IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blake said:

Who could forget Gavin?  

In case you miss him- HEY FOLKS, IT'S LENDI!!  Please send all your audio gear to him and he will take care of the rest.  What could go wrong

LH and Light Harmonic have the same initials as Larry Ho. He is the only stakeholder as far as we know. Furthermore, Larry Ho continues to sell audio products designed and built with the enormous sum he took from us. 

I understand if people are angry and feel like picking on Gavin. After all, he was Larry’s front man (a smart marketing move for reasons that may be inappropriate to bring up on this forum). 

I need to join the complaint.   I will go back and take a look .

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, Innous Zen MKIII, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable. 

23 hours ago, Blake said:

As a refresher for those joining our complaint, you can easily find the details concerning your Indiegogo campaign contributions by logging on to your Indiegogo account. 

After logging in to your account, in the upper right-hand corner you will see your account name and when you click on it you will see a pull-down menu with "My Campaigns" and "My Contributions" options. You can then see the amounts and dates of your LH Labs product contributions.

Use this information to fill in the details where noted for our Complaint.

I second this approach, too, with one remark:
Pls mention only the sum in the Consent doc for devices you HAVEN'T received yet!

Hence you should know for sure what you have already received and what not! 

Hate to see @bernardperu and others going through this, specially since the amounts are significant. Good luck with that. Sorry to ask, but, I remember hearing that  Kickstarter and IndieGogo are not exactly.. hmm not sure how to put it...  your are not buying anything... is kind of like an investment... so I have heard that people  that get stuck in failed campaigns,  are not owed anything and should treat it like investment losses - is that accurate? I hope is not the case, but if its, at least from now on, I won't even consider putting money in those kind of things - I actually considered and almost put money on LH products - glad I did not.

v

53 minutes ago, vmartell22 said:

Hate to see @bernardperu and others going through this, specially since the amounts are significant. Good luck with that. Sorry to ask, but, I remember hearing that  Kickstarter and IndieGogo are not exactly.. hmm not sure how to put it...  your are not buying anything... is kind of like an investment... so I have heard that people  that get stuck in failed campaigns,  are not owed anything and should treat it like investment losses - is that accurate? I hope is not the case, but if its, at least from now on, I won't even consider putting money in those kind of things - I actually considered and almost put money on LH products - glad I did not.

v

Generally, it is true that you run the risk of nondelivery with crowdfunding, but there are limits on how much accountability campaigners can avoid when they act in bad faith, fraudulently, or in violation of fair business practices statutes.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

55 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

Generally, it is true that you run the risk of nondelivery with crowdfunding, but there are limits on how much accountability campaigners can avoid when they act in bad faith, fraudulently, or in violation of fair business practices statutes.

There have been and are also some statements in connection with campaigns at both sites with regard to refunds in the event of nondelivery.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, vmartell22 said:

v

IGG imposes terms of service on the Campaign Owner (in this case LH Labs).  LH Labs breached pretty much every term of service.  LH Labs and Larry Ho used IGG as a vehicle to steal funds from contributors:

As a Campaign Owner, when you create a Campaign on the Site and ask for Contributions, you understand that you are entering into separate legal agreements with both Indiegogo and with Contributors, and the following rules apply (in addition to the all other Terms and Additional Policies).

• Campaign Owner Obligations

Please remember that as a Campaign Owner, you are solely responsible for fulfilling the obligations of your Campaign and delivering Perks. If you are unable to perform on this, or any of your other legal obligations, you may be subject to legal action by Contributors.

1. Make good faith efforts to fulfill the Perks associated with a Campaign in the timeframe that is communicated to Contributors.
    2. Immediately notify Contributors if there are obstacles or delays.
    3. Be responsive. Respond promptly and truthfully to all questions posed by Contributors.
    4. Updates. Provide substantive and quality updates at least once a month to Contributors.
    5. If you have received the Contributions from your Campaign, issue refunds to Contributors if you cannot deliver Perks.
    6. Comply with Laws. Comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the use of Contributions and delivery of Perks.
    7. Respect Privacy. When you use the Services by creating a Campaign, you may receive information about other Users, including personally identifiable information (“PII”), such as names, e-mail addresses, and physical addresses. This information is provided to you purely for the purpose of fulfilling the Perks for the applicable Campaign and other Services, and may not be used for other purposes, including cross-promotional marketing, without separate, verifiable consent from the User. You will maintain, and be required to produce if requested, records of all such verifiable consent.
      1. Comply with EEA Data Controller Obligations. As a Campaign Owner, you (and Indiegogo) will independently fulfill all duties required of data controllers under applicable EEA data protection law (such law shall include, but not be limited to, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”); (iii) the EU e-Privacy Directive (Directive 2002/58/EC), including subsequent variations, such as the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the respect for private life and the protection of personal data in electronic communications and repealing Directive 2002/58/EC (“ePrivacy Regulation”), if enacted).
      2. Your data controller duties include:
        1. Determining and qualifying the necessary legal basis or bases for your collection or processing of personal information;
        2. Managing and reporting security incidents;
        3. Transfers;
        4. Entering into contracts only with data processors that provide adequate protections for personal data and including appropriate contractual language;
        5. Maintaining records of your data processing activities;
        6. Conducting any required data protection impact assessments; and
        7. Implementing and maintaining all measures required pursuant to Article 32 of the GDPR.
      3. Respond to EEA Data Subject Requests. You and Indiegogo will have an independent obligation to respond to any requests received by either of us from EEA data subjects regarding personal data, including without limitation, those set forth in Chapter III of the GDPR. The party that receives the data request is responsible for responding to the request. Campaign Owner and Indiegogo shall reasonably cooperate and assist each other with these requests, to the extent that is legally permissible.
    8. Service Fees. Campaign Owners are charged a Service Fee as a portion of the Contributions they raise (the "Service Fees"). The Service Fees are effective on the date that the Service Fees are posted, and may be updated from time to time. Service Fees will be charged at the then-current rate.
    9. Taxes. Taxing authorities may classify Contributions as taxable income to the Campaign Owner and any beneficiary who will receive funds directly from the applicable Campaign. Indiegogo may ask for the tax identification number (TIN) of Campaign Owners and any beneficiaries so that We may report taxable income to the relevant taxing authorities. Indiegogo will provide Campaign Owners with a tax document if required by the relevant taxing authorities. Indiegogo is unable to provide any User or third party with tax advice and suggests that such Users or third parties consult with tax advisors of their choice.
    10. Indiegogo Reserves the Right to Withhold Funds. Campaign Owners should not assume that they will receive Contributions made to a Campaign even after the Campaign has ended and the fundraising goal has been reached. There may be a delay between the end of a Campaign and Our remittance of Contributions to a Campaign Owner for a number of reasons including, but not limited to, refunds, chargeback disputes, fraud, Terms or other policy violations, or any other situation. For example, Indiegogo may withhold Contributions made to a Campaign if the Campaign Owner violates any Terms (as determined by Indiegogo in its sole discretion). Indiegogo may also seek reimbursement from a Campaign Owner by any other lawful means, including by using third-party collection services.
    11. Refunds. Indiegogo offers a limited refund to Contributors in accordance with Our Refund Policy. Refunds outside of Our Refund Policy must be handled by the Campaign Owner, and Indiegogo has no obligation to provide any refunds or become involved with any dispute between a Campaign Owner and Contributor. Indiegogo reserves the right to terminate User Accounts and remove Campaigns for any abuse of the Refund Policy. Indiegogo reserves its right to issue refunds at its own discretion outside of the Refund Policy.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC