IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

I don't understand why people seem to feel a need to speculate. What we know occurred is certainly bad enough. Such speculation only gives LH/L or their representatives fodder for acting as if they're the ones who've been wronged. Let's not do that.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

13 hours ago, m17xr2b said:

I'm not angry because of the the failed campaign, I could have delt with it, I'm angry because you asshats took 300$ more from me a year later after the campaing for an upgrade and would have done so again a year later when I was pondering upgrading to the ViDac even though inside everyone knew nothing was moving and was a pure scam.  

I can understand your anger as I was hoodwinked into paying a considerable amount of money for international shipping of a ViDac that didn't exist. This also occurred outside the main campaign and well down the track, at a time when ViDacs could have been being produced. Apparently I was not the only person who paid their 'cost of shipping'. I have no idea how much was collected.

What did we pay that money for? I really can't see that there's any way to describe what went on other than to call it theft.

5 hours ago, seeteeyou said:

Gotta love 'em when they're funding the development of yet another $60K DAC with crowdfunding dollars

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/taiko-audio-sgm-extreme-the-crème-de-la-crème.27433/page-126#post-620410

Larry Ho is simply following his good ol' plan: manufacture something really good and expensive so he can sell affordable stuff (in our case, so he can rip us off with affordable stuff that was never delivered).

Now he wants to screw over our fellow audiophiles in Asia. Same guy. Same plan.

On 1/5/2020 at 8:17 PM, Currawong said:

While I cannot speak for anything Jarek has done regarding anything else, I confirmed last night, and I can say for absolutely certain that the only reason posts were deleted in that thread on HF were due to a strict policy of not allowing discussion of legal matters.   While I might wish that they'd relax that policy in this instance, they wont.   

I can't help to wonder why Head-Fi would not act in their own best self interest. Why isn't Head-Fi protecting their own business interests? (Game Theory)

Larry Ho has caused some severe damage to audio high end businesses, but mostly, to those who legitimately profit from advertisement. This is a major multi-million fiasco that has put a dent in our collective level of trust. Low trust is horrible for business, and when businesses don't do well the first thing they do is cut on advertisement expenses. 

So it is a big mystery to me why the owner(s) of Head-Fi are not allowing us to single out and expose Larry Ho. This is not a vendetta. This is a matter of rebuilding trust by seeking justice. 

There is a good chance that Head-Fi's lack of interest will have a boomerang effect. We are small community and many will resent the fact that they are purposely not helping us (their "policy"could be easily adjusted by one little email from their director). 

Just think about this: Jarek (a proven pathological liar) loves and talks good things about Head-fi. How twisted that is! 

While legal matters aren't allowed, general sentiments about LHL abound and it's well understood that 'buyer beware'.

It's sort of a shame, because I feel headfi should be in support of the community of enthusiasts (consumers) above all other stakeholders.  They have a banned list of manufacturers, and we're not even allowed to discuss those products, let alone link to them.  Why they haven't placed LH on this list is baffling.

17 hours ago, bernardperu said:

Larry Ho is simply following his good ol' plan: manufacture something really good and expensive so he can sell affordable stuff (in our case, so he can rip us off with affordable stuff that was never delivered).

Now he wants to screw over our fellow audiophiles in Asia. Same guy. Same plan.

Gotta love how the justify it by saying  LH Labs and Light Harmonic are two different companies and don’t have anything to do with each other. 
Both are run by the same fraud and scammer Larry Ho. They can change their name as much as the like, Larry is still nothing but a scammer

6 hours ago, buonassi said:

While legal matters aren't allowed, general sentiments about LHL abound and it's well understood that 'buyer beware'.

It's sort of a shame, because I feel headfi should be in support of the community of enthusiasts (consumers) above all other stakeholders.  They have a banned list of manufacturers, and we're not even allowed to discussing those products, let alone link to them.  Why they haven't placed LH on this list is baffling.

I wouldn't use their forum. Period. 

On 1/8/2020 at 8:20 AM, OutSider said:

Gotta love how the justify it by saying  LH Labs and Light Harmonic are two different companies and don’t have anything to do with each other. 
Both are run by the same fraud and scammer Larry Ho. They can change their name as much as the like, Larry is still nothing but a scammer

how can they be "separate" companies when Light harmonic ended up with the crowd funded designs:

http://lightharmonic.com/source-pro-music-server/

9 minutes ago, jsiegel said:

how can they be "separate" companies when Light harmonic ended up with the crowd funded designs:

http://lightharmonic.com/source-pro-music-server/

They aren’t. It’s just a way to distract people. It’s the same way “people” like to put blame on Casey and Gavin. It’s just a distraction.

