IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/70374166

Translated summary: 

Outline:

For your convenience, here is an overview of the major deeds of this bad company:

------ 1. Geek Wave, a crowdfunding million-dollar player, has so far been silent

------ 2. The core product Da Vinci has a yield rate of nearly 0% and cannot be resolved after sale

------ 3. Routines were spotted in the US hifi circle, one shot for another place, the target turned to the Chinese market

------ 4. Earplug stella relies on plagiarism, exhibition design plagiarizes other company's creativity

------ 5. Arrears in arrears, deduction of employees' wages, old habits

Seems the Da Vinci was a complete dud with a 100% failure rate. If only everyone had known this years ago.

2 hours ago, LHCommSquad said:

No, I just simply didn't bill them.

This is preposterous. Typical LH Labs bullshit. Nobody works for free. And they certainly wouldn't work for free, claiming to represent a company that can;t even show their face.

This reminds me of a piece on American Greed, where this young age man somehow bought a number of small insurance companies in Southern states. He then took all the assets and spent tens of millions buying luxury homes and high end sport cars. When they finally caught up to him, he was afraid to face the music and his mother had to go to court with him.

8 hours ago, LHCommSquad said:

No, I just simply didn't bill them.

Thanks for the explanation.

How about the question I asked you before: Do you have any concern that someone newly coming to this thread who sees Stuck Limo posting comments that are in agreement with what LHCommSquad says would be misled by not knowing that both are the same person?

On 12/20/2019 at 11:20 PM, Currawong said:

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/70374166

Translated summary: 

Seems the Da Vinci was a complete dud with a 100% failure rate. If only everyone had known this years ago.

That information you are repeating is false. LH's Chinese office is aware of that post/page from 6 months ago, and it was already addressed in the Chinese market. The information came from a bad actor in Shanghai. The fail rate in the world market is is actually extremely low and we've sold 10 in China this year alone. We only have one in the office right now, swapping from a 120v to a 240v and that customer is actually thinking about upgrading to a Mk II version. Thanks.

jsiegel funny you mention massdrop. I picked  up their Rdac and it only took a few months. Granted it shouldn't be on the same level as the VI tube but, how would  i know since i haven't  heard the Vi tube.  

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, Innous Zen MKIII, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable. 

44 minutes ago, jsiegel said:

It is amazing how many products were unfinished. 

If they had been finished he could have teamed up with a chinese manufacturer or Drop (MassDrop) to execute production.  Instead we have a few sample products in the wild that are reported to have sort of worked at one time. 

It would be nice to know how the "money" was spent. 

Did he get caught in the "we can make it still better" spiral?

Did he lose interest in each project before the troubling "production" details were finished?

Did the prototypes prove unproducible or way over production "budget"?

It seems that one project could have been finished with the 3-5 million and it would have funded the company thru each product in turn.  

Schiit Audio has boot strapped a very successful company in the same state with currently 29 products and have evolved/discontinued another dozen products in the same time we have waited for larry to finish one.   And Schiit didn't have the "benefit" of pre selling 10 products to get the cycle started.

Indiegogo should share some blame in keeping their 10% with no follow up.

WRT the 'make it better' spiral.   I am stuck in that mode right now...  However, I haven't taken anybody's money while witholding the product.   I sure hope that grown-up developers realize that the only time that the developer can allow themselves to get caught in that spiral for an extended time is when they are working as a  hobbiest and not a professional.  Sometimes, I have been funded to do 'research' -- but most of the time, there is a focus towards a product.

By the time that a developer accepts someone elses money, they had BETTER have control over the development.

Kind of embarassing for that 'team' who took the money -- none of this is 'rocket science'.    If there is a risk of losing a critical developer (there almost always is), some kind of preparation for plan B is a good idea.   Also, key-man insurance and other kinds of back-ups are a good thing to consider.   When in that kind of situation where I am a key-person, just as a matter of respect, I have tried to help plan for back up.  One time, things did crash on me (health), and I feel intensly sad about the situation.   Being prepared is so important when money is involved.

From what I can gather, enough money was probably accepted to actually produce SOMETHING.   Obviously, something really badly went wrong (obviously -- long discussion in this forum), and an investigation (legal) would be apprporiate.   Simply trying to find the problem and make an example of the guilty parties might be good, or maybe just better understanding the problems would make the 'investors' feel more comfortable.   (My dad got taken in by something similar/with a different structure, and mistakenly didn't get equity for his investment...  Still not 100% sure if they were actually crooks.)

John

3 minutes ago, John Dyson said:

From what I can gather, enough money was probably accepted to actually produce SOMETHING

At least a couple of projects were fully funded within a few weeks (if that long), and quickly collected large multiples of their stated goals, meaning at an early date they had use of more money than they said they needed. And in some cases, the products were produced - not for backers, but sold commercially. LHL claims at one and the same time that funding for the commercially sold products was independent, and that production of the backers’ products that have already been paid for depends on sales of the commercial products.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, jsiegel said:

It is amazing how many products were unfinished. 

If they had been finished he could have teamed up with a chinese manufacturer or Drop (MassDrop) to execute production.  Instead we have a few sample products in the wild that are reported to have sort of worked at one time. 

It would be nice to know how the "money" was spent. 

Did he get caught in the "we can make it still better" spiral?

Did he lose interest in each project before the troubling "production" details were finished?

Did the prototypes prove unproducible or way over production "budget"?

It seems that one project could have been finished with the 3-5 million and it would have funded the company thru each product in turn.  

Schiit Audio has boot strapped a very successful company in the same state with currently 29 products and have evolved/discontinued another dozen products in the same time we have waited for larry to finish one.   And Schiit didn't have the "benefit" of pre selling 10 products to get the cycle started.

Indiegogo should share some blame in keeping their 10% with no follow up.

Interesting article. I called and emailed Indiegogo while the LH campaign was going on, to inform them that this seemed like fraud. I even trolled the Indiegogo CEO on Twitter. They did absolutely nothing. They do not care. I was so outspoken about it everywhere, that my money(thousands) was refunded. I was lucky. I will never participate on anything on Indiegogo again. Hopefully new laws will prevent this from happening.

On 12/22/2019 at 5:01 PM, LHCommSquad said:

That information you are repeating is false. LH's Chinese office is aware of that post/page from 6 months ago, and it was already addressed in the Chinese market. The information came from a bad actor in Shanghai. The fail rate in the world market is is actually extremely low and we've sold 10 in China this year alone. We only have one in the office right now, swapping from a 120v to a 240v and that customer is actually thinking about upgrading to a Mk II version. Thanks.

So what is the failure rate?

1 minute ago, Jud said:

At least a couple of projects were fully funded within a few weeks (if that long), and quickly collected large multiples of their stated goals, meaning at an early date they had use of more money than they said they needed. And in some cases, the products were produced - not for backers, but sold commercially. LHL claims at one and the same time that funding for the commercially sold products was independent, and that production of the backers’ products that have already been paid for depends on sales of the commercial products.

What you described that they did -- almost definitely someone did something really wrong (like theft.)   If I had skin in the game, would be incredibly angry along with being incredulous -- wondering what-the-hell?   I know ZERO about the legal system.  I realize that there is probably no-way to 'punish', and probably no-way for the 'customers' to be at least somewhat compensated or at least meaningful apology, but it smells SOOOOO bad.  'My bad' is not good enough...  It is a regrettable/frustrating situation for sure.

John