IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 4/4/2019 at 9:48 PM, Jud said:

Have you clicked the Settings gear wheel toward the upper right and scrolled down the prefs page to find streaming services?

Yes; to no avail.  

I’ve  reverted to the older version —waiting for Beta to be worked out.  I’m a fan of Audirvana so I’m certain it’ll be fine. 

Peter, am listening to QOBUZ (US) via Audirvana + ver 3.4.99.18 just fine. Try to delete the Beta and download the beta again. Perhaps a bad D/L. Has happened to me many times with various software downloads.

Good Luck.

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

19 hours ago, greyscale said:

Peter, am listening to QOBUZ (US) via Audirvana + ver 3.4.99.18 just fine. Try to delete the Beta and download the beta again. Perhaps a bad D/L. Has happened to me many times with various software downloads.

Good Luck.

Thanks.  I have done it now.  

When I hit the "Gear" icon and scroll down to streaming, it shows my Qobuz account properly.   It gives me the option to "Disconnect", so it is connected. 

Yet, where do I visibly see this on the main page of "Tracks, Albums Artists"? 

I know its got to be something seriously easy to spot!  

18 hours ago, greyscale said:

Peter, click on the gear symbol next to the Audirvana banner. Then select Streaming. That is where the Qobuz sign in  is located. THEN Qobuz will appear on the left side panel below Library, favorites.

Have fun.

I have that.  

Where do I find the actual selections (visibly) of my favorites?

in the old version, it was on the left after scrolling down from my library list. 

Thanhs for your patience. 

On 4/7/2019 at 2:01 PM, greyscale said:

Peter, click on the gear symbol next to the Audirvana banner. Then select Streaming. That is where the Qobuz sign in  is located. THEN Qobuz will appear on the left side panel below Library, favorites.

Have fun.

Thanks.  It was there all the time; I just had to move the left boundary in, to reveal it.  Hence, my gratitude towards the patient advisors. 

Is it advisable to delete the original Audirvana ?

36 minutes ago, Peter Hyatt said:

Is it advisable to delete the original Audirvana ?

Things seem to be working just fine with the new version without deleting the old one, so I haven't bothered yet.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 3/8/2019 at 8:26 AM, David Craff said:

This will arrive soon. Here come a screenshot

image.thumb.png.ab42e9ee173d5a9965eada9c1f803685.png

That looks great, and I see it has started to roll out on the Mac app. Hopefully more 'back catalogue' albums will appear like this over time, as well as all new classical releases.

However, I note that this has not yet been implemented on the IOS and Android apps. I hope this will happen since without it the mobile apps are for me, as someone who listens mainly to classical, becoming pretty useless. Can you confirm this is in the works for future mobile updates, David?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Peter Hyatt said:

Thanks, Jud. 

How do you manage the filters? I checked "SoX" on the old version, but do not find it under preferences in the new. 

Also...for anyone--- if you use a good DAC (I am using Hugo 2), do you still use the forced upsampling or let the DAC do its magic?

Hi Peter - further questions should probably go in the Audirvana thread.

The sample rate converter preferences don't show up in Audirvana until you select Forced Upsampling in the preferences page that appears when you (1) click the speaker icon at the bottom right of the main Audirvana page, and (2) click the little arrow that appears with your DAC's name to the left of it after you do (1).

As for whether to use software upsampling - try with and without and see which you like better.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 4/2/2019 at 8:30 AM, left channel said:

Changes include "Displaying Hi-Res logo based on streaming rights only". 

On 4/2/2019 at 10:05 AM, left channel said:

Also re Hi-Res download vs. streaming, over on the slimdevices forum I've posted a request that Michael look for any changes under the hood which may allow the Qobuz plugin LMS to know about this as well.

I'm happy to report that this is now fixed in LMS too! Michael did fast work. Only albums that are actually available for streaming in Hi-Res will have "(Hi-Res)" appended to the title in Squeezebox/Squeezelite/etc. players.