The Source is a POS anyways, nothing more then an overpriced paperweight.

Mine hasn’t worked since the day I got it.

1 hour ago, k-man said:

From their website:

I think they need some small print here, otherwise this is false advertising.

8F6542AC-91CE-4512-9E5E-67D8CECFE269.jpeg

About as much chance of Daft Punk playing in your living room as actually receiving a unit! 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Have any of you used the IEM-X headphones with other devices?  Since we don't have our Wave players, I was thinking about getting the FiiO M11.  I ran across an adapter on amazon that appears to convert the LH Labs' 3.5mm balanced IEM-X to a 4.4 balanced that would then work with the M11.  
https://www.amazon.com/Geekria-Balanced-Gold-Plated-NW-ZX300A-TA-ZH1ES/dp/B075165H2M/ 

Do you guys think that would work? 

(and any thoughts on the M11 or other recommendations would be appreciated).  

If I should post this in a different forum, let me know.

Jeremie 

temp.jpg

----------

jlariviere

Favorite Headphones AKG K99 or 

Earbuds (best for what they are): Shure SE215

In some way I feel a bit sorry for Larry Ho. Yes he was a part owner of LHLabs, but he was just the designer. It was Gavin Fish who was running the day to day operations of LHLabs and who burned through all the money with his poor business competency. So if you want to attack someone for losing your money, he bears far more responsibility than Larry.

Because Larry decided to try and save the LHlabs name, and deliver the product in a piecemeal fashion with whatever extra funds he makes from Light Harmonic, it has kept him as a focal point for the attacks, while Gavin has gotten out of it scott free.

I appear to‘ve lost posting privileges in the relevant Head-Fi thread for the time being at least (to be fair, I did link back here to news of a pending legal complaint, which can be seen as a violation of their posting guidelines), where yet another supposedly near-final, near-production Wave rendering has been posted.

Someone's noted that the renderings don't show an SD card slot, without which the Wave would be useless.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 1/1/2020 at 9:33 PM, noshortcuts said:

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

Email CC to post this as a thread banner like in Rajiv's thread - I sent him a msg via report post on it this am

17 hours ago, Jud said:

I appear to‘ve lost posting privileges in the relevant Head-Fi thread for the time being at least (to be fair, I did link back here to news of a pending legal complaint, which can be seen as a violation of their posting guidelines), where yet another supposedly near-final, near-production Wave rendering has been posted.

Someone's noted that the renderings don't show an SD card slot, without which the Wave would be useless.

It is expected to magically appear below the buttons.  Even though this is the "final" drawing.

image.thumb.png.a42804fb42f0a253f5d17cf50cdcbc6c.png

of course we have heard this before:

FAQ: Why Geek Wave project took so long?
Modified on: Sun, 17 Sep, 2017 at 5:54 AM

Stage 6/ RC1: This is the current stage we are now. PCB fabrication is done of Release Candidate 1. And PCBA is scheduled to be done before the end of this month. We will have an updated Gantt Chart for the details in the other article.

Yes. The whole project took several detours of fundamental platform or CPU changing. Also, in order to get the best performance, we didn't compromise to use existing Android systems or leverage some platform designed for Android phones. These are the few key factors that played in schedule delay. If we could go back in time, we definitely will skip few wasted steps and go to the conclusion we have now. Saving time is to save cost. So we truly believe LH Labs' members are just like all backers, we are eager to finish this project without cut corners.

Currently, we have Larry and Matt/Gerber boy working on the final hardware changes if needed. We have Craig and two to work on high level software and user interface. Jessy is in middleware layer and display driver. Lan and his team is on the Operation System level and audio output software optimization. We just recruited another good hardware manufacturer project manager/leader in Asia that will come on board in early Nov. Our production leader, Sandi will work with him hand in hand to make production cycle smooth.

We really want to express our most sincere thanks for you great patience and understanding. We will keep pushing to finish this project. Like the other 13 projects we did before. This one is big and this one is tough. But we will make it.

I especially like :"Like the other 13 projects we did before"