IGNORED

Amir at ASR claims Uptone won't sell the ISO regen to him...

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

Independent of any measurements, how they are taken, with what, or by whom...

I asked about a return privilege because that would allow me to listen to this device with my DAC, in my system and return it if the rather impressive claims are not met.

As one person noted, there is nothing on the web site stating a return is allowed.  That suggests a lack of confidence in the product.

I guess you didn't read this.

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/iso-regen

"As with all UpTone products, the ISO REGEN is sold with a 30-day, money-back, satisfaction guarantee. So just buy it and try it! "

The Truth Is Out There

6 hours ago, firedog said:

Alex specifically stated he is willing to have third parties evaluate his product and named some of them. 

He said he isn't willing to sell his product to Amir as he feels Amir made out of line (my phrasing) comments about Alex on his forum.  He also said he doesn't care if a third party sends Amir an IsoRegen.

So your point seems moot. 

"Results are results". The question remains, how were they arrived at and what do they mean, if anything. The answer to that question isn't always clear 

I guess we will never know.

The Truth Is Out There

18 minutes ago, jabbr said:

So, assuming this is valid with a larger number of evaluators, a proper measurement would be able to distinguish something that is audible. eg if there are phase error differences that would lend support to the proposition that altering phase error is audible.

That's what the ideal state would be - if measurements such as you and John have proposed (or that @PeterStmay have already done or be contemplating) would turn out to correspond to the blind test preference.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

14 hours ago, Keith_W said:

How ugly this thread has become. It only requires the same protagonists to jump in and all hell breaks loose. This kind of comment: 

... has no place in a community of polite hobbyists. It is nothing more than a groundless vicious personal attack. Even if measurements were available that shows the product doing nothing, it would merely change the remark from a groundless personal attack to a mere personal attack. I would urge the poster to retract his statement and apologize. 

I respect both Alex and Amir, but in this case I have to support Alex's right to choose whom he sells his equipment to. As for Amir - whether or not you agree with him, or what he does, he is always polite and courteous, even to his critics. I just wish that some of his supporters behaved in the same way. 

Oh....it is maybe worse at What's Best Forum.

MacPro 24 GB/8TB / A+ and Pure Music / LAMPIZATOR B7 as Dac and Pre w/volume control / Regen /Intona USB Iso/curious USB / Emotive Audio Sira / PASS Aleph P / D-Sonic M3 600 mono's / MIT / Shunyata Alpha HC, Alpha Digital, Alpha Analogue, Weizhi PR-6 / Exact Power XP15a-4 balanced power distributor / FOCAL Maestro UTOPIA III's in red/black

"In life's final analysis, one's relationship with his Maker is all that really matters."

35 minutes ago, Jud said:

That's what the ideal state would be - if measurements such as you and John have proposed (or that @PeterStmay have already done or be contemplating) would turn out to correspond to the blind test preference.

If the measurements don't correspond to a valid audible difference then they are irrelevant for our purposes here. 

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

59 minutes ago, jabbr said:

So, assuming this is valid with a larger number of evaluators

I have seen it valid on the previous model; much larger number of evaluators.

59 minutes ago, jabbr said:

a proper measurement would be able to distinguish something that is audible

I suggest that "suggest" is a better word here  :)

9 minutes ago, jabbr said:

valid audible difference

but to validate audible difference requires taking blind tests which are flawed according some ( not me ). 

It is is is no win situation. Anyway, reading from Superdad's reply he admitted the measurements would shows spikes in jitter. Can that change the sound? Or can Amir explain why the superior eye test not showing the spikes. 

Again, it all about flavor vs accuracy. 

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

I am starting to think that the measurements this crowd needs is of their eyesight!  From the very first day the ISO REGEN product page went up, my 30-day, money-back-satisfaction guarantee has been right there in bold type in at the top of the page.  

We don't even charge any restock fee as others do, and mostly I look the other way when someone forgets to include all the items or scratches the case of the device.  (We hardly ever get returns so its not a big deal.)

Good grief.

59332a2371e8f_ScreenShot2017-06-03at2_22_03PM.thumb.jpg.7994565a158e83df312bdd8c92265912.jpg

I am glad you added that to your web site.

1 hour ago, mav52 said:

I guess you didn't read this.

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/iso-regen

"As with all UpTone products, the ISO REGEN is sold with a 30-day, money-back, satisfaction guarantee. So just buy it and try it! "

I found the problem:

google "30-day site:uptoneaudio.com" (without the quotes) Look at the number of absolute results that come back. 

The standard of practice is to have  site map, at the least, at the bottom of the page that would include items like support, contact us, returns, etc... So when I mentioned there was no verbiage on returns, I was indeed correct. 

