IGNORED

Amir at ASR claims Uptone won't sell the ISO regen to him...

8 minutes ago, rb2013 said:

We are speaking of measuring PC to DAC output, and you haven't seen my convoluted USB/Ethernet chain...9_9

My USB chain was greatly simplified with the inclusion of the ISO Regen and sounds better then ever.

I look forward to hearing your observations with the ISO Regen.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

14 minutes ago, lmitche said:

While what you say is true, it doesn't address Amir's past behavior and Alex's feelings that he got beat up by Amir and his gang.  At the start Alex and John were very open to working with Amir in the spirit you are suggesting.  Unfortunately things degraded from there and given the history, which anyone can read online,  I fully support Alex in his decision.

I'm familiar with that history...and Amir's original face plant...so let that set the stage.  I have debated Alex many times on other forums and he is a great guy...but can be overly sensitive and lacking in open mindedness.

For example when I first posted about my discovery and listening to the Singxer F-1 (I was the 1st!), he poo-pooed it, commenting on 'those noisy TI isolators'.  Couldn't possibly sound that good and in a condescending manner dismissed my 'enthusiasm'. (HF Regen thread).  Same for the RuR crystek clocks vs the Regen's...

I can sight many examples - most recently on my USAM thread my building and using with each LPS (and my USB chain need three), custom built LT3045 boxes to reduce DC noise to sub 1uv levels.  And boy does it sound good!  His take 'the LT3045 is only meant for boards'.  Give me a break!  Why?  Because Alex has a lot financially at stake and is a great guerilla marketer...I mean look at the products selling/recommended here...how many have a Uptone involvement?  JS-2, Regen, MicroRendu, LPS-1, now the ISO Regen.  Worth more then those $5000 full page ads in Stereophile.  This is why I have not posted my audio gear findings here - too many Uptone fanboys.

And he will guard the 'golden goose' no matter what.  But that can go overboard in terms of sensitivity.

10 minutes ago, lmitche said:

My USB chain was greatly simplified with the inclusion of the ISO Regen and sounds better then ever.

I look forward to hearing your observations with the ISO Regen.

Me too - to replace the RuR.  It won't replace the Startech GB Lan USB devices - as the Startech REX (Ethernet endpoint) has four ports and I play my music files from a SLC mSD card in that GI isolated, ext LPS powered  REX. So for me maybe an incremental improvement in one link of the chain...worth $320?  Don't know.  Once the QC issues are ironed out will give it a go...if he'll sell me one 9_9.  I was not exactly jumping through hoops after trying the JS-2 or LPS-1. 

On 6/5/2017 at 7:15 PM, jtwrace said:

That's true, I don't think everyone would believe them because they can't take their bias out.  That said a manufacture such as UpTone says some very contradicting things.  They started building the REGEN and sold thousands and after I and others asked about measurements the statement from Alex and John was that there isn't any equipment available to measure it and John would build something to do so.  Well, sorry but if that's really the case then the next project should've been to build it and have it peer reviewed (after a patent) before the ISO REGEN and which they then have created a standard for.  Further, showing an "eye pattern" without any sort of technical description of the "what" and "why" is pretty much useless not to mention the constant bashing of how to measure anything.  I simply ask the question of how did anything get designed if it's so hard to measure anything since the equipment isn't available?  

2 minutes ago, lmitche said:

You are being too logical.  This is simple.  

Why would someone who feels he was beaten up, go back to the same place for another beating? I wouldn't, nor do I expect Alex to do the same. There is nothing to be gained.

Once again, see above which has been ignored by @JohnSwenson @Superdad  That tells me a lot.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

10 minutes ago, lmitche said:

You are being too logical.  This is simple.  

Why would someone who feels he was beaten up, go back to the same place for another beating? I wouldn't, nor do I expect Alex to do the same. There is nothing to be gained.

Totally agree...so I wouldn't debate Amir in the 'objectivists' den...but I see how Jkenny is really pummeling Amir on WBF.  No love lost there...Ha!  

Amir will get a ISO Regen and he will test it...that's fact number one.  Number two the 'Streisand' effect - look at this thread - bet is has more views then the ISO Regen appreciation thread.  

Number three look at how Jason handled the Yggy BRUZ 'glitching' issue...and the Yggy is on backorder sales status last I checked...in the end Amir will only convince those who wouldn't buy a ISO Regen or a $49 USB cable - so who cares.

18 minutes ago, rb2013 said:

Totally agree...so I wouldn't debate Amir in the 'objectivists' den...but I see how Jkenny is really pummeling Amir on WBF.  No love lost there...Ha!  

Amir will get a ISO Regen and he will test it...that's fact number one.  Number two the 'Streisand' effect - look at this thread - bet is has more views then the ISO Regen appreciation thread.  