Next I'll ask the developer of UAPP to investigate the same issue. UAPP still displays the Hi-Res Audio logo on any album that can be downloaded in Hi-Res, regardless of streaming rights.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

15 hours ago, GrahamH said:

That looks great, and I see it has started to roll out on the Mac app. Hopefully more 'back catalogue' albums will appear like this over time, as well as all new classical releases.

However, I note that this has not yet been implemented on the IOS and Android apps. I hope this will happen since without it the mobile apps are for me, as someone who listens mainly to classical, becoming pretty useless. Can you confirm this is in the works for future mobile updates, David?

Thanks.

Hi,

All catalog must be appear like this depending of the supplier if they correctly filled in the fields. If not we have to make the update.

This  will arrive soon in our mobil APP.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

6 hours ago, left channel said:

I'm happy to report that this is now fixed in LMS too! Michael did fast work. Only albums that are actually available for streaming in Hi-Res will have "(Hi-Res)" appended to the title in Squeezebox/Squeezelite/etc. players.

Next I'll ask the developer of UAPP to investigate the same issue. UAPP still displays the Hi-Res Audio logo on any album that can be downloaded in Hi-Res, regardless of streaming rights.

Thanks for your help

You can send us that API documentation is updated https://github.com/Qobuz/api-documentation#hi-res-in-api

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

All catalog must be appear like this depending of the supplier if they correctly filled in the fields. If not we have to make the update.

This  will arrive soon in our mobil APP.

Regards

Thanks for the clarification David.

12 hours ago, left channel said:

6 hours ago, David Craff said:

Thanks for your help

You can send us that API documentation is updated https://github.com/Qobuz/api-documentation#hi-res-in-api

Thanks David! The developer of UAPP has solved the problem too. The fix will be in an upcoming update.

Not sure If this is a Qobuz issue. The album "YES The Steve Wilson Remixes" will not play through Audirvana + in either Mac or Windows versions. Will play in Qobuz desktop and App. Are there Albums that for whatever reason cannot be streamed through Audirvana + ?

greyscale

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

1 hour ago, greyscale said:

Not sure If this is a Qobuz issue. The album "YES The Steve Wilson Remixes" will not play through Audirvana + in either Mac or Windows versions. Will play in Qobuz desktop and App. Are there Albums that for whatever reason cannot be streamed through Audirvana + ?

Playing fine for me ... the 16/44 version ... I think the high-res is only avail for purchase . 

9369C0E3-BEE9-434B-A901-412D4BCBF6B6.png

Don, yes I managed to get the album tp play through the Qobuz (mac) app via Airplay. Now If the rights owners would approve Qobuz to sell it, I'd own it.

PS: am using Qobuz US account

Thanks

greyscale

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

49 minutes ago, Daverz said:

Is anyone else having problems with playback skipping forward to the next track?  It's been happening a lot lately.  I'm using the LMS Qobuz app.

That's not happening to me in LMS or the official apps, and I use them all regularly. I haven't seen reports of that in the LMS forum Qobuz plugin thread either. As you're probably planning, if you only see it in LMS then I would post a question there.

It will happen from time to me with LMS as well.  No where near as much as with Tidal though.  Tidal skipped using both LMS and Volumio a few times a night.  Qobuz only once every few days.

Linux issue perhaps?  I've seen it using both the latest versions of Mint and Ubuntu Studio w/ LMS 7.9.2.  It does not seem like any buffers are overflowing or it would happen to me more often.   Seems to me more like random memory corruption or loss of a handshake w/ remote server.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea how much longer Qobuz customers will have to wait for the Qobuz app as well as the web page DNLA/UPnP BETA to be finished and working?. Very annoying to have to use an app such as A+ to listen to music THEN have to switch to the above to purchase the music after paying for the service. Cmon guys, get this going.

greyscale

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.