16 hours ago, firedog said:

Somehow got into a run of listening to 50 year old stuff.

I remember the first time I saw "Imagine" in a record store. I really wanted it, but didn't have the $4.99 (about $31 today) in my pocket needed to buy it.

Today I have about 10 different versions. Life can be good sometimes. 

folder.jpg

I was right with you in not being able to afford it when it was released. And I own 8 different versions now, including the latest box set. Life can indeed be good, but what you pay for that is never easy.

JC

Available as a flac download at his site.  I found Giveton Gelin through a review posted by Nate Chinen.  The influence of Roy Hargrove is undeniable.  Toss him $9.00 and enjoy!

My SO told me she hated Frank Sinatra because she didn't like the sound of his voice... That is until tonight when she heard him played through my headphone system and heard his voice in all its subtlety and detail.  She said that Frank sings with a monotone drone every other time she has heard him and she didn't like it at all.

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 9.12.40 PM.png

No electron left behind...

And one more, a new one this time, and also fantastic. I've just reviewed it on my blog: https://musicophilesblog.com/2020/05/10/a-wonderful-new-chopin-concerto-recording-by-benjamin-grosvenor/

Streaming 16/44 from Qobuz, but about to click on the "buy" button.

beq66raag5y1a_600.jpg

This album reminds me of sitting in the den with my Dad on a Saturday evening listening to The Jazz Image on Minnesota Public Radio. Leigh Kammon would play this album in the background behind his soothing voice in-between the songs.

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 12.27.26 AM.png

38 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

Sure, she likes it now that you've played it for her on your Grand Canyon system! Grand Funk Railroad might sound good on THAT stuff! 

JC

It's just a large eroded area...

On 5/10/2020 at 10:16 AM, AudioDoctor said:

My SO told me she hated Frank Sinatra because she didn't like the sound of his voice... That is until tonight when she heard him played through my headphone system and heard his voice in all its subtlety and detail.  She said that Frank sings with a monotone drone every other time she has heard him and she didn't like it at all.

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 9.12.40 PM.png

So hard to find good digital Sinatra. 

4 minutes ago, Rexp said:

So hard to find good digital Sinatra. 

It is, and I see her point if you've only ever heard low-fi crap recordings of him before on low-fi equipment.