IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

21 minutes ago, Jud said:

By the way, though it’s not at all relevant to the LHL situation, I believe Alex’s position as UpTone principal is that he will not take orders until the product has been thoroughly tested and all parts are shipping or on hand.

In that case, I'm unsure what the point of going to crowdfunding would be. He's doing a pre-order in that case, which essentially negates the point of being on a crowdfunded platform or taking money from crowdfunding.

LH Labs would have nothing to do with ruining Alex's crowdfunding opportunity if that were the case. ^

Regarding Alex being a customer, he has never identified himself as one, reached out to me as one, or anything else that normal customers do to get their items or repair work done. He's just hung out at the forum and taken shots at us incognito, as it were.

42 minutes ago, brucknerdoc said:

First, tacky to take cheap shots referring to "family"...

That wasn't a cheap shot. He runs a family business, right? I would assume he discusses business with (at least) his wife + any other team members/family/subordinates he employs. Even if his wife doesn't work with the company, he runs the business out of his home. I'm SURE he brings the work home with him and discusses with her things about the business. That's perfectly normal and to be expected and I would never take a shot at a business for being a family owned business.

25 minutes ago, Jud said:

That’s right. He didn’t complain you ruined crowdfunding for him specifically, but that you blew a giant hole in its credibility for any startup audio company that might want to use it.

Ah, then LHL has accurate records of all that stuff?

I believe when Alex’s unit gave up the ghost, it may have been after the time that LHL said it no longer had an operating repair or customer service function. And from what I’ve read, the repair function was essentially not operating long before that was admitted.

Again, I see startup companies on IGG all the time for audio. Radsone wasn't impacted, and they  have a great product. I specifically remember Alex speaking about looking into the possibility of kickstarters, but I'd have to trawl through the messages to find it, and I'm not really sure I'm that invested in that matter. Alex can do a kickstarter if he wants, or not. Others can do a kickstarter if they want, or not. I would advise against it, honestly.

We try to keep accurate records.

Very possible on Alex's unit, depending on what he had.

34 minutes ago, LHCommSquad said:

Others can do a kickstarter if they want, or not. I would advise against it, honestly

Pono did a fine job on theirs. I’ve enjoyed my player for years, still works great. Not difficult for competent people.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

17 minutes ago, spyderman said:

Mr. Uptone, AKA Superdad,

I installed a Uptone Regen, that feeds clean power, and USB signal to a DROP Grace Design SDAC Balanced, and a DROP Cavalli Liquid Carbon X HPA. What a difference in SQ! Please continue the R&D EXCELLENCE.

LHCommSquad, How many positive feedback posts have you seen extolling the greatness of lhlab products?

Actually we've had a lot of positive feedback and we've had a lot of negative feedback. Unsure what your point is or how it fits into this particular discussion. Some people love us and actively seek to buy our products still. Others don't like us and don't seek to buy our products. Just like any other company. I can tell you there are some reviews out there who preferred the Revive to Uptone's offering. Maybe there are reviews which don't. Just like any other company in any other business.

12 minutes ago, stuck limo said:

Actually we've had a lot of positive feedback and we've had a lot of negative feedback. Unsure what your point is or how it fits into this particular discussion. Some people love us and actively seek to buy our products still. Others don't like us and don't seek to buy our products. Just like any other company. I can tell you there are some reviews out there who preferred the Revive to Uptone's offering. Maybe there are reviews which don't. Just like any other company in any other business.

5 minutes ago, spyderman said:

The point of discussion is that Uptone is a viable company that has product available for purchase and delivery.

Uptone is the REAL COMPANY! IMO

No one has ever denied that, at least from our camp. If you have Uptone products, I hope you enjoy them. I wish Alex and his customers all the best and happiness while listening to music. And I'm certain Larry and the rest of LHL/LH would agree with me.

For anyone wishing to seek Uptone Audio information, here is the link: https://uptoneaudio.com/

15 minutes ago, LHCommSquad said:

‘Some people love us and actively seek to buy our products still’. Absurd.....again, troll...and not well at that.

Another take. Good, you have cash flow. Refund the damn $ I sent years ago. Better yet, send me their address  and I’ll send them (on me) a POS Pulse (door stop) as a thank you for funding my refund. 

3 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

but the ones who sent you money seem to hate you

Some do. Some don't. One customer sent the entire office gift cards last year for Christmas. Others enjoy their products (Steve in Illinois) but express disappointment over the direction of the company. It really depends on who the customer is and their personal experience. I gave two people some spare V2+ units and they are in love with them. I hear from other people who have defective products and they aren't happy. I hear from other people they love the sound of their gear (when it works). I hear from others who have never had problems and love the sound. Again, it just depends on the customer, their unit, and their personal experience.

Wow, what an absolute and utter fraud this company is. Mind boggling. Perhaps in the future you can get a certain orange faced one to hock your invisible wares. Con men all think alike - only about themselves first, second, and last.  

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

7 minutes ago, Superdad said:

That is not true.  I did identify myself as both an original GeekOut backer and a Geek Pulse buyer.  Here is a snap I just took of the barely working Geek Pulse that took me several months to have LH Labs agree to fix right after I received it. And still neither the level control nor the Toslink input work on it.  I leave it on my desk to check USB connectivity with ISO REGENs and to play with some desktop speakers.

P1090294.JPG.66d74d64b17ee9e3315190139bcba71f.JPG

If you talked about that, I missed it. If you would like your unit repaired (hopefully correctly), PM me your details and we can see what can be done. I already talked to Larry about it and he said the office can work on that.