I've been on the site in the past and couldn't find anything about a trial period. It also bears repeating, I'm always up for a get together and try some permutations out. 

8 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Perhaps, you misunderstood what I was getting at. The concept isn't crazy, but it's so far away form the context of this conversation and you also raise it as if to push off responsibility on to Alex, for something you didn't find on your own. In other words, it's a sideshow that would only be brought up by someone who wasn't a fan of someone else. 

No, I'm pointing out that a online retailer is simply missing some site basics. I'm not pushing anything off. I tried the Schitt Wyrd because they list the returns policy for each product on the respective page. It didn't do anything for my Emotiva Stealth DC-1 so it went back. Same with the AQ Jitterbug. I'm thinking the DC-1 isn't powered by the USB bus and the C-Media in it can be externally powered. 

I wanted to try the Uptone Regen awhile ago but didn't see anything about what happens if it didn't do anything for me. Yes I could have called the manufacturer or just deal with an outfit that makes that conspicuous. 

Kudos to Alex/Uptone putting the 30 day MBG on their product page BTW. 

5 minutes ago, plissken said:

No, I'm pointing out that a online retailer is simply missing some site basics. I'm not pushing anything off. I tried the Schitt Wyrd because they list the returns policy for each product on the respective page. It didn't do anything for my Emotiva Stealth DC-1 so it went back. Same with the AQ Jitterbug. I'm thinking the DC-1 isn't powered by the USB bus and the C-Media in it can be externally powered. 

I wanted to try the Uptone Regen awhile ago but didn't see anything about what happens if it didn't do anything for me. Yes I could have called the manufacturer or just deal with an outfit that makes that conspicuous. 

Kudos to Alex/Uptone putting the 30 day MBG on their product page BTW. 

Cool. No worries. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 minutes ago, sdolezalek said:

One of the things I find quite amusing about this whole thread is that, if my memory serves me correctly, a lot of the folks who are taking the "there is no difference unless I can measure it -- science is absolute" stance here are the same ones who have expressed strong dopubts about Climate Change in prior posts on CA.  I guess "opinions" are ok in other areas of science, but audio is such a settled science that there can't possibly be an improvement we can't readily measure...

I am not certain your memory serves you correctly.  On the other hand, it's quite possible I'm the one with the faulty memory. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, Jud said:

I am not certain your memory serves you correctly.  On the other hand, it's quite possible I'm the one with the faulty memory. :)

It isn't a 100% alignement, but you for example, if I remember correctly, are willing to accept the consensus of climate science and stepped up here to say that you clearly hear a difference that the "measurement" addicts seem to suggest cannot exist.  But the folks I was referring to were those on the other side of the equation; skeptics on climate but absolutists here about the science/measurement telling all.

My own view is that unless we pay attention to both (personal observation and science) either one alone can lead us astray. 

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

50 minutes ago, sdolezalek said:

One of the things I find quite amusing about this whole thread is that, if my memory serves me correctly, a lot of the folks who are taking the "there is no difference unless I can measure it -- science is absolute" stance here are the same ones who have expressed strong dopubts about Climate Change in prior posts on CA.  I guess "opinions" are ok in other areas of science, but audio is such a settled science that there can't possibly be an improvement we can't readily measure...

Don't know if I am included in this, but if so, your memory couldn't have served you more incorrectly.

I've never come across an audio phenomenon that I could hear but not measure, although I have seen plenty of measurable differences I was unable to hear.

My belief in the veracity of climate change claims is based upon the data, i.e, multitudes of independent and objective measurements.  The so-called climate skeptics seem to base most of their claims on ad homonym attacks, much like audiophile subjectivists, and tend to be on the take from fossil fuel companies, perhaps in analogy to some subjectivist reviewers.

I have no opinion one way or the other about USB doohickies, but by default I would tend toward the null hypothesis until presented with evidence to the contrary.

On 2017-06-02 at 7:20 PM, Superdad said:

Hogwash Fitz.  This has zero to do with measurements (some of which I already posted).  I explained to Amir why I want nothing to do with him, his agenda, his nastiness, or his money.

(for those who want to know, my reply is here: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?23015-Who-s-buying-the-UpTone-Audio-ISO-REGEN&p=453954&viewfull=1#post453954)

I don't care if he gets a ISO REGEN from someone else.  It just won't be from me.

By the way, I don't hear any drumbeats for measurements of products and devices from all sorts of other firms, either at WBF or at that ASR graveyard Amir presides over with his sycophants.

Wow Alex. Thanks a lot - I learned a bunch of new words in just one posts.

You know words. You have the best words.

Just like this guy:

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)