Number three looks at how Jason handled the Yggy BRUZ 'glitching' issue...and the Yggy is on backorder sales status last I checked...in the end Amir will only convince those who wouldn't buy a ISO Regen or a $49 USB cable - so who cares.

Well said, thanks. There is not anything else for me to say here.  See you on USAM, 

Larry

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

And JKenny now has a host of competing products to Alex's.  The Ciunas ISO HUB and ISO SPDIF, ISO DAC.  Posted about these on my USAM thread.  

Using the same Silanna GI chip but with a different PS configuration.  So maybe he is front running Amir there, from testing his new USB gizmos.

Note the interesting comment by Jkenny on his LiPo battery PS:

http://www.ciunas.biz/?utm_campaign=a9ab6ba12d-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_01&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Daily%2BBlog%2Bof%2Bmy%2BNews&utm_term=0_7ccdad00ed-a9ab6ba12d-39550633

How different are they to supercapacitors?

Supercapacitors are capable of delivering very high currents at low noise but they have some drawbacks. The main one is that they are found mostly in 2.5 voltage versions. To output 3.3V, two supercapacitors in series are required & a voltage regulator needed on the output. Our experience is that voltage regulators are inferior sounding compared to direct battery power.

37 minutes ago, marce said:

It is a basic USB hub, they all are pretty basic, used the same chip numerous times. It is pretty standard for these sort of products, and is a pretty basic digital layout. Glad to see they did add proper isolation (something I whinged about personally when these hubs first appeared). I am currently doing a test board for wavefront sensor, 1000+ components and 8 layers... next week I'm back in sunny Winbourne  doing a 14 layer flexi rigid board and later back onto a controller board with well over 2000 components 8 layers (and we have a design with about 20,000 components on!!!), all the previous with selected components as two are life/mission critical and one is to test sensors for space, so all got to be noise free and have the utmost signal integrity... So in the wider world of electronics a USB hub for a professional design team is not a overly complex job...:D

Very interesting stuff, marce.  I am guessing your 20K-component board might not quite fit in the ISO Regen's rather small chassis ;)  (Unless it is using all quite miniaturized SM parts - the ISO Regen has many SM parts, but not all.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

18 minutes ago, rb2013 said:

And JKenny now has a host of competing products to Alex's.  The Ciunas ISO HUB and ISO SPDIF, ISO DAC.  Posted about these on my USAM thread.  

Using the same Silanna GI chip but with a different PS configuration.  So maybe he is front running Amir there, from testing his new USB gizmos.

Note the interesting comment by Jkenny on his LiPo battery PS:

http://www.ciunas.biz/?utm_campaign=a9ab6ba12d-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_01&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Daily%2BBlog%2Bof%2Bmy%2BNews&utm_term=0_7ccdad00ed-a9ab6ba12d-39550633

Has he shown any measurements of his stuff?

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

5 of us worked on it, it was a experimental sensor array for a portable X-ray machine, so mostly sensor arrays, with 8 FPGA blocks for the sensor sections... impedance controlled length matched... it destroyed many a sensitive mind.

Most boards these days are mostly SMD parts, ranging from the 0.127mm pitch SOICs, still the favourite choice for analogue layouts where space allows, down to 0.4mm pitch BGA's with 0201 caps between the pins. To me it doesn't make much difference I just zoom in on the screen (age has taken its toll on my eyesight though, I can barely see the finished boards without a magnifying glass these days.)

Got any close ups of the ISO regen board?

Are people for real on this thread? If FR and jitter graphs were the sum of SQ, there are a million sub-$100 DACs on AliExpress we all need to own. An iPhone would compete with an Analog.

Isn't it common knowledge that USB signals are measured with eye patterns?

15 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

Has he shown any measurements of his stuff?

None that I've seen.  I'm more interested in a listening test faceoff: RuR vs ISO Regen VS ISO HUB, maybe that very expensive SOtM box.

This is how I've gone about building the best audio source chain I've heard in 30yrs.  Same amp, speaker, cables, DAC - just focus on the link between the PC server and the DAC.  Over many months 40 different DDC's and gizmos, Ethernet AES67, USB, USB/Ethernet extenders...trail and error.  Multiple combinations and PS variations...listening for SQ changes and hopefully improvements.  And I feel I've hit major pay dirt.  Sound quality that is absolutely stunning. For me the major shock after 20yrs+ with building a near sota analog rig -this SQ has come from the most unexpected of places - USB audio!  Who would have thunk.

14 hours ago, rickca said:

Why not just use PM?  I don't care who you ignore.  I agree with what you said about not quoting an entire post.  This is the same idea, avoid thread clutter.

@The Computer Audiophile do you get a notification if someone puts you on ignore?  That would be a solution if it doesn't already work that way.

Because you'll get a lot more pleasure out of punishing someone in public...feel empowered.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)