few Yamaha products a couple years ago, but that article is confusing.

DTS Play-Fi is a big one. and they've been in there for about two years, since about the same time Play-Fi was upgraded to handle 24/192. I don't know why it's not listed on the partners page by itself, but it is in many of the products there including Anthem.

I own an Anthem preamp, but I find Play-Fi too clunky so I've been using the LMS plugin for Qobuz, through a Sonore ultraRendu, computers, and Squeezeboxes, and only rely on the official Qobuz apps for single-device use.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.