On 5/6/2020 at 12:00 AM, austinpop said:

my favorite is still the out of print 2003 SACD of Zofia Kilanowicz with the composer himself conducting. http://lipinskisound.com/products/sacd-lrf-105-gorecki-/

I also haven't heard about this one yet, thanks!

On 5/6/2020 at 5:46 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

az.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 10.43.40 PM.png

A tasty one! I also take a bite of it from time to time.

BTW this music fascination in my case started when I was 8 or 9 with recording (on cassettes) of a single Beatles song they played everyday on the radio at 7:10 am! The first song I had recorded was 'Chains'.

You just can't forget things like that! :D

(nowadays it's all just too easy..;))

4 hours ago, ray-dude said:

image.thumb.png.9663e1121cd163d8431f81b4b3e58f15.png

Another old friend dropped by for a visit today!

Oh man forgot about this one. A long time favorite. Digging it out tonight (or in the very early morning). 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

On 12/25/2014 at 4:48 AM, accwai said:

El Cant de la Sibil·la

Montserrat Figueras, La Capella Reial de Catalunya, Jordi Savall

0884385733568_300.jpg

Song of the Sibyl in Latin, Provençal and Catalan.

I second that. Absolutely wonderful music and recording!

Volumio (with PEQ) on RPi4, Khadas Tone Board DAC, Luxman L-230 amp, Rega RS5 speakers

16 hours ago, firedog said:

Somehow got into a run of listening to 50 year old stuff.

I remember the first time I saw "Imagine" in a record store. I really wanted it, but didn't have the $4.99 (about $31 today) in my pocket needed to buy it.

Today I have about 10 different versions. Life can be good sometimes. 

folder.jpg

I was right with you in not being able to afford it when it was released. And I own 8 different versions now, including the latest box set. Life can indeed be good, but what you pay for that is never easy.

